Thread: Greetings all! ...again!

Default Greetings all! ...again!

Hello, glit'sita!

This would be my third time of posting here to date (previous attemps here and here if you're counting) but this time, I swear, I actually can stay for a bit. I've now got the income to pay my way, and as it's currently near the beginning of the summer holidays for me, hopefully I can make some headway.

I've made a new account, you may notice, and I hope that's okay, it's just that the letter ë wasn't being accepted on the other one, which was a bit of a headache.

As for my characters, my gorgeous female dragon Lyeekha Wooster is on Order. She is in persuit of knowledge and shiny trinkets, very much a hoarder! I aim to keep her very well-spoken, polite and grammatical (perhaps inheriting a few eccentricities from the Wooster family side...) Tea-drinking and British. I am also endeavouring to learn the dragon language and as much history and lore as possible.

Basically, she's what I'd be like if I was a dragon.

I also have a female satyr archer named Rekhyt, on the Chaos shard. I am in love with the look and animations of the Satyr race, so I couldn't do without one! And archery. I love archery.
    By the way, 'rekyht' is the old Egyptian word for a lapwing, or the lapwing heiroglyph.

However, I daren't play her too much until I've got a proper handle on the confounded complexity of the bipedal skills system... much simpler being a dragon.

If you see me, I'll look like this.

Also, I've got some lineart of my chars that I'll finish at some point. I like to think I've progressed a little since my first Istaria fanart!

Obviously this is Lyeekha as an adult, before I realised that 'growing up' was less of a simple matter of age, more of a trial by fire.

All satyrs have beards in my head. Even the females. S'a cultural difference.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. See you around! Until the end of the holidays, that is. No Isaria at college, nono.
    Last edited by Lyeekha; July 8th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.

Default Re: Greetings all! ...again!

Hello Lyeekha, and welcome (back) on Istaria. Feel free to ask, on this forum or in game, if you need help. If you join Order, you can also poke me, my name is the same than here. It is always good to see players join and return in the community

Awesome! and welcome back!
    aha! another shiney lover! good competitor for my shinies obsessed adult Falkor XD
    even though he`s all grown up, if someone whipes out a shiney item he acts like a giant puppy dog, and shakes his whole rear, and pants. XD
    and then there Reagle. a mild temptered helian ancient with the heart of a hatchling. very friendly, and kind, loves hatchlings, even has one of his own
    he was once known as Istaria`s hatchie jungle gym XD

I know a little draconic, but if you`d like to learn, or RP your little one learning I`m sure Reagle and Saphire could lend a hand or paw rather lol!

Thank you both! I've already experienced a little of how willing to help this community generally seems to be, yer lovely.

I've never really seen anyone speaking draconic in-game, I can't imagine there's many/anyone who are 'fluent'. I think it would be interesting to have an optional side-quest wotsit that covered some basics of the language, for the knowledge hunters or completists out there. I think that would be good. Tricky to implement though.

Welcome back lyeeka I hope my dragon spots you ingame

*serves Lyeekha a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Thank you, see you about the place!

Lieeekaaaa!

Glad to see y' around again again o3o

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

welcome to Istaria, would be glad to help you learn the language best i can, I'm pretty fluent in it when i decide to use it.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Ah, Pajness. Yup, here we go again! 'Rrah!

Thanks Venom, it would be good to put it to use when I'm more familliar.

call me Saphire.. keep meaning to get that name changed.. and no problem
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Ah, I'll take care to remember that, I had a similar problem on another site.

Thread Information