Thread: Hello from a newb

Default Hello from a newb

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself as I am a new player to the game. I am really looking forward to experiencing the game and meeting all of you. I have heard wonderful things about the community here and that is really what keeps me playing games. I am currently playing on a free account with my plain human, RealMcCoy. I've been considering upgrading to the full account but havent pulled the trigger yet.

I do have one question. Why are there so many people playing dragons? Other than looking cool and flying, is there something fundamental about the race that makes them better than the bipeds?

Thanks for reading my post and see you in the game!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Hello from a newb

It's not necessarily "better", but it is definitely "different". How one hunts, the rites of passage, the equipment, the lairs, it all makes for a completely different spin on the game. As has been said often before, it's like two separate games in one between biped and dragon.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by RealMcCoy View Post
    I do have one question. Why are there so many people playing dragons? Other than looking cool and flying, is there something fundamental about the race that makes them better than the bipeds?
    A lot of people play Istaria because of the dragon race. Dragons are enormously popular mythical creatures, and I don't know of any other game that lets you play as them. I would be surprised if most people didn't play dragons, honestly. It's not necessarily because they're better, it's just because they're dragons.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Welcome, RealMcCoy, from another newb...or, hatchling, in my case.

I also played a biped for a bit, but, it was being *able* to play as a dragon that first attracted me to Istaria...I certainly know a whole lot less about the game than others who have commented, but, so far, I'd have to say that being a dragon isn't necessarily better (although, we *are* quite gorgeous! ) but it IS different, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

There also seems to be (emphasis on "seems"...I certainly could be wrong) a stronger community among dragons...at least, it seems that I've gotten help a lot faster as a dragon than I did as a biped.

Anyway, have fun, and if you see a bright green dragon-hatchling, say hi!

Tullamore
    Always speak politely to an enraged dragon.

Playing a dragon is also a lot like playing the game on 'easy mode'. Dragons do not have to combine numerous adventure schools to simply survive, nor do they have to have armor made out of many varied materials to get fit into said schools. Dragons are immensely powerful and while a biped can become just as powerful, it takes a LOT longer to get there. Also, adult dragons can fly to escape combat if they wish to or to get to a particularly dangerous hunting ground while bipeds can not.

All these are also reasons people would play dragons, I think XD. I have both a biped and many dragons and I can honestly say it is an entirely new game if you switch between them. Both are very fun though, so I would reccomend having both If you get frustrated with the ease of being a dragon, hop over to a biped! Conversely, if you are annoyed with just how tough it is to get very powerful as a biped, play a dragon for a while ^^
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Welcome on Istaria, RealMcCoy. I hope you'll enjoy the game and the community. Feel free to poke me if you join Order, my name is the same than here.

*hands RealMcCoy a large mug full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! and don't worry about the plethora of dragons - most of them are friendly enough to not eat you ;-)

Glad to see you in the game RealMcCoy. It's always nice to see new people coming to the game. I for one am a old player from Life shard who finds himself continually returning to this game above all others. I also have both a bi-ped and an Adult Dragon and what everyone says is true. Once you go Dragon you never go back. j/k.

One nice this with this game is the fact that you can play free as human and that one character can take on so many different classes. Why roll a new character when you can just change schools and see what you enjoy more.

I hope to see you decide to stay for the long run.
    Rover Adult Dragon Chaos Shard

I don't play a drong
    Though I know many who do..I actually like the idea that as a non-dragon char (Like in many other games) I can make my own equipment and has a very large veraity of classes to choose from and to change the way I see fit. Dragons don't have that privilge fyi :P

Welcome to the game, if you'll play on Order, look me up (The same forum name) and join our chat group (Universal Soldiers) I'v been playing for less then a week, and I am enjoying this game so much with a lot of thanks to this game awsome community

Thread Information