Thread: [Closed]running in circles

Default [Closed]running in circles

so patched my istaria.exe to current yesterday i been running on a old istaria.exe for the past few months

and it seems running around mobs when in combat is still not fixed??? really not fixed yet im very lucky installing an older istaria.exe is a temp fix but if i did not have that temp fix i would have quit by now because it makes me want puke from getting so dizzy!

Default Re: running in circles

o_O "running around mobs?"

Can you post a video illustrating this behavior?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

if we talk about the same- its a serious bug.
    Its even worse than before patch.
    - you have to stand exactly INSIDE the mob to be in melee-attack reach
    - you are lucky if you get certain mobs at all:
    lvl 100something abdomination in ED run away from me (lvl 90 Luna), even when I hit them with a bold-and in combat wings I am too slow to reach them- they even vanish out of bolt- reach. Some of those I ran behing vanished like
    "popp" though I hit them and was near.
    Noone agro there. No pulling with snarl or winds.

Others on other places do a step foreward- two backwards aso-
    like a line dancer.

pls take a second look at that- its a pitty if certain areas are no longer worth to go hunting there- seems now the average hunter has the same probs, the ubers had with satyr / elite blights.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I noticed something similar with the oastics near Eastern Outpost when doing a quest there. I needed to be *exactly* on top of a mob, or else my abilities (like Gold Rage, Silver Strike) would get stuck trying to attack them in vain.

This *may* have been caused in part by lag - some warping of mobs was evident. But I don't recall having trouble with those mobs before.

Although many mobs have ran away from me (no matter what I did or tried to do to them!) in ED for months now... I guess an Ancient Lunus is just too intimidating for them

I havn`t noticed O.o however I did notice monsters I attack tend to run around me while in combat. not a lot, but like evading me. XD

Mobs also seem to be respawning in exactly the same spot each time. I have been trying to clear an area of marble golems to work on the ML, but every time I kill one of the five mobs right on it they just appear back again

Yes, I get the run around in circle too when free movement is off. Its so bad I actually get dizzy from it + you don't hit anything while busy spinning like a crazed dragoness.
    When you hunt mobs that move a lot or in group removing free movement keeps you close and helping others instead of hitting air cause you are too far. And yes its been way worst since the last big patch.

Quote Originally Posted by algenon View Post
    Mobs also seem to be respawning in exactly the same spot each time. I have been trying to clear an area of marble golems to work on the ML, but every time I kill one of the five mobs right on it they just appear back again
    Not to make this off topic, but I think the problem with the spawns is unrelated and would like to investigate, as that's something I can fix if my thought is true... Could you let me know either by posting here or PM where the Marble Golems are that you were attempting to clear? There's quite a few regions that spawn marble golems and they are set up very differently depending on the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Not to make this off topic, but I think the problem with the spawns is unrelated and would like to investigate, as that's something I can fix if my thought is true... Could you let me know either by posting here or PM where the Marble Golems are that you were attempting to clear? There's quite a few regions that spawn marble golems and they are set up very differently depending on the area.
    I have run into this on Drakul trying to quarry a marble motherlode. The respawn is insane, although there the marble is guarded by peridot and emerald golems. But I haven't tried to quarry marble there recently, had enough death points to teach me not to go after the marble motherlodes in the heavy golem areas.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Hi,

Just NE of last stand, all those golems there seem to be doing it.

Made some changes to what I hope are the right areas for the next delta.
    Last edited by Velea; May 27th, 2011 at 06:08 PM.

O_o Did this thread just get hijacked?

Anyway, back on subject: the spinning looks like it's a client-side issue and will require further investigation. Meanwhile, you can address the spinning around by either re-enabling "Free movement" or by backing your character away from the target ever so slightly -- about 1/2 - 1m.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

If it's any help Steelclaw, it started at about the same time as the ability freezing patch to live as I recall.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I have the spinning periodically (lets say once a month) since more than a year now. I have to relogg to fix it.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    O_o Did this thread just get hijacked?

Anyway, back on subject: the spinning looks like it's a client-side issue and will require further investigation. Meanwhile, you can address the spinning around by either re-enabling "Free movement" or by backing your character away from the target ever so slightly -- about 1/2 - 1m.
    or a uploading a older istaria.exe gets rid of this glitch.

Thread Information