Thread: Lets talk about T6.

Default Lets talk about T6.

Here i go bringing up another old topic.

Ahh good ol t6. No way to get optimal, and only a few places to collect what we need to build the things we need.

I would suggest lowering the rediculous ammount needed to make bars, bricks and orbs. that 1600 to optimal is overkill. But yes maybe that is one of the points. We are not supposed to max, thats why many things that used to stack, like wiskey for example with other things are not allowed anymore.

But lets go to where we do need a boost and it is reasonable. Why not up all the gathering skills by 100 points or more, to allow us to gather the mats faster.

Or better yet. Place more nodes, they are to little to play with, especially whisps. if one more person is harvesting the same thing, there would not be enough for both. More nodes wont hurt and maybe some adamantium golems could help to collect more ore.

Default Re: Lets talk about T6.

ok, I am for the extra gathering skill points, and the extra nodes, but please, no more mobs, all the T6 resources are already guarded one way or another, and adding more (near impossible to beat in craft gear, as I've been told) mobs would just make it harder for the craft-only people.

Going to disagree here.

T6 needs to be difficult. Its the 'end game'.

The T6 resource nodes have already been increased (and added to the game) in the past.

Make T6 too easy and we will need T7.........
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Going to disagree here.

T6 needs to be difficult. Its the 'end game'.

The T6 resource nodes have already been increased (and added to the game) in the past.

Make T6 too easy and we will need T7.........

I have to agree with Chasing here.
    Make T6 to easy, and it would not be hard anymore, and it gets borring fast
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    This. Leave T6 as it is. Special. Difficult. We can already hit opt at gathering it. They already increased the nodes a few times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    Here i go bringing up another old topic.

Ahh good ol t6. No way to get optimal, and only a few places to collect what we need to build the things we need.

I would suggest lowering the rediculous ammount needed to make bars, bricks and orbs. that 1600 to optimal is overkill. But yes maybe that is one of the points. We are not supposed to max, thats why many things that used to stack, like wiskey for example with other things are not allowed anymore.

But lets go to where we do need a boost and it is reasonable. Why not up all the gathering skills by 100 points or more, to allow us to gather the mats faster.

Or better yet. Place more nodes, they are to little to play with, especially whisps. if one more person is harvesting the same thing, there would not be enough for both. More nodes wont hurt and maybe some adamantium golems could help to collect more ore.
    Need? This is not game which requires constant boss fights in the hopes of getting a slightly better piece of equipment then you already have. In this game there are only things you want in the time you wish it to happen with dedication, but you definitely do not need anything.

While I must agree that the 1600 skill is very steep, but frankly it is endgame and as such only for hardcore crafters who like extreme pain… (That is my point of view anyway)

As for additional nodes I am not in favor for additional nodes, I have however in favor of removing all regular and rich nodes from the game and place only 4-5 motherlodes per spawn field.

As for golems… That would be a definite no, considering you only get 50% resources from a golem compared to a regular node so in theory you will need to kill 2 golems to have the same resources as 1 regular node, however I dare say that you can gather from at least 2-3 node in the time you kill those 2 golems and gather from them letting you have 2-3 times more resources simply because you don’t fight. It is not as if you gather from them once and all that is to gather is in your inventory. Also the 50% from regular node amount of resources these golems carry is way too low, let them have the same as a rich node and named golems the same as motherlode I would agree. Killing a golem if it means you can keep digging a long time is ok with me, but not in its current state.

As far as I am concerned all wisps are removed from game, leaving only the residue scattered across Istaria. Introduce a new formula buyable from the trainers to change normal essence into tainted essence in a 1:1 optimal ratio, not 2:1 like most resource processing goes at optimal.
    Last edited by Dragonboy; July 12th, 2011 at 04:08 AM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I agree with Chasing, Abbie and Shian
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post

I ofc mean, do NOT make T6 to easy
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Endgame i can get. I do not mind traveling far, make scale spesificly to harvest one thing and all. But calling it hardcore crafting is not a good word. mainstream is the word your looking for. As it is right now the radiant whisps have a huge area to work around and are far spread apart. condencing them like the rest of the materials would be idea. even though they added more nodes, 2 players or more going for these items will remain in a fight fest to the next node . I understand more were added but i see it as not enough.

there is a difference in making it fun and a challange than having it mundane. node condensation or other than 1 spot to farm said materials does help alot. there is alot of land that can be used for said purposes.

