Thread: [Closed] Moving/Stationary Wisps and trouble gathering

Default [Closed] Moving/Stationary Wisps and trouble gathering

Also noticed today that now that Wisps are no longer moving, the 'you are too far away from the resource node' message is still appearing.

So can we have wisps mobile again please (since making them was motionless was the fix at the time, but it does not appear to have worked)

I am unable to reproduce this as I can gather just fine from them when they are stationary. Try moving closer and gathering again. For now, not changing anything.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 5th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Default Re: Game Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Also noticed today that now that Wisps are no longer moving, the 'you are too far away from the resource node' message is still appearing.

So can we have wisps mobile again please (since making them was motionless was the fix at the time, but it does not appear to have worked)

I am unable to reproduce this as I can gather just fine from them when they are stationary. Try moving closer and gathering again. For now, not changing anything.
    I have noiced this also, i have to setscale myself to 0, get litterly ontop of the node to actually harvest it.usually i end up backpedaling till i can collect. This is a non issue with other resorces.

I never liked stationary wisps so letting them move again is a good idea.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I've encountered stationary wisps that still report that I am too far away to gather as well, even if I am standing right on top of them. It's quite a rare occurrence though, so I am not at all surprised that a dev is having trouble reproducing this, especially since I don't see any real way to trigger the behavior. It just happens.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Moving/Stationary Wisps and trouble gathering

It was easy to reproduce them when the Wisps moved, but I have yet to figure out the trick when they are stationary. While I sympathize, Chasing and others, for now they'll remain stationary.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I was having problems in combat yesterday with lots of positional errors on Chaos (mob wasn't where it appeared on screen). Is it possible that when the wisps spawned that their position was incorrect on the landscape. I will say that I've been gathering T6 wisps in the past month and also getting the too far away message; however a few steps closer or on top of the wisp and I was able to gather.

I do wish the gather distance from wisps was a bit more generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I agree with what is said here.

Is it only an adult/ancient dragon prob?
    When I go khutit, I do not have any probs, nor when Luna was hatchie.
    Do bipeds experience the same?

Not sure if I wish that they move again:
    I remember how annoying it was to run behind wisps or have to leave disc somewhere cause with equipped disc and craft (wing)scales I was too slow to catch them.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I'm pretty sure I had it happen to a hatchling character once.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Just wondering here. Can those of you having trouble take some screenshots of the farthest you can be from a wisp before you start to have trouble with being too far away? Everyone has a different idea of what "standing on top" means.

From the technical standpoint, the threshold for harvesting is 3m between your character's center and the resource node's center. Dragons have their center just behind their chests (note where the green selection centers when you select yourself). The discrepancy between what is visually within reach of the character and what is technically in reach may be the cause of the "You are too far away..." messages.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Do bipeds experience the same?
    As a gnome, I have encoutered the problem of standing on a wisp and being unable to gather from it as recently as last week below Pratt's Pond on Order. I was gathering dim essence for cargo disks, and one wisp was too far away for me to gather from when I was standing next to and even in it. I just moved on and gathered from another, but I suspect I should have used a spell or other ranged attack to kill it so that it would respawn without that glitch.

I've experienced this a few times with both dragon (all 'ages') and bipeds in numerous locations. Sorry, no screenshots, as it's been a while since I've done any essence harvesting. I usually just kill the wisp with range/spells and let it respawn so it's accessible. Following the trajectory of bolt type spells, they usually appear to be spawning under the terrain (10-15 meters away according to the directional arrow in the target window).
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

I'm definitely "on top of it" and this was on Abandoned Island

Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

I don't doubt you, but I am unable to reproduce it. And making them move or not move doesn't' appear to fix it. So, for now I am closing this thread since further discussion isn't really going to add anything.

The likely cause is that the server's position is slightly off from the client's position. I am unsure how to resolve that, but will forward this thread on to the tech team.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Greetings,

The developers report that the update to Blight today has a fix for gathering from stationary resource nodes. If you play on Blight, please make sure to do a full scan on your Istaria install so you get all the updated files. If you encounter trouble gathering from a stationary resource node, please let us know.

Thank you,

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

Thread Information