Thread: Istaria in the sky!

Default Istaria in the sky!

Yep read the cloud thread and was disappointed was expecting a good idea. So since I cannot sleep I will fantasize for a while.

Imagine if istaria just had no ocean Just many floating large pieces of land in the sky. course there will be bridges here n there n maybe some sort of teleport to land if you decided to jump into the void.

Well hear me out. There is a large portion of land underwater that no one will ever see or have access to due to well no one cant swim. now if we eliminate those vast voids of water and death traps to.. air that would probably make the game run smoother.

But then that may require bipeds to have some sort of transportation and many bridges here and there. But darn that would be cool.

Ok im done... you can ignore me now.

Default Re: Istaria in the sky!

I am not sure about this... it would change a lot of things...
    About the water, I wonder why Gifted, if they are meant to not having the need to breath, can still drow if they stay under water.

Default Re: Istaria in the sky!

The way terrain is handled doesn't support two levels of terrain (a ground below and something floating in the sky). There are ways to get the /effect/ of a mass of floating terrain, though, however, implementing these in favor of plain old water won't improve performance any, and in fact, would hinder it.

Falling will always be an issue. You can visit the rift and fall off into a chasm to get an idea of what happens. Not a whole lot, but you'll have to recall once you land.

That being said, really high places are possible. Go take a look at Shepherd's Rest or /printpos yourself in the Dralnok's Doom.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information