More locations, just as far out as the ones we have right now is not to hard to implement. the collecting for dragons is , according to guaran 50% less than those of bipeds. It should not be that big of a difference. as for the making of em, dont mind depending on a biped to make an item better then i can but it be nice if atleast for crystal shaping id get more points to be a bit more efficient on making them. Not everyone has access to t6 machienery if they did they have to travel far or spend to many trips which is not a challange or endgame. its just a mere timesink no matter how you look n paint it.

what would be endgame would be what is need to apply, make the collecting and makign as fun as the other tiers, but ask for more to get an object done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    As far as I am concerned all wisps are removed from game, leaving only the residue scattered across Istaria. Introduce a new formula buyable from the trainers to change normal essence into tainted essence ...
    Um.. what? Wisps are still around, and tainted essence is still perfectly gatherable.

Not everyone has access to t6 machienery if they did they have to travel far or spend to many trips which is not a challange or endgame. its just a mere timesink no matter how you look n paint it.

what would be endgame would be what is need to apply, make the collecting and makign as fun as the other tiers, but ask for more to get an object done.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand how you see traveling to a T6 machine as a timesink, but you do not see having to gather yet more resources ("ask for more to get an object done") as a timesink. They both are, and I'd wager that having to gather more resources is even more of a timesink than traveling to T6 machines.

Crafting itself is kinda just one big timesink, really. The only reason T6 is considered "hard" is because it just takes more time. There's not really anywhere else to go than that to make crafting "difficult." All crafting is a matter of time, with a smidgen of resource management and pathfinding on occasion. There's not really anything else to it, if I'm being honest here.

That said, though I haven't touched T6 since the radiant wisps had to be herded to Feladan, I don't really think it needs to be made any easier. It was, in fact, easier than I had expected it to be back before I started.

To touch specifically on a point in the OP - that adding adamantium golems would make gathering adamantium easier - I disagree completely.

I always dreaded doing travertine, even as a dragon, because it was all guarded. If I was unlucky enough to get attacked by Tibur, then I had a 50/50 chance of having to fly back. The other 50% was either dragging my disk somewhere else on the field or waiting for him to go away.

Guarded fields are incredibly annoying to work, in my opinion. The fact that harvesting a golem - which takes effort to kill - seems to yield even less than a regular resource node is not the least of the reasons.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Um.. what? Wisps are still around, and tainted essence is still perfectly gatherable.
    That was meant more as personal wish for the future then reality. Residues I can gather from when I stand on top of them, wisps although officially not mobile have a tendency of moving beyond my reach even though I stand on top of them. Forcing me to become angry again and throw a Dragon’s Reach up their behinds… or fronts… whatever.
    To touch specifically on a point in the OP - that adding adamantium golems would make gathering adamantium easier - I disagree completely.

I always dreaded doing travertine, even as a dragon, because it was all guarded. If I was unlucky enough to get attacked by Tibur, then I had a 50/50 chance of having to fly back. The other 50% was either dragging my disk somewhere else on the field or waiting for him to go away.

Guarded fields are incredibly annoying to work, in my opinion. The fact that harvesting a golem - which takes effort to kill - seems to yield even less than a regular resource node is not the least of the reasons.
    I agree with you… Tibur is very annoying indeed. Always seems to drop in when you least expect it (with at least 1 friend, most of the time 2).
    As for the numbers… When I harvest for example marble any golem gives me 70-80 slabs while a regular resource node gives me 160-180 (Both include the +10 bonus resources you tend to receive). Not even Brecah provides more then 70-80 slabs and it does tend to bother me 3-4 times per hour.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    ... wisps although officially not mobile have a tendency of moving beyond my reach even though I stand on top of them.
    That's strange.. even when wisps were mobile, I never had one continue to move after I started harvesting it. It would settle down onto the ground and wouldn't resume moving until quite a while after I'd finished with it. I've never seen them move in any capacity since they were made immobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    That's strange.. even when wisps were mobile, I never had one continue to move after I started harvesting it. It would settle down onto the ground and wouldn't resume moving until quite a while after I'd finished with it. I've never seen them move in any capacity since they were made immobile.
    It did happen from time to time, probably lag or something. However that was not what I meant… I mean the standard issue of you walk to a wisp, visually it is below your feet, but according to the game it is 20m away.

However I did have another thing happen several times, not with wisps but with lower level ore veins. I am halfway done digging from a node and the node is just suddenly gone and get a message that I am too far away to gather. At the same time that this happens the whole field is apparently re-arranged as in all nodes are in a different location except the one I was digging from because that one simply went “poof”.

