Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Bugs

Default Re: Game Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by aegor View Post
    Brunt quest from the gnomian out post - Liquidate the icy dire wolves.

Chaos.

Have tried icy dires at various locations from the ponds north of the outpost up to the tower and none drop the the pelts required for the counter.

Might it be because Ihave 10 in my inventory received from Rane for some unknown reason - they are attuned?

Yes, though not sure how you got 10 of them unless you looted them while on the quest. They are a quest-only loot item. Looking at the quest, they are setup properly to drop from Icy Dires and all Icy Dires are included.

Went back and redid these quests with an alt with the following results

1 - Rane the scout appears to give you the ten attuned pelts when you accept the quest from her to kill the Than'kuk scouts . They just appear in your inventory with no accompanying dialogue and are attuned.

2 - Taking the quest from Fibble and attempting to gain more pelts does not work.

3 - simply deleting the pelts given to you also does not work

4 - Deleting both quest and pelts and retaking quest from Fibble does then work but with one obvious error. The counter is set to ten but after killing one wolf and gaining one pelt the counter immediately shows 10/10 and the quest updates.

Hope this is of use in debugging that quest.

I have tested this on blight and it works just fine. So, I have no idea what the problem with it was when you got it.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 31st, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Light Blast Spell (from Scout quest line in Winter Vale) is a nature spell apparently, but is only useable by CHSW, KNOC, ICED, FLMD, CONJ, SORC, WIZ, BTLM and MAGE... no nature schools to be seen in there, nor any other schools which normally can use nature spells.

This is by design.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 31st, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Light Blast Spell (from Scout quest line in Winter Vale) is a nature spell apparently, but is only useable by CHSW, KNOC, ICED, FLMD, CONJ, SORC, WIZ, BTLM and MAGE... no nature schools to be seen in there, nor any other schools which normally can use nature spells.
    Usable by multiclassed Bipeds wearing Arcane Main and also having high level nature school to support the nature skill requirement. I hope in future we will also have Spells requiring Arcane skill and useable by Priest Class Schools.

This is no different than having masterable abilities which are available to all adventure schools held by a multiclassed biped adventurer.

Thus in my view this is not a bug.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; May 28th, 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Usable by multiclassed Bipeds wearing Arcane Main and also having high level nature school to support the nature skill requirement. I hope in future we will also have Spells requiring Arcane skill and useable by Priest Class Schools.

This is no different than having masterable abilities which are available to all adventure schools held by a multiclassed biped adventurer.

Thus in my view this is not a bug.

Knossos
    But if it's from a Scout quest... why can't Scout use it? heh
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

2 bugs on Order...

Oak Treant Sapling Limb uses the same icon as an Oak Treant Knot

Got it. Thanks.

The Bard's Tail does not seem to be working with Dragon Reach 4. By my calculation, it should have a recycle of 1m 40s with the Tail. It has the full 2 mins.

I am unable to replicate this issue.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 31st, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Order... Dragon Reach 5... after finishing the kills, talking to Bentaras...

"Bentaras tells you, 'One...two...three, yes they are all there. <SNIP> I'll be taking these, thank you. <SNIP>"

The quest is to kill 20, use Reach 10 times. There is not collect aspect, and I don't see anything missing from my inventory... Seems odd.

Fixed
    Last edited by Velea; August 8th, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

Not a Scout school quest, the NPC is a Scout. That is not the same.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

i'm missing ice and frost blights in rifts edge.. are they moved elsewhere?

This is not a bug. Blights are present in the Northern Deadlands, not within the Trandalar Rift any longer.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 31st, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

Just starting ROP on a new dragon character - who is level 62ADV / 42CRA - and who has obtained the Simulated Chest Scale of the Prime AND the Simulated Tempered Scale.

When speaking to Vladtmordt (step one of "Becoming an Adult Dragon: Choose Your Path") Vladt tells me that I'm not yet strong enough to make the "final" hatchling scale.

I had been under the impression that the level-50 Simulated scales were the final hatchling scales - is this incorrect (with another hatchling scale available at level 75 or something), or has Vladt forgotten that he's already helped me make the scale I'm wearing?

No real way to fix this; can't modified dialog within a quest based on what else the player has completed or not.
    Last edited by Velea; August 8th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

The pure water well on aubadrine doesn't let me gather out of it while having Dragon intuition VI active. You need to gather pure water out of it for Gaileach: The myloc queen (part 2).

That is because you are using the wrong ability. From the May 2011 update notes: "Pure Water for the Myloc quest series can now be gathered using a Bucket and Ingenuity."
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 31st, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

Winter Vale - Engineer Tinod has a quest bubble above his head but when I greet him there is no dialogue. I do see a message in combat log of "Tinod uses ."

This is on Order.

Got it. Thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 31st, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Just had a Dryad Risen Bioscholar use Spiked Scales X. Not sure he's supposed to be able to do that

They have a mish-mash of abilities from multiple different areas
    Last edited by Velea; August 8th, 2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

On Chaos, Genevia area 15501,15031 the land mass doesn't match up properly. There is a distorted white triangle when you're looking NW. West side of land is slightly higher than east side.

