Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May 2011 Content Update

Default Re: May 2011 Content Update

Pair of questions...

1) Was Gold Rage extended to 10, or does it still stop at 7?

2) Is there a plan to extend the Healing Adept/Expert/Master line to actually have the Healing Master ability? It's the only one of the three (Healing, Primal, Tooth & Claw) to be missing a Master level.

Thanks.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I have been gone for quite a while. Mostly because of issues with windows 7 or maybe it was my rig back then. After comming back I am quite happy with many improvements done. Love all the new changes and happy to once again be in istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    1) Was Gold Rage extended to 10, or does it still stop at 7?
    Gold Rage still stops at 7.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I went to Winter Vale as 100 ranger/100 tinkerer. It looked like Engineer Tinod Gaskettan wanted to ask me to do something (question mark over head) but then did not have any quest for me when I greeted him. Both he and guard Nagis just waved and had game feedback of "Tinod used ." or "Nagis used ." when greeted. (This must be the mentioned missing dialog?)

Did I not meet criteria for the adventurer/tinkerer quest? I think I greeted everyone there but I am not sure if I got it.

That aside, I think the area looks great and I'm looking forward to completing the quests! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Gold Rage still stops at 7.
    Seriously Goldrage hits like a truck going downhill with no breaks, and a heavy load against a guy crossing the road with a hotdog stand. 7 is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I went to Winter Vale as 100 ranger/100 tinkerer. It looked like Engineer Tinod Gaskettan wanted to ask me to do something (question mark over head) but then did not have any quest for me when I greeted him. Both he and guard Nagis just waved and had game feedback of "Tinod used ." or "Nagis used ." when greeted. (This must be the mentioned missing dialog?)

Did I not meet criteria for the adventurer/tinkerer quest? I think I greeted everyone there but I am not sure if I got it.

That aside, I think the area looks great and I'm looking forward to completing the quests! :-)
    They are currently bugged. Fixing them for the next patch. My apologies.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Has anyone noticed what the new class req. Have done to Shaman?

Shaman req. 200 skill in Nature and Blight. Normaly gotten with 20 levels in Druid and Spirtiest.

But now in order to take up the school Shaman you have to do something like 10 levels in Cleric then 20 levels in Druid. Then go do 10 levels in Mage then go do 20 levels in Spiritst.

Thats 4 differnt schools and 60 levels to work though just to start a Shaman.

Is it going to stay that way?
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Just a quick stop in to give a gigantic THANK YOU!! to Amon and the rest of the devs that continue to work so hard to add/update content for Istaria.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    Has anyone noticed what the new class req. Have done to Shaman?

Shaman req. 200 skill in Nature and Blight. Normaly gotten with 20 levels in Druid and Spirtiest.

But now in order to take up the school Shaman you have to do something like 10 levels in Cleric then 20 levels in Druid. Then go do 10 levels in Mage then go do 20 levels in Spiritst.

Thats 4 differnt schools and 60 levels to work though just to start a Shaman.

Is it going to stay that way?
    Yes, that is correct.

Before the last update I leveled monk to level 21 then I swapped over to level cleric for 20 levels or so.

Today I was looking forward to swapping back to my level 21 monk but I found that I was unable to do so until I had leveled warrior to lvl 10.

I understand that since the update monk is now a semi-prestige school and newly made monks need to first level warrior before joining the monk school, but I don't understand why anyone who has already started to level a monk has to train 10 levels of warrior before they can play their monk.

Personally I don't have any interest in playing the warrior school, leveling warrior took me a few hours, so for me that was time that I spent doing something that wasn't any fun. When I joined the monk school there was no prerequisite of 10 levels of the warrior school. The warrior abilities I have now gained are of no use to my character and I have no intention (and no inclination) to level warrior any further.

It would seem reasonable to enable players that created semi-prestige schools before the update to play their existing characters without having to train 10 levels in another school first.

Any information on the reasoning behind this new requirement for old characters would be appreciated.

Cheers

Your guess is as good as anything the devs would or could come up with as None of the pre schools for Monk/Druid/Spirtist have anything at all to do with Warroir/Cleric or Mage.

Warroirs dont get any unarmed skill and monks get no weapon skills?

Druids mite be linked by Augmentation/one hand crush/shield skills?

Mages dont get spirit or blight skills and Spirtist get none of the Arcan skills.

It realy just looks like a wtf moment were it was suppost to be puff puff pass but ended with puff puff and puff some more. Then in that state of mind Monk=Warroir Druid=Cleric and Spirtist=Mage all makes perfect logic.

Edit: As a side note that was the only bad thing to come out of that patch though so were doing realy good. And at least they did not make it level 20.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

The lair at the north end of the South March is still condemned.
    Glad its being fixed.

I'm very confused. I still don't understand this patch note:
    Monk, Druid and Spiritist now includes Khutit as a restricted race and are classified as Prestige schools.
    But.... you need 10 levels in mage. I thought I would have new schools to grind on my dragons?

Looks like Naithis isn't interested in teaching hatchies *sadface*

Maybe it means khutit was added as a racial restriction(ie can't take it). To keep dragons in khutit form fro being able to short the system or something.

I don't believe opening up these classes for dragons would have been announced with a half part of a sentence, but be screamed from the opening prargraphs! "dragons have learned how to wield a select number. Of biped powers!!"
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

belated THANK YOU, devs

for that great Content Update.

if its new porters (I love it), new quests, and most of all: New structures and flooring for plots: We enjoy it all, wishing we had more time to play

its nice to know that it will keep us real busy for a while

Lov & Flame
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information