Thread: Signposts

Default Signposts

I borrowed this post from the Lair/Plot Planner thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    Given that there are mods that let you explore lairs that are unfinished... there is no "privacy" there either. It might not be a planner-view (but then, anyone double-clicking on a lair entrance can see exactly what you plan to build anyway, and if they want they can also very patiently click through the list and watch where the column of light appears to get a rough idea of where everything is).

I'd very much like a "show map" option in the lair planner that will let non-owners see (but not edit) the planning screen (oh, and text labels on the objects'd be cool too, thanks). That way, the ones who want to keep their not-yet-built lairs private (from anyone who doesn't have the unfinished-chambers mod) can do so - and anyone who'd like everyone to know that the smelter's on the left, and that there's a silo just off it that's public can say "look at the map."
    because it touches a thing about lairs that I find very irritating.

Not knowing where to go!

They are labyrinths!

So,
    could we get buildable signposts? With scaleforge this way, smelter that way?
    Last edited by Sigi; August 3rd, 2011 at 12:36 PM.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: Signposts

lol Sigi (lol because I had to read twice before I understood^^)

I sign your post!!

our biped friends always go mad, when we tell them:" Hey, you have access-go and get from our lair "

"uuhhm-
    no thy , Flame- I just decided to train my crafter, and make it myself"
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Negative, this is not possible. Would be furniture basically.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    hmmm, how about corridor rooms with renamable signposts then?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Or perhaps some endcaps with something similer, perhaps "Storage" and "Crafting" as general arrows and specific room arrows as well. Only useful for folk with lots of endcaps, but still might be handy.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I've made my lairs to have endcaps in case we ever gets signs
    So far, the "treasury" end cap is useful for "vault this way"
    and the scale thing, we do have a right arrow.

They don't have to SAY "This is smelter" but some creative art that implies that "a smelter is this way" would be nice.

I just don't know what to do with the screencapped caps TBH.

I guess it depends on how a lair is built. if someone gets lost in my lair they have serious issues.

I think the same way (BH's not withstanding) but there's always someone that gets lost in my all too linear lairs (Where's a laugh smiley when you need one?)

you have wall decorations, why not make it a Stoneworking sign with an arrow under it instead of a sign? Would bring people to add that more than regular tunnels...
    Spiderwebs, the Sleeper, I'm sure you Dragons out there know about them... Would not be that hard to make one with a slab of stone and an arrow under it, or a piece of ore with an arrow, and you can just have control of the arrow, or have four options to pick from in the list (Up, Down, Left, Right)

Spice it up during winter/easter with lights :3 or spiderwebs for halloween on the sides.. idk I'm making this along as I go :P
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Thread Information