Thread: Why can't you finish what you started?

Default Why can't you finish what you started?

What I really don't understand is why we have yet another talk to the team when there are still previously talk to the teams / content that hasn't been acted upon or finished.

1. Loot Revamp - We have gone from a situation where pre loot revamp you could farm 100s an hour, now its 250s+ an hour with no major money sinks.....

2. Helians Tomb - Outstanding from T2 revamp

3. Broken Dragon Items - Outstanding from Broken items

4. Vendor Equipment - This was a talk to the team

5. Val Icon Pack - This was a talk to the team

6. Single Machine Structures - This was a talk to the team

7. Rare Collectibles - This was a talk to the team

8. Epic Mobs - This came out of a talk to the team

And probably more I can't think of at the moment.

I think thats enough to illustrate the point I am trying to make.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Why can't you finish what you started?

Wowsers... It seems to me that they just came out with a bunch of new content, they've got a pipeline in the works off their looooong pony list, and now they're trying to figure out what/how to shift forward to that pipeline. Development in any field takes a string of activities; I like that they have a constant flow going even if it seems long to get the releases after they've been discussed.

Remember Vitrium is mainly staffed by part time employees. They also very likely have moving ahead slated for full time employees, with bugs and existing item improvement slated to part timers.

Course that's just an opinion. There may be more to it than what we're seeing. I do agree with you about Vendors. Some of them don't even HAVE merchandise!

*Signs what Chasing posted* Agreed on entire List!

Seems to me they are running down the Pony list before
    they even get any Bugs resolved from the previous patch.

Fixing Known bugs should always be/remain Priority #1.

Redneck Said:
    Remember Vitrium is mainly staffed by part time employees. They also very likely have moving ahead slated for full time employees, with bugs and existing item improvement slated to part timers.

That is a bassackwards Business model, and I hope your opinion on
    their business practices are totally wrong.

Full-time Professional Employees should be dealing with the Bugs and
    Improvements within the game (along with Lore development).
    Part-time (or Freeby) workers should be given the Non-sensitive work,
    Non-critical, and "safe" stuff. (Safe as in - anything they muck up will
    not result in Bugs or Broken Game issues.)

The running excuse of "we have many volunteers and part time employees
    that work very hard" is getting thin.

My unasked for advice: Work smarter, Not Harder!

Andaras

While I am a little miffed at being told that dragons will get their T6 gear "later", it was the fact that my attacks are constantly on cooldown what caused enough of a reason to come back later when more things are finished/fixed. Too many things half done and waiting on completion for me to try and keep up with it all.

Don't forget about the veteran rewards program that was half put in too. Got three lairs that have been waiting on 2 years for that last material that was to be put in SoonTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    1. Loot Revamp - We have gone from a situation where pre loot revamp you could farm 100s an hour, now its 250s+ an hour with no major money sinks.....
    Please tell me where and how *Drools* *Is tired of earning about 30s/hour no matter what he tries on his 100*
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Thenalth View Post
    Please tell me where and how *Drools* *Is tired of earning about 30s/hour no matter what he tries on his 100*
    Farm mylocs/other critters in Doom & sell the oddities to Rhahool.
    For that matter, each load of travertine I drag in after killing a half dozen golems seems to bring about 30 sp; I could easily make 100 sp off golems if I were not digging so much.

Talk to the Team threads are not promises for future content.

They are inquiries about future potential direction or work. If you thought they were promises I am sorry but that was an incorrect assumption. Sometimes some of it may become features we work on and implement, but other times it is simply ideas we are putting out there to gauge the possibility that we may or may not spend time working on it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Eh the half done crap has always been an issue. However, I can't get too frustrated with this and Vitrim because other, larger, game companies have this same issue. It's not just Istaria, heh.

However, in don't see the discussions as a problem. You can talk about stuff you are looking at on the pony list without it having to mean you are working on it in the moment. I see the pony list talks as just that, here are various options the devs look at in any given meeting- does not carry over to "ok we are now working on this above all else."

I mean normally they are working on any number of things at the same time so I don't really see the discussions as taking away from work in areas that are not up for discussion.

The time to see results has always been extensive. That's the nature of the small dev group.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I don't think the situation is quite as black and white as you paint it out to be, Andaras.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

They could at least finish some of the "quickies" like the Dragon Broken Items. How hard could it be? Think of some useful stats, maybe a set for dragon melee, and a set for dragon caster, and throw em in there.

Couldn't be TOO hard, I mean, they introduced a whole set for Bipeds, didn't they? There's a lot more biped schools than dragon schools, so instead of lots of weapons and stuff, they only need what, like, 2 weapons and a couple scales?

Is there a real reason why this has been delayed like it has? Or is it a bit of a "oh, we're almost done... good enough, we'll just leave it like that, maybe do the rest sometime later" type deal? Honestly, I still can't figure out why the dragon items were postponed...

And where's t5 scrolls why introduce low lvl scrolls only?

Smile Re: Why can't you finish what you started?

I guess its just a suggestion box type thing, its not oh yea thats a great idea let me do that now thing. All things have pros and cons to them and you have to have time to see what will work and what wont. Give them a break, you want new content, the broken its take some priority i am sure but others are just suggestion.

Lillyjo, chaos server

Thread Information