Thread: Fixing loots on mass kills

Default Fixing loots on mass kills

Was hunting the other day en mass and found it incredibly hard to loot things that died on top of each other. Tried the setscale but it work only to an extent.

This got me thinking. Is it possible to make it so that on a loot all the corpse disappears or maybe a button on the loot window that says dispose of corpse? This way the monster is gone after the loot instead of waiting for it to disappear from timeout. If you open the loot window and don't like the loot chances are the corpse doesn't need to be around to make it harder to loot others.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Fixing loots on mass kills

How does /setscale 0.2 not work? just make a macro that says:
    /loot
    /setscale 0.2

then you can get anything underneath even if it falls directly on top.

My loot button has macroed
    /snc
    /setscale 0
    /loot
    /gather

This macro a) selects the nearest corpse, b) shrinks it so I can tell I looted it, c) grabs all loot automatically, and d) if the corpse can be used as a resources and I have the right tool/gathering ability, then it gathers the resources, otherwise it just gives one line of text telling me I can't do that. Useful for mining dead golems.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    How does /setscale 0.2 not work? just make a macro that says:
    /loot
    /setscale 0.2

then you can get anything underneath even if it falls directly on top.
    It works but for example if i kill ogres and pygmys on abandoned isle and use a flame burst alot fall directly on top of each other. setscale shrinks them but the snc loot command still seems to get ones i've looted already. Only a problem with big spawns... taking on 4 at a time is fine for setscale.

I just noticed that once a corpse is looted that i didn't have much of a purpose for it and thought a suggestion for corpse removal might be beneficial is all.

Don't use snc then? I tried using it, but like you I found it to be more of a nuisance. I find it easier to click on 20 individual corpses that way I know *I* looted it and not a macro that tends to miss corpses or target one I've already looted.

The problem with what you are suggesting is that when corpses auto disappear it causes a bit of a panic. They did do this at one point but people got upset- what if that mob had the thing I needed on it? I'd rather be able to see the thing is empty.

What about a loot window based on area?

Say you kill a bunch of things the loot window pops up and its an area of effect loot window. So for 10 things dead in radius 20 units or whatever you get 1 window with everything in it? That would be the bees knees.

Not sure it is really viable to have corpses vanish after looting. My biggest complaint is at the other end of the spectrum. If I kill a large group they despawn before I have time to finish looting. I have taken to ae killing using a modified EQ druid style. I ae then target a single for extra damage and when they drop I loot, back up a couple steps and repeat so the dead don't end up in one huge pile and I have time to loot as I go. Would be nice to drop them all in one pile and not have to worry half of the pile poofs before I even get to look at it. Or worse, the corpse poofs just as you open the loot window and you get a glimpse of what you lost.

Dracaena

Thread Information