Got it, thanks.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 3rd, 2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    Just starting ROP on a new dragon character - who is level 62ADV / 42CRA - and who has obtained the Simulated Chest Scale of the Prime AND the Simulated Tempered Scale.

When speaking to Vladtmordt (step one of "Becoming an Adult Dragon: Choose Your Path") Vladt tells me that I'm not yet strong enough to make the "final" hatchling scale.

I had been under the impression that the level-50 Simulated scales were the final hatchling scales - is this incorrect (with another hatchling scale available at level 75 or something), or has Vladt forgotten that he's already helped me make the scale I'm wearing?
    Not sure if this one was missed, Velea? At the moment it's being a little bit of a game breaker, because (if there is another hatchling scale after the level 50 ones) I don't want to continue with the ROP quest, since I know I won't be able to get it if I go much further (but I don't know how much further I can do the quest before I am no longer eligible to make the scales).

And, of course, if there isn't one, then the quest text is wrong/bugged because it thinks I'm a lower level than I am.

There are other scales to make, though you're right, they are not restricted to Hatchling only. There is, unfortunately, no way to really fix this while still leaving it clear to anyone who hasn't made those final hatchling scales that they should if they wish. The quest is now a part of the RoP progression as a whole, so can't be eliminated without if the hatchling scale quests are completed.
    Last edited by Velea; June 3rd, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shinobai View Post
    Just had a Dryad Risen Bioscholar use Spiked Scales X. Not sure he's supposed to be able to do that
    Actually, yes, he does. Bioscholars are an amalgamation of many races, including Dragons, so they get a mixture of racial abilities. So they aren't actually Dryads or Satyr or any one race in particular.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Sometimes when I kill creatures (Usually with the first swipe), no EXP is gained, and they do not count as part of your quest.

Log output:

[06/05/11 15:58:38] Forest Oastic hit you with Cloak of Thorns I for 60 pierce damage.
    [06/05/11 15:58:39] You hit Forest Oastic with Gold Rage VII for 985 primal damage.
    [06/05/11 15:58:39] You hit Forest Oastic with Gold Rage VII for 1185 primal damage.
    [06/05/11 15:58:39] Forest Oastic has been killed.

It does not happen all the time, and I have noticed this occuring in the past, but I've not been sure enough of just being a cosmetic display bug, or I was sure I should have completed a quest, but still need to find one or two monsters.

Perhaps one out of every four creatures I kill with the first attack, as far as I can tell. If a creature gets time to attack me, and a few attacks fire back and forth, it almost never happens, it seems to bug out almost exclusively in very quick flurries of attacks before the creature even responds, and especially if the area in general is quite laggy, perhaps every second kill
    Last edited by Draelen; June 5th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aegor
    Went back and redid these quests with an alt with the following results

1 - Rane the scout appears to give you the ten attuned pelts when you accept the quest from her to kill the Than'kuk scouts . They just appear in your inventory with no accompanying dialogue and are attuned.
    I can confirm this happens. Upon receiving the quest for the first time, Rane gives you 10 attuned pelts. No pelt looting is possible with these 10 pelts in inventory.

2 - Taking the quest from Fibble and attempting to gain more pelts does not work.

3 - simply deleting the pelts given to you also does not work

4 - Deleting both quest and pelts and retaking quest from Fibble does then work but with one obvious error. The counter is set to ten but after killing one wolf and gaining one pelt the counter immediately shows 10/10 and the quest updates.
    Items 2-4 above do work as stated. Delete the pelts, delete the quest, retake the quest. Upon subsequent retaking of the quest, Rane does NOT give the 10 attuned pelts again. The counter is 0/10, loot 1 pelt, the pelt counter goes to 10, you receive the quest update message; HOWEVER Rane will not progress the quest unless you physically have all 10 pelts in inventory, so you still have to loot the other 9 pelts.

After turning in the pelts and quest update, Rane then gives you the 10 pelts back for the next step.

So, there seems to be 2 errors in this quest:
    1. Rane's awarding of 10 pelts upon first accepting the quest does not allow the quest to proceed.
    2. Quest update message & quest counter registers completion upon looting of first pelt. (even though the quest cannot be completed with only 1 pelt, it is confusing because you're instructed to return to Rane).

I have tested this on blight and it works just fine. So, I have no idea what the problem with it was when you got it.
    Rane will only give you the pelts for the first quest 1 time. So if you've already gotten pelts from her, you won't get them upon retaking the quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I noticed last night that I was getting empty loot windows (25-30%) upon killing the young & ferocious bloodsnouts along the road from Morning Light towards Stormy March. There was no message about the mob not having any loot. I might have misunderstood the previous patch notes about empty loot windows, but I thought if it was really empty, the player was supposed to receive a feedback message.

On a side note, I was seeing quite a few sliding corpses, resulting in the "you are not close enough to loot" messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Hardened Scales X: The Final Test

The quest dialogue says that you have to kill both Mouf and Ravager. The quest box only shows Mouf. Not that I want to have to find both to kill them, but still...

Fixed
    Last edited by Velea; August 8th, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Hardened Scales X: The Final Test

The quest dialogue says that you have to kill both Mouf and Ravager. The quest box only shows Mouf. Not that I want to have to find both to kill them, but still...
    After you kill Mouf the quest dialog updates to show ravager
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information