I mean the standard issue of you walk to a wisp, visually it is below your feet, but according to the game it is 20m away.
    Ah, right. Yeah, I still get that on rare occasions too, despite the fact that wisps were made immobile to fix that exact issue.

I am halfway done digging from a node and the node is just suddenly gone and get a message that I am too far away to gather. At the same time that this happens the whole field is apparently re-arranged as in all nodes are in a different location except the one I was digging from because that one simply went “poof”.
    Oh, yeah. I've seen that on occasion too. My theory is that the game forces the field to rearrange itself to ensure that all the nodes aren't stuck somewhere inaccessible. I imagine that if fields did not do this periodically, that, over the years, every resource field would come to have most of its nodes clustered in impossible-to-reach locations.

... as for the making of em, dont mind depending on a biped to make an item better then i can but it be nice if atleast for crystal shaping id get more points to be a bit more efficient on making them. Not everyone has access to t6 machienery if they did they have to travel far or spend to many trips which is not a challange or endgame. its just a mere timesink no matter how you look n paint it.

Dragons can be optimal for t6 crystal and lattice construction, I can with my dragon in craft scales, self buffs, and the t6 machines at my lair. There are a LOT of t6 lairs these days if you don't have your own machines to work from. Ask around if you don't know where they are. I know it can be awkward working out of someone else's lair, I did that building my own. Makes you appreciate your own that much more when you get them completed.

T6 should be hard, that is the top end crafting. It is amazingly easy now from what it was when t6 was first introduced. Back then I didn't consider building rooms higher then t5. The thought of digging for bonus gems for the tricuts was more then I wanted to do. I salute those who did build t6 rooms back then.

I wish there was a way for my dragon to hit 3:1 for orbs and bricks but I have friends to help me out with resource crafting. The rumored change for lairshaping sub combines will be an incredible help with the number of trips one will have to make for lair work. I sure will be counting my blessings for fewer trips to the travertine field when that goes in (thus the work on the grand hall is currently on hold).

Dracaena

I doubt it is the Azulyte and Lattice that are the problem here, my personal issue that I have with T6 is the fact that for Smelting I need 4 adamantium ore and 2 mithril ore for 1 Ada.bar this is with scales, T6 machine and self-buffs (as dragon). The whole essence thing I will not even mention how incredibily terrible that is, no ML wisps and bad scales are a bad combination.

Sometimes it annoyes me, but making it easier still ruins the game.

I doubt it is the Azulyte and Lattice that are the problem here, my personal issue that I have with T6 is the fact that for Smelting I need 4 adamantium ore and 2 mithril ore for 1 Ada.bar this is with scales, T6 machine and self-buffs (as dragon). The whole essence thing I will not even mention how incredibily terrible that is, no ML wisps and bad scales are a bad combination.

Sometimes it annoyes me, but making it easier still ruins the game.

You need better scales, my dragon is 3/2:1 on adamantium at a t6 smelter. It is the travertine and radiant that even specialty scales and full biped buffs can't get better then 4:1 and I have biped friends process those for me.

Dracaena Starfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    You need better scales, my dragon is 3/2:1 on adamantium at a t6 smelter. It is the travertine and radiant that even specialty scales and full biped buffs can't get better then 4:1 and I have biped friends process those for me.

Dracaena Starfyre
    I have 10x Strength with Smelter V and a claw with a +32 smelter cog and with only self-buffs I never got it to 3/2:1.
    Not sure how my TP's are currently divided should check that. In the past I did have considerable amount in Dex.

I have 10x Strength with Smelter V and a claw with a +32 smelter cog and with only self-buffs I never got it to 3/2:1.
    Not sure how my TP's are currently divided should check that. In the past I did have considerable amount in Dex.
    I made specialized socketed smelting scales. Strength head, chest, and both forelegs with smelting V, double sockets, and stat crystals. This is in addition to the rest of my normal craft scales which are strength with smelting, mining and lairshaping on that set.

1400 smelting is the magic number you need to hit 3/2:1 adamantium bars. Smelting is 2/8 power/strength so raising dex isn't going to help. I am primal and didn't bother moving any training points. I don't even have all lv100 crystals in those sockets, a number of them are lv60's (was no reason for higher level crystals once I had the 1400).

Sadly the socketed scales I made for essence shaping and stoneworking didn't get me to 3:1 on those resources. But happy adamantium smelting.

Dracaena Starfyre

Thread Information