Thread: Has anyone else got this message?

Default Has anyone else got this message?

Yesterday, I was waiting for someone at Chiconis landing pad (Order shard) when I got this feedback message:

I followed the direction but I was unable to determinate its origin.
    This was the first time it happens and I currently have no active quest involving Chiconis or its NPCs.

Would anyone have an idea about the meaning of this message?

Thanks.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Default Re: Has anyone else got this message?

That's me. The notes on the (experimental?) feature got dropped somewhere between the repository commit and the patch notes. Next time I'll try to get more attention to these things while they're on Blight.

Anyway, that's a feedback message you get if there's someone talking (/say only) nearby, but they're not close enough to have a normal conversation with. It's a step in a direction to try to resolve the "I see someone, they are talking to me, but I can't hear them" problem.

If you see that message, you can /shout and the sender will hear your /shout, providing the relative distance between you and the sender has not increased beyond 70-100m (the maximum range of /shout and the feedback message).
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

oH, interesting!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thanks for explanations, Steelclaw.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I have been flying around the world like a moron trying to find the source of these "messages". XD At least now I know I can stop that obnoxiousness. LOL

Thanks for clearing that up!

i been getting that message mostly saying east....so been looking in ED for something.....

Those are some sensitive ears.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information