Thread: About Crafting---Things That Bug Me

Default About Crafting---Things That Bug Me

Over the past few weeks since plots were opened I have crafted exclusively on our Guild town and the following are a few things I or other members of my Guild have noticed while crafting.

1) The new spawns can be a killer, especially on things such as silk,maple,etc. One minute you are gathering resources without a Mob in sight and the next you are surrounded by Mobs. Being most are in cargo armor at the time you may as well chalk up another dp. Some such as the maple treants seem to hesitate a bit before going aggro while the shadow spiders protecting the silk are upon you immediately.The instapop when harvesting ore and then the MoB placing Overburden on you is deadly.

2) Some resources are still limited in the spawns or places you can find them. Silk is one of these making things difficult to build.

3) Why does the new spawn dynamic include wisps? Ores,trees,etc are either there or not there. With wisps, and I will use the Brights for an example, you have to remain in the area for at least 5 minutes before they spawn in. Outside Feladan this is not too bad but if you are the only one harvesting by the time you take one load in and return you have to wait again as they have all despawned. Amongst the maples they spawn in about the same time as the treants.

One hint here for other Bright addicts, I have taken to having a friend who is not playing load in and go afk outside Feladan to keep the spawn active until I finish harvesting for the session.

4) Cargo Armor--Why if you can wear cotton or silk in one school does it all drop off if you switch to a lower school? This makes little sense in that if you know how to use pockets there is no viable reason for you not being able to use it in a lower school. You can use a higher tiered tool,cargo disc, but not cargo armor. As an adventurer it makes a bit more sense in that class restrictions play a role in what you can and cannot wear. However as a crafter all crafts use the identical armor at a comparable level. My present aromor may not be tech'd for a new school and that does not bother me. Having to hold on to flax,kenaf,cotton
    ,silk does.

5) Crafter class levelling is skewed. Some crafts are very easy to level to get to the tier you require. Others can be tedious. All crafts should have at least one option to make and deconstruct. I spent 4 days getting from glowing construction units to where I could work brights with some degree of efficiency, making and deleting (or selling) glowing construction spheres/sources or purified orbs. I took my carpenter from elm to maple in less then a day to reach the same efficiency level.

6) Is there any way to warnus ifwe are about to overburdenourselves when making constructs? It is a real pain to finally get a load of maple or Brights and find yourself rooted and having to delete a percentage of your hard earned resources. Even a pop up saying "You do not have the room to do that" would be nice.

7) I havent actively played my dragon lately so do not know and will not comment on whether or not the amount he can carry has been increased to be comparable to what a biped can carry. Having wings to fly is useless if you are grounded pulling a disc. Maybe some active dragons can comment here.

That is all for now. Just some areas that I think should at least be looked at and discussed to make life a bit easier and less frustrating. After we finish building and I get back to adventuring I will comment on that so nobody feels jilted! [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Default Re: About Crafting---Things That Bug Me

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle

7) I havent actively played my dragon lately so do not know and will not comment on whether or not the amount he can carry has been increased to be comparable to what a biped can carry. Having wings to fly is useless if you are grounded pulling a disc. Maybe some active dragons can comment here.
    A level 100 dragon with all dragon capacity quests completed and a marble scalepack has 4500 cargo capacity. Not sure how this stacks up to a biped. Probably less than a biped in full tier V cargo gear, but certainly much better than before. And unlike a biped, a dragon gets that capacity even in combat gear.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

maybe they should make "demilitarized zone", where no mobs are around and plentyful of resources for all.

stuff the vault before shrinkage made easy.

Oh I do not mind the guards around the resources. What I do mind is when they spawn in all at once and you find yourself suddenly surrounded by Tier 4 Mobs. They have a tendancy to leave nasty bruises. At least before you could see where the guards were and plan your harvesting accordingly.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

dynamic spawn = heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    6) Is there any way to warnus ifwe are about to overburdenourselves when making constructs? It is a real pain to finally get a load of maple or Brights and find yourself rooted and having to delete a percentage of your hard earned resources. Even a pop up saying "You do not have the room to do that" would be nice.
    That would be a very good idea!
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

The new spawns are deadly in resource areas if you are not paying attention. I like them.

There is a ton of silk around, numerous fields. The main field is a bit heavily populated if you ask me.

The wisp despawn problem needs to be addressed, they've helped a bit with the essence nodes, but its not really enough for alchemists.

Cargo armor I love and hate. It would be unfair to have full tV teched cargo gear as a level 1 anything and just power your way up. But, imo, ironsilk is just about the most useless cargo gear in the game. You can only use it for a couple levels fully, other than mass muling there isn't a point.

Crafting classes are pretty good, imo... Enchanter blows but the rest seem pretty balanced.

The overburdening by creating the first type of construction material is annoying. They really just should weigh less.

A biped in tV cargo carries 4770, dragon 4500.

Thread Information