Thread: A backstory idea

Smile A backstory idea

(basicly, I am writeing this for several reasons. one being that i am rather bored while waiting for a answer to my account problem, i want to establish a backstory of sorts for my character, and i want to try out this Journal style of writeing. sooo......here goes nothing.)

*The old Journal sat dusty in the libeary, telling a rather sad, but true story from the perspective of a Child, the owner of the Journal. one thing that is immediatly noticeable is terrible handwriteing, however, fresher words are near ones that are impossible to read.

Today has been quite the interesting day recently, had another "duel" with Brother. this one gave me alot of brusies today, being alot more fierce then normal.

First thing first, i have detailed in a earlier entry that the last duel i had with him had resulted in my Stick breaking in half. (i was fighting rather poorly that time anyway.....) so to my suprise, while helping Father in the smithy, i got suprised when the door opened, and Brother came strideing in holding a Brand new Wood "sword" as he actualy fashioned a plank of wood to the apperance of a sword.

*a note is written here, by whoever refined the journal to make it elidble probaly. "if your looking for that entry the writer mentioned, it was detroyed by time, most words have been smeared or burned off.

I had gladly took the sword from my brother, and after a dismisal from Father, we both hastened to our "dueling spot" a small Island of sorts surronded by a pond. we each had took our places, holding our "blades" ready.
    before i begin describeing some events that struck out, let me mention one thing. My brother is about 6 years older then me, so he had the upper hand in many things. what i had? im a smaller target by some inches. and thats about it.

any way, quickly got my knees hit pretty hard, a rather painful blow to the stomach, and some more minor brusies or scratchs. One thing I was NOT thinking would happen was that My "foe" would have thought of a new combo of sorts. he had gone low and spun, a trip manuver i easliy jumped over. what i dident expect about it? his wood sword imeaditly following in a downward cleave. got hit in the head pretty hard there. and lost the duel because of it. i do think i should just stop writeing about it and go to bed, before this head ache gets worse. *the signature happens to be burned beyound ablilty to read.

(so, here ends my first "Journal entry" attempt that allows me to explain my characters early childhood and how he died the first time. this is also the first time i had presented a sort of story to people outside of basic RolePlay. so open to critisem. P.s. im not revealing the writers name cause i havent thought of one yet. and incase you havent relized, the person i will be playng as is the owner of the journal.)

Default Updatein.

(quick update, 1: that isnt the last part of it, i intend to write more when i manage to fall asleep and then wake up in the morning.
    2: You can find this Journal inside game roleplay if you want too. not as a real item of course, but something in a liberay or whatever.
    3: this one is directed at awzd mainly....no towel and food for me until i begin the main roleplay!
    now that im done wih that, i need to find a hammer or something to knock myself out with. since it is nearly 4:00 AM here. jeez.)

Default Re: A backstory idea

(hello again reader, get ready for the second journal entry. also found out i messed up sending the ticket. go figure.)

*The handwriteing is slightly better than last time, but several words are still faded or burned out.....the page seems different from the other one, but how isnt able to be seen.

Hello again Journal.... yesterday was a Brother day of fighting, Today was a Father day of smithing. I was somewhat nervous about it. why you ask journal? or well would ask if you could? My father recently judged me of proper age to attempt to start forgeing blades by myself.

not much i remember about the sound from the day, considering i was wearing ear-plugs so i wouldent go deaf from all the banging. I decided to use a bar of copper, since it was the most simple, my Father agreed.

Cant remember to well what i had to do on forgeing, and i couldent then either. luckly there was a book that was a guide of sorts. the greater part of the day was the constant bang of hammer agaisnt metal, and soon, hammer against blade as i forged it into shape, i was amazed by what my hands were doing.

Eventually i held up the completed blade, waking my father up. hes quite the heavy sleeper to fall asleep inside the smith building. he took the sword and asked me to comeback later as he added a hilt. so i went to eat, and came back. and voliah, theres my sword outfitted with a simple leather handle.
    "we are going to go sell this sword in a hour. do what you want in the mean time." so i wrote this. I can hear father calling me. i better go find him.

*the signature has been covered again, but this time not by burn. Dried blood covered the name.

(this is the last entry in the journal, might end up being short though.)
    *when turning to this page, you quickly notice a much more neat handwriteing, but rushed. dried bloodstains cover the page.

We were attacked by the Aegis.

I am the Brother of the owners journal. i have managed to find a quil with some slight ink to record what is going on in my brothers Journal, the last hope of our survival. father is dead already, and Brother is currently beserk.
    he is running around with both his wood sword and the one he forged, swinging at everything. He has actually downed some, others he hit with a satisfiying CRACK and ran off... *the ink is faded here, and suddenly inked words stop, and letters the appear to have been cut in are now there.

Ran out of ink. using a knife to cut the words in now. my brother is on a rampage still and....no.....Istaria help us, Blighted dragons have entered the clearing. and Brothers doing something either very stupid, very brave, or just plain idiotic. He throws the wood sword at the largest ones eye, which just pisses him off. (note, he wrights differnt then the books owner in terms of words used.) now he is chargeing it, sword raised high... No.......No.....NO! HES DEAD! this journal is our last hope for keeping our familys name alive. i hope someone finds this.

*a note is written at the bottom
    "this journal was found at the ruins of a house, destroyed by blight, six years ago. a skeleton was holding the book, and charged at the gifted that found the ruin. it seems unlikley that either is Gifted, and we would have no real way of telling it was them. every name in the book is gone, washed away by time.

( and there was early child hood and first death. hope someone enjoyed reading these things.)

*the Boy woke up. he felt he had been asleep a long time. he went to talk to the man infront of him. he told him that he had died. then he remembered.The Boy was now Gifted. his family was likley dead. he would gladly assist any way he could agaisnt the spreading blight. His Story has begun, taking after his brother to fight with blade, and his father to make the blade. he began with his training, changed and scarred by death at age of 12.

(finaly i am done messing with my account! I will be in spirit Isle soon.)

Thread Information