Thread: Lamps

Default Lamps

There are some really nice lamps around Istaria. It would be cool to have some we could build on our plots for better nighttime visibility, lighting sidewalks and such. Think it would be a nice addition.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Default Re: Lamps

Greetings!

As it stands, this is something I have on my desk already. However it is also exceptionally low in priority right now when you compare it to other things on the go.

This means that you will unfortunately not be seeing lamps on your plot soon.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Just out of curiosity, the system is already in place for lamps. I know we built so many dozens of them as WorldProjects in the settlements such as Tishlar, Selen, Morning Light, and The Three Sisters.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Frosthide View Post
    Greetings!

As it stands, this is something I have on my desk already. However it is also exceptionally low in priority right now when you compare it to other things on the go.

This means that you will unfortunately not be seeing lamps on your plot soon.
    Thanks Frosthide. Nice to know they are in the queue. Keep up the good work
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Ummm as far as I know giving players light sources are a bad thing. Lag increases x2 whenever there is a light source around in MMOs.

Lights are particularly performance-killing in Istaria. A lamp without a light attached is no worse than any other plot structure, though a whole community full of plots with even a couple lamps each will incur a serious FPS hit. Sadly, that's just the nature of the system we have to work with.

Perhaps you can hire gnomes to stand around with sunscopes.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

what about the pumpkin-light, Steelclaw?

I use tons of them as lights on my plots-do they cause the same disturbances you describe?
    If not- we just need another "Skin"- and have lamps.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Anything with a light-source can have a performance impact. We try to never put very many (more than four or five) into a scene to avoid that.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Perhaps you can hire gnomes to stand around with sunscopes.
    Or Dragons in Tuxedos................
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Or Dragons in Tuxedos................
    ooooh, shiny! :-)

I like the idea of lamposts, and I think the light source for those would be much smaller than the current light source from the jack-o-lanterns.

If you want to limit the amount of light on a plot, put a limit on the amount of light source objects whether it is a lamppost or a jack-o-lantern.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

I came across this item recently, so if it's already in game could it please be made available?

Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Sorry, Delite, but the whole light-sources on plots is something we try to stay away from.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information