Thread: Talk to the Team: Sorcerer

Threaded View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I agree (partially) with Hallucin here. Area spellbind should not be made into a stun-like thing that fades after a couple hits.

Spellbind, however...I wouldn't mind as much, but would rather it remain the same as it always has. Perhaps it could become a Lesser Spellbind type thing when someone was not in the sorc school but had it mastered and become a stun that went poof after 3 or so hits, but remain a 1 minute crowd control ability only when in the sorcerer school?
    I don't agree with the proposed changes to Spellbind and Area Spellbind. Those are critical, core abilities a Sorceror has to help with crowd control, it is easier to manage massive crowds of enemies and assist your allies when the enemies can't move period.

To illustrate, a group of adventurers and I battled against a greater blight anchor that was ruthlessly spawning tons of enemies that would have very quickly overwhelmed us all in a matter of seconds, had my spellbind and area spellbind only been stuns that lasted for a couple seconds. The abilities, as they are now, are absolutely critical to continue as they are, untouched. After all, a Sorceror, by the lore in the description of the school can 'control their enemies like puppets on a string'. Being able to control their mind to make them unable to act until you desire to let them act follows in suit with that. Stuns, on the other paw... just momentarily stop them. In that regard, please leave spellbind and area spellbind as they are. On another note, changing spellbind and area spellbind into stuns would also, more or less make the Sorceror mirror Wizard to a degree, which has many abilities that stun the enemies and specializes in stunning. Manipulating a creature's mind to render them unable to act until you release them makes far more sense to leave as a Sorceror's responsibility.
    Last edited by Litarath; February 25th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thread Information