Thread: Suggestion: Generate additional revenue

Hybrid View

Default Re: Suggestion: Generate additional revenue

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    WoW, for example, has Explore, Quest, RP, Dungeons, and PvP. I don't count it as having Craft because crafting is completely secondary in WoW; you must raise your adventuring level to keep crafting. Even then, crafting either has an adventuring component or isn't really done fulltime. I don't count it as having Adventuring because there's almost no point to doing that over Questing, so they may as well be counted as the same.
    WoW plays entirely different than Istaria. In WoW, this sort of "crafting" that exists there needs intense time on farming which slows your leveling down. I like the Istarian craft system more as it is truely indifferent to your adventuring and does, in fact, not hinder that.
    If you don't want to lose time leveling your craft in WoW, you'll surely spend much gold, which is not that nice.
    In Istaria, on the other hand, virtually every craft ingredient is easily gatherable. This is not the case in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettanin View Post
    WoW plays entirely different than Istaria. In WoW, this sort of "crafting" that exists there needs intense time on farming which slows your leveling down. I like the Istarian craft system more as it is truely indifferent to your adventuring and does, in fact, not hinder that.
    If you don't want to lose time leveling your craft in WoW, you'll surely spend much gold, which is not that nice.
    In Istaria, on the other hand, virtually every craft ingredient is easily gatherable. This is not the case in WoW.
    I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this, since I was in no way saying that WoW was like Istaria. So.. I'm glad you agree with me, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui
    I once completed a specific goal in Jurassic Park: Trespasser in a way I don't believe the game developers expected... because they expected you to get a key card from inside a building, which we completely ignored and spent far, far too long stacking up boxes and tyres and other environmental debris to climb over the wall instead of going through the gate.
    I'm of the mind that, if the developers truly did not expect that a player might bypass that goal in some way, that bypassing it would have broken the game.

Computers only do what they're told to do; they can't see that a player has found another solution and then decide if that solution is viable or not. The programmers must be the ones to tell the computer how to react. Part of good game design is likely putting in a ton of failsafes should the player do something unexpected so that the game doesn't break when it happens.

'S all kind of beside the point though. Trespasser is very, very far removed from Istaria and how Istaria has to handle quests, which is what I was really talking about.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this, since I was in no way saying that WoW was like Istaria. So.. I'm glad you agree with me, I guess?
    Sort of, yes i do.

Thread Information