Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transport error

fordirelifesake

Default transport error

ig ot that emai like alot of you have gotten and i decided to give it another shot for 13 bucks i said what the hey. but it wont let me log in it does everything it supposed to witht he engine and all then it goes to black like it is going to load. after that i get a little error that says transport error. i try to select it so i can read what went wrong but it wont let me...

anyone know whats goin on.

i with the AE "help" kept en eye on these forums, problems would get fixed faster i think. by chance does anyone know how many people even play this anymore?

Archion13

Default Re: transport error

Considering there are only 3 servers now, i'm assuming there has been a huge drop in player population. I've seen it on every MMORPG i've played. Never a good sign. But i too tried to give this sad excuse of a game another chance. I'm getting the same errors you are and still haven't been able to play since resubscribing. If by the weekend's end i still have not played, i will be cancelling my subscription and demanding my 13 bucks back since i have been unable to play. If you find out what is wrong and its fixed, please let me know.

Carmen

bigswifty

well the first obvious suggestion is to disable any firewalls you might have running, and if you are using a dsl/cable gateway router look around for advise on setting a port (I don't know if it's needed for HZ, I expect I'll find out later this evening since I use a cable gateway at home)

or it could be that the shard was down or the login server was. but that seems less likely then the firewall suggestion.

also bear in mind that these forums are less then 24 hours old so some time might be in order for folks to start replying and devs to get used to looking in from time to time

Archion13

Its not working because of a old bug. Not because of something on our side. You sound like microsoft when they're confronted with a bug or problem.
    "I can't start windows" customer said
    "Its your computer cause windows is perfect" CSR
    "No its not" customer said
    "Yes it is, goodbye" CSR

Its not our computers. Its this buggy ****** game. Always has been, always will be.

bigswifty

well with that attitude perhaps its a good thing you can't connect.

All I did was offer a common possible solution (like "is your computer plugged in?")

I did not say "its all you" nor did I say HZ is perfect, but If I were you I would have a little respect for those who attempt to offer help since HZ support don't seem to be offering any info in this forum.

I certainly do not represent AE or their support department in any way with my attempt to offer help for your problem.

and I hate to tell you bub, but if a game is deved on a small group of system configurations and yours aint one of them...well... then it is your computer.

sure it's the devs fault for not including your specific computer's configuration (one of 20 billion possible mixtures of hardware and drivers) but ultimately it worked for someone, just not you.
    I always build my systems by hand from the case up, and I have yet to have a game totaly not work on my box, and I hate to tell you, any problems I do have are corrected by modifying something on my box not the application's code.

sure better cross configuration coding would be nice, but you have to draw the line somewhere, NOTHING works 100%on every box out there NOTHING!

now go buy yourself a clue and some manners

Archion13

My reponse was not mean to be rude or ignorant, but a means to explain to you that its not my computer. I've played Horizon's before, on this SAME computer. So obviously i know what i'm talking about when i say its not the computer.

My computer is also built by hand, and configured the way i like it. This is my gaming computer, with a top of the line Video Board and Motherboard. Everything this computer is suppose to do it does great.

And i guess you forgot how frustrating and annoying it is when something you just PAID for doesn't work. So you call the help line, and get someone that doesn't know anything about this specific problem, and he's trying to tell you what to do. Now i meant no offense, and if i did offend you i will not apologize. I appreciate you offering suggestions as to what is wrong, and maybe for some that would work, but i'm too pissed off and frustrated to be bothered with things i know isn't the problem.

At least you responded, Horizon's doesn't even give you that. Nor do they have a Help Line you can call. Lazy bastards.

Carmen

bigswifty

thank you. :)

sorry you are having trouble

btw just remembered something, I read that you now need the .net framework to play. do you have it installed?

go to windows update and see if it is in the 2nd list (not the critical updates section, but the one below) if it's in the list then you don't have it.

Archion13

Just did that, having the same problem. I was hopeing that would have worked, but alas, it did not. We're the **** are all the CSR or Dev's for this forum?

Who's doing cases since friday morning, cause i've had 1 go unanswered since friday morning?

Carmen

Kurash

I've opened a support ticket with AE on the issue. Here's thier reply. It's seemed to work for me as I get less transport errors when I log in. Althoughif I log out in New Rachival, it still takes me forever to log in. I think there's something wrong with that city.

Tried to catch you in IRC, but you logged out. The disconnect reason from your logs is MAX_RESENDS. What this means is that the game attempted to send 50 packets but got no reply to any of them These are UDP packets it is expecting a return update packet from the server, but is failing to get one.

The most common cause of this is that the necessary ports for the game are blocked. These ports are 47701 - 47704, 47101 - 47110 and 44701 - 44710. And typically Windows Firewall (when installing SP2 on Windows XP) or a router have these blocked.

Sincerely,

Amon Gwareth Horizons Customer Support

P. S. Is there a way to make quotes? I tried the[qu0te] [/qu0te] commands, but all that did was white out the whole part of the text. See example below..

This is what quoted text looks like...

Archion13

He told me the same thing. i tried manually opening the ports through windows firewall in the control panel but still doesn't work. Can you or him be more specific with the exact ports and how to open them?

Carmen

Ericc

Just logged out and restarted my pc to refresh my memory and now I can't get back in.

"Transport Error"

Ericc(Chaos)

Wizard

I was just in... logged in for about 5 mins... relogged all the while im in my wife is trying to connect and keeps getting stuck on #1 in auth que. As soon as I relog and try to reconnect im getting the same thing, either the server isnt letting ppl in or something just happened.

Mystara

Its 6pm CST. I havent been home to play today til just now and I keeping getting a transport error when it tries to connect. I have tried all my chars and none will log in. I was playing yesterday so I know that it isnt my firewall/router/comp. =\

Archion13

i no longer get the transport error. and i start to log in, but when it gets to the generalizing character whatever it freezes up EVERYTIME. How F"ING annoying.

Carmen

Archion13

GOD BLESS HORIZON!!!

Have they even fixed any bugs since i left a day after beta?

Do knights of creation still crash when you summon sword and shield at the same time?

Carmen

when you sent in your support ticket did you include your log files?

Archion13

If i was told to do it i would have. They just told me no refund.
    If there's a way to get my money back, please, let me know.

Carmen

is this a new installation? or previous? are you trying to log into a previos character or create a new. if previous character see if you can create a new.

Archion13

i wish there was a way to have a direct link to tell you, but this will do i guess.

Its a new installation but i've had the game since day 1. I'm trying to create a new guy because my other ones are on server that no longer exist. But it freezes up before i get to pick my race.

Carmen

Archion those Knight of Creation bugs have been fixed a longg time..

As for the transport error this is what I've done.. just keep trying to log in, you'll get in eventually. It doesn't happen all the time, but after a reboot on wednesday I couldn't get back in after about 7 tries. Usually it's only 2 or 3, have you had any luck yet?

Thread Information