Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Bugs

Default Game Bugs

Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.

A few notes that will make tracking down and thus being able to fix bugs easier.
    • If the bug happened as part of a quest, please include the name of the quest and about how far into the quest it happened if the quest is a longer one.
    • If the bug was with an NPC, please include the name of the NPC and a complete sentence of what was said, not just the problem part to make finding the error easier.
    • Screenshots aren't needed in most cases and take up a great deal of "screen space". If a bug is with an item, the name of the item and what is wrong is usually all that is needed for us to be able to track it down.
    • If you are playing on Blight and encounter a bug, especially if it is something that happened due to a recent update, please post on the thread for that set of patch notes, not on here. In general we assume that the bugs posted here are coming from either Chaos or Order players.
    • Likewise it helps save us time and be more efficient if you skim the current patch notes before posting a new bug to be sure that it hasn't already been fixed on Blight and is just pending an update to Chaos/Order.

Thank you.

Default Re: Game Bugs

I've searched the Blight patch notes back to last content push,
    and have also asked In-game. No one seems to know if this has been
    reported. (and I do not see it in the previous bug reports)

Master Dye Kits: Purple colors

Both colors within the formula (light and Dark/deep) ask for the same
    comp bit - Purple Necrofly wings.

Originally they asked for Purple Necrofly wings and Purple Vexator Fringes.

This isn't a bug.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 26th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vortura
    After receiving the Ceremonial Chest Scale, Lord-Commander Jatell has a quest bubble over his head.
    When you greet him he says "The situation is dire, dire indeed" ... blah blah.... "..should we not continue to hold the line against the undead horde massing just beyond these walls!"

When you click on the "Beyond these walls" link, it just repeats the same paragraph and link.
    Quote Originally Posted by velea
    What is the name of the quest this is happening in please?
    There is no active quest. This is conversation chat with a link that repeats the chat. As I said I have just received the Ceremonial Chest Scale for handing in the Blight Hound hides.
    Is there a quest to kill Fafnir like there was for Daknor? If so, then perhaps that is where I am up to, or is it just the end of the line for these quests?

Now that I've relogged and gone back to revisit Jatell, there is no quest bubble, so maybe it is the end.

Quest "bubbles" happen not just when there's a new quest available. If you have an active quest and the particular NPC is the one you need to speak to in order to advance the quest, they will also have a bubble when you get near the NPC. So when you returned to Jatell with an active quest and he was the one to turn it in to, there would have been a quest indicator over his head.
    Last edited by Velea; May 17th, 2011 at 10:42 AM.

The quest bubble above Jatell did not disappear after I received the Ceremonial Scale (but the active quest disappeared/completed), therefore I thought there might be something more from him, especially given his speech that just loops on itself.

When I relogged, no more bubble, just Jatell's same repeating speech with the single link.

So that's the end of the line for the Ceremonial Shield and Scale quests? No need to kill Fafnir?
    The quest bubbles do require you to leave the area (either by logging out or moving far enough away) before they'll disappear if the NPC is one that is part of a quest, which explains why the bubble was still there. Not sure about the broken chat link, I'll look into it.
    Last edited by Velea; May 17th, 2011 at 09:55 PM.

In the new quest Primal Instant Heal IX: On to the Isle of Fire, the quest asks for 20 Giant fire beetles, but I had to kill 5 before the counter even began going up. This leads me to believe that it has been accidentally been set for a quota of 25 instead of 20.

Nope, the counter is set for 20. Only the Giant Fire Beetles will count, though, not the Giant Flame Beetles that are also on the Isle of Fire.
    Last edited by Velea; May 17th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.

Ranger: Hunting the Direst Wolves requires that you "kill and harvest the hides from ten (10) Dire Wolves".

The hides are actually a drop off of the wolves and do not count towards the counter. I went ahead and killed enough to collect 10 hides just to see if it would update at that point and it did not.

The hides that you loot will not count toward the quest. As the directions say, you have to harvest the hides. (It's a "gather" step, not a "loot" step to advance the quest.

Also, Small Ice Beetle Thorax has a "fang" icon.
    Easy fix, will have it for the next patch
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

On Chaos server, biped cannot place Fall Harvest Decoration: Haystack. I have Ingenuity II from miner but couldn't place the item by equipping Istarian Army Knife, Weaving Awl, or even bare handed. Error message is "The correct tool is Ingenuity Ability." Shouldn't the Istarian Army Knife allow placement?

A dragon friend came and placed the haystacks for me without any problem at all.

When you say "place", do you mean that you could not apply the flax to it in order to build it? If so, I've updated the Hay Stack to use Istarian Army Knife or Ingenuity Ability for the next update. If you mean that you could not actually place it on your plot, could you send me a PM to let me know that, as that's a very different problem.
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Greet Dialog - Typo

Khalatorin tells you, 'What is it now? Oh, Chased, my apologies. These so-called scholars are digging in some ancient ruins, dragon ruins. It seems long ago dragons made this palce their home. I would very much like to see what secrets I may glean from this location. Though with these clumsy naka duskael rummaging about....things are likely to become tainted or worse; lost in their inadequacy. I digress, Helian teaches patience and my incessant complaining is sure to be testing yours. Good day Gifted.'

