Thread: Gnomekindle

Default Gnomekindle

Please bring back Gnomekindle. It was always my favorite gaming time. Lots of new quests, new mobs that we hadnt seen in a while, and PRESENTS. The goodies from Mrs Clause kitchen were most excellent also. I sure miss that part of the game. Thank you for your consideration - Grodec
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Gnomekindle

i second this proposal - in game seasonal events are the kewlest beans in the tastiest awesome sauce....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

And maybe if Gnomekindle came back we could once again obtain the Special Banner Flag Pattern Sets as the according special plot banner flags have become quite rare since they are lost when those special items are novianed when moving to new plots or when changing existing plots to make room for some of the new structures.

Knossos

I sign it all
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It's never too early in the year to ask for gnomekindle.

That said, what about a nice summerfest? Something with flowers and summer recipees? Summer clothes?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I miss the seasonal festivals. I tend to wander off to other games for their seasonal festivals since Istaria has none now. I would so like to complete the winter festival shoulder treant quests in my main's quest log. Could we please have all the festivals back?

Dracaena

where do I sign this???? I really really really really really really want to experience gnomekindle, even if it's just for one time, it's like one of those things the relatively new players only get to hear tales about from oldies

so please dear gods, hear our prayers (*chuckles*), please bring back gnomekindle.

gnomekindle in july? fun!
    someday i hope we can have a tinkering convention during retooling... that's what i recall most fun at the end of the school year ;-)

Default Re: Gnomekindle, Fall Festival & Hammer's Rest

Back in March, the Developer's Desk: Two-Hundred and Counting email to players promised "...additional content such as scrolls, the confectioner revamp, introducing past holiday events such as Gnomekindle and Hammer's Rest, and more. Moving forward we are hoping to do more of the same, but addressing some of the areas we haven't touched in a while, such as plots, holiday events...".

This sounds disconcertingly like Amarie's Developer's Desk: Fall 2009 (!!!) where we were promised "What will be happening with this fall and the winter festivals? ....with the current state of both the Empire and the calendar, holding two festivals between now and the end of the year is not feasible. Therefore, after speaking to those involved in the planning and creation of such festivals, it has been decided that we will move forth with a single year's end celebration, so for this year we won't be holding a "fall" festival and a few months later a "winter" festival."

That email was sent out on 24 October 2009 and it seems that we are still waiting for the single year's end celebration to occur...

What about "Hammer's Rest"??? Fall Festival had a Halloween theme and Gnomekindle was at Christmas: we can hold Hammer's Rest at any time (I'm sure the dwarves won't object ). I know you can't pull these events out of a hat and time will be needed to organise them but can some concrete steps be taken starting *now* so that an Istarian festival can occur within *at least* the next six months???

There is a lot of talent in Istaria's player base and contests would be a good way to generate both content and interest: I puts my tiny gnomian hand up to do some dragon lair murals and the odd plot banners (and maybe some cool variations on the "Happy Pants")...

Nia : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild : Blight Shard

Thumbs up Re: Gnomekindle

Here's another vote.
    Sondra De La Croix
    Guildleader, Crusaders of the High Plains, Blight Shard

I still have my Istarian Express Card.
    Add my vote for putting Gnomekindle back in.

Thread Information