Thread: [Closed]black screen

Default [Closed]black screen

not sure where to put this so ill start in the bug section

starting with the patch Tuesday ive been having a horrid time.

The issue Im having is graphic related, every port or recall i end up with a black screen. i can see my ui, chat window, i can chat just fine. but i can't see my characters or anything else.

if by some crazy fluke i get loaded, i still cant see my toon or the landing pad , as if im stuck int he ground. i cant move but can still recall , chat , etc.

i spent Tuesday night trying to get 2 toons into doom, after 3 hrs and both toons loaded in, i still couldn't play. the back half of doom wasn't there. just a line of black, that my dragon fell off and was stuck in.

logging out, clearing world cache, full scans, etc. seem to sometimes help sometimes not. i do this repeatedly until i can get loaded properly.

im having to spend literally hrs as in 2-3 every day to get get to anything where i can play.

sometimes it takes 10 ports to actually get into doom. paying for each port.

i dont mind the issue on Tuesday after the maintenance, i know it happens, and i usually dont play Tuesday's because of the servers slowness that day so i brushed it off.

but its not getting any better, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried 3 computers, 5 accounts, and its still happening, leaving me to believe its not on my end

please help , tell me what to do, or how to send you info that can help you find the issue.

Ive been playing for years and never had this sort of issue last this long

thanks,

Smoor

Default Re: black screen

the issue is still going on though its only when loading into doom, or porting into doom . seems i can move about the rest of the wolrd with few issues.

Are you playing with the loading screen off?

Also, have you tried logging out while stuck loading?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

ive switched back and forth with /setpref useloadingscreen true and false. It still happens with both, but seems to be less frequent while i use the loading screen.

logging out is the only way to start the process over it seems. sometimes it works sometimes not. i usually run a full scan and clear cache each time i login, since this started happening.

a few people in game have told me the stuck in the ground with no showing toon has been a issue for doom for a while, even though i hadn't seen it happen until last tue.

It's on the list of things to look at. One thing at a time.

As an aside, clearing your world cache is probably not what you want to do in this situation. It's a problem with getting terrain from the server -- and clearing your cache will just require the process to start over.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

ive stopped clearing the world cache and its been better this afternoon.

thanks for that tidbit. not perfect but at least i can get in and play within 15-20 minutes rather then 2 hours

Smoor, if you need a character moved out of the dungeon so that you can play doing something else, please submit a support ticket.

I know this is not an ideal solution, but just wanted to let you know it is available if needed.

recalling seems to work if they get stuck. thank you for letting me know that can be done if needed though.

been alot smoother after i got rid of the auto clear cache checkmark

Quote Originally Posted by Smoor View Post
    recalling seems to work if they get stuck. thank you for letting me know that can be done if needed though.

been alot smoother after i got rid of the auto clear cache checkmark
    Hmm thought that the "clear world cache" checkmark had been made non-persistent and was now a once at a time checkmark. If persistent it is probably the source of many player problems, at a minimum the need to constantly build a new world cache at each login.

Knossos

Thread Information