Fixed
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Blight outfitter quest bugs, take 2:

Get the flax spool form on joining and again when I chose the
    'Replenish the village's stock of flax spools' quest

In the quest 'The village has been stripped of hides!', upon returning to Johald he asked if I had delivered the spools ok. Should have been hides.

The quest 'Distilling, an introduction' seemed to auto complete while I was gathering resources for it. No xp, no notice. It was gone from active quests, and I found it in completed.

Fixed the first two, no idea how the third happened so will have to try to replicate
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Another sort not working.

Community Surveyor.

The Plot Structures sub-window will not sort the structures.

Noted internally for fixing
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quest: ARoP - Retribution: Guardian of the Mind

Step 2: Defeath Kartarn Landen, the Gaurdian of the Mind!

Should be:

Defeat Kartarn Landen, the Guardian of the Mind!
    The ARoP will be undergoing a major update/change as part of the Summer Update, so things like this will be fixed then.
    Last edited by Velea; May 25th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

I am in Outfitter craft school (lvl8) with 64 Base Armorcraft skill and 187 current skill.
    I greet the Armorcraft NPC (Garthor in Augh) and click the "Would you like to join the Armorer crafting school?" link.

The game feedback gives me the message "You must have a base rank of 80 in Armorcraft to join this school".
    However, the response in the Garthor's chat window says "Congratulations, you are now a member of the Armorer trade school...."

I remain in the Outfitter craft school, but the chat message is somewhat misleading.
    No way to fix this at this time without breaking many other things due to how the constraints are set up, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Velea; June 1st, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

These bugs are related to the new plot structures -

- Volcanic Stone 20x20 tile appears to be using the tilled dirt texture.
    Sorry about this one... Not sure how it got missed in all the testing. Will be fixed with the next patch.

- Decorative Square 20x40 and 30x30 appear to be using the Fishbone Square texture.
    They both look to me as though it should use the proper "fancy_square". Will have to check with the artist.

- Obsidian tiles don't appear in the viewer, though it may be due to the shiny nature of the texture. (They look amazing when placed, though).
    Black tile on black background, I suspect is what is happening here.

- Along with Sandstone Wall, 20 meters there is now a Sandstone Wall, 20 meters copy 1 which is an XYZ axis model.
    Not sure how that got in there! Will be fixed with the next patch.

- The Human Clock Tower's footprint seems unusually large, and oddly shaped, for the size and shape of the Clock Tower. I'm unsure if this is a bug or as intended.
    You're correct, the footprint on it appears wrong. Will have to look into this one for an update with the next delta.
    Last edited by Velea; May 25th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Winter Vale:

Odd landscape tile. It looks like a landslide has half buried the main building, but I can walk under it, so figure it's a bug?

Have you cleared your world cache file? If not, please do so. If the odd landscape is still there after clearing your cache, please reply back with a specific location so we can look into it.

Engineer Tinod won't talk to me, but I figure that's part of the half done stuff. I haven't picked up any quests from these NPC's yet as I thought it best to wait till you finished working on it. Thanks.

This was a bug. Thanks for catching it.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 27th, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
    Be the Dragon!

Is the new Dralk Settlement & Guild portal supposed to be in the air?

Please try clearing your world cache.
    Last edited by Velea; May 25th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Western gem hut not loading properly on Island of Ice.
    The machines load, but not the actual hut. More of a cosmetic thing really rather than anything urgent.

Please try clearing your world cache. If it still does not load, please reply to the thread with a specific location.
    Last edited by Velea; May 25th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Be the Dragon!

Grizelian in Chiconis offers me the primal adept quest when I am already a primal master. This this is a bug?
    If you have not completed the Primal Adept quest, then no, it is not a bug. If you have completed it previously, then yes, it is a bug.
    Last edited by Velea; May 25th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Be the Dragon!

The shiny new roads next to the Aughendell portals and landing pad do not give the road speed bonus. Did not have time to check any other newly added roadways.

It will be like this for all new roads. Our apologies, there is a separate tool that has to be run for the road bonus and it was overlooked. We're running it now, but it won't take effect until the next shard restart (so probably next Tuesday).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 25th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.

Dragon's Reach V is still giving both adv and crafting xp (51,000 xp for each)

Got it
    Last edited by Velea; May 25th, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

I love the new ponds but found one problem with the planner footprint. The orientation is off by 90 degrees on all of them. So what you see on the planner isn't facing the same way as the pond on your plot.

Dracaena
    Not sure how I didn't notice this any of the times I placed it on my own plots, but I've let the artist know and we'll see about getting it fixed.
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Thread Information