Thread: More varity in dragon corridors.

Default More varity in dragon corridors.

Ok rooms look nice, we get to put murals up in some places nice n all. But how about some viarity on the cooridors themselves. Nice rock formations emmbeded crystals intergraded into the walls giving the creator more options than use the same run of the mill passages to the important rooms.?

Default Re: More varity in dragon corridors.

I'd like to see a bit more lighting in some of the corridors, the spirals especially seem "dark" which could be by design, but I'd still prefer a bit more visibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

in my lair i have t2 shops as some hallways and never activated the machines

Yup me too. In fact most of the tool rooms re not activated, but there for looks as pretty rooms and connectors. I used corridors as little as possible. So yes if they did have more to them as far as looks that would be nice.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I've done what I can to reuse inactive machine rooms as corridors, but I'd lovelovelove basic corridor-- with the attendant small size and flexibility of entrances/exits-- that looks better than the current ugly dirt ones. Even just a little lava cracking, or gems in the corners, would do wonders to spruce up corridors!

I use 4-way corridors when ever a straight, 3-way, or corner is required; then stick murals in the vacant attach points. Just a little bit of variety, and help figuring out where I am when multiple floors look the same.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Murals are one way to spice up hallways, but they don't always fit in with the rest of the decor, depending on what you're doing. In my lair I've been doing everything I can to decorate via structures and sculptures-- there's a few murals where otherwise I'd be staring at empty blue-rock doorway, but for the most point flat images don't really fit in well for me. Almost all hallways that I can't use an inactive machine room for end up being unadorned dirt.

Again, murals are wonderful things, and anyone who says otherwise is lying or nuts! But they don't fit in all situations, and all things being equal who wouldn't like more options for their corridors?

Like a dead oastic... or two...

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Murals are one way to spice up hallways, but they don't always fit in with the rest of the decor, depending on what you're doing. In my lair I've been doing everything I can to decorate via structures and sculptures-- there's a few murals where otherwise I'd be staring at empty blue-rock doorway, but for the most point flat images don't really fit in well for me. Almost all hallways that I can't use an inactive machine room for end up being unadorned dirt.

Again, murals are wonderful things, and anyone who says otherwise is lying or nuts! But they don't fit in all situations, and all things being equal who wouldn't like more options for their corridors?
    I mean things like crystals on the floor, like in some rooms made, in fact many other parts have some sort of resorce tacted to it, may it be crystals, different formation or coloration of rock, lava, water, floating glowing thingies. Murals are awsome dont get me wrong, but its still a same pattern that leads to the murals.

Also more things to play with is always a plus. At the same time it does seem somthing very simplistic to do.

We could probably tweak some of the existing models to add more variety. You stirred my interest and I might pull up the raw files and play around with them this week. No promises on it, though. Free time is short and life has been squeezing what little bit I have pretty hard. I'm having a hard time getting anything done.

And before someone brings it up, there cannot be any corridors that have angles other than straight or 90 degree angled bends. It is not because the system cannot support them, which it can. I have 45, 60 and Y shaped corridors in another project I worked on using the lair system to plan it and they create all kinds of alignment havoc between the doorways of other chambers. Plus you would lose a lot of useful space in planning the lair. They just are not practical with the size of each lair level.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    We could probably tweak some of the existing models to add more variety. You stirred my interest and I might pull up the raw files and play around with them this week. No promises on it, though. Free time is short and life has been squeezing what little bit I have pretty hard. I'm having a hard time getting anything done.

And before someone brings it up, there cannot be any corridors that have angles other than straight or 90 degree angled bends. It is not because the system cannot support them, which it can. I have 45, 60 and Y shaped corridors in another project I worked on using the lair system to plan it and they create all kinds of alignment havoc between the doorways of other chambers. Plus you would lose a lot of useful space in planning the lair. They just are not practical with the size of each lair level.
    That would be awsome. thank you for replying, Hmm maybe you should hang around dragons enough and time may stop for you. *But then you may have to carve yourself an ancient body.*

Muahaha! Once more, the fiendish trick of making the artist go "oooOOOooo..." works! I mean.

Haha, thanks Solitaire! Even if you can't find any precious free time, a reply is very much appreciated. (And, admittedly, I am TOTALLY BIASED for you finding some time!)

Thread Information