Thread: The Tavern, Part 2

Default The Tavern, Part 2

The Dragon staggered into the Mithril Council tavern, and collapsed onto the floor.
    Dragon: *Hic* *Burp!*
    The tavernkeeper hopped nimbly aside to dodge the burst of flame that came with dragon's burp.
    The Dragon slurs: I'm drunk.
    Tavernkeeper: Really? I would not have known.
    The Tavernkeeper stands well to the side.
    The Dragon slurs: It wasn't my fault!
    The Tavernkeeper rolls his eyes, gets a 3 and a 5 and puts them back in. "A likely story", he says.
    The Dragon belches and mumbles: It was the guy in Aughundell...All his fault...
    The Tavermkeeper pulls up a stool and sits down with a bowl of Appetizer: Clam Chowder. "It's my break, so what happened?"

The Dragon starts off semi-coherently: This guy... near the vault... lost his... he lost his bottlecap collection.
    The dragon roars with laughter as though this is incredibly funny.
    The Dragon recovers and continues: He wanted me to go get him more bottlecaps. Can ya believe that? It was so funny I told him I would... and that's where the trouble began...

The Dragon gets a serious look on it's face, as much as a drunk Dragon can manage anyway, and he continues his tale...
    Dragon: He sent me to a place called the Bitter Pickle. A seedy place not far past the cotton fields. I wandered over to have a look, and a Whisky Golem said "Have a drink". I think he hit me with it because the next thing I knew, I was inebriated, distracted, and there were all manner of things trying to roll me for my hoard. It was terrible I tell ya. Me, a powerful dragon and I didn't even know which way to swing my tail, my spells going off in the heavens like fireworks, rather than hitting these two-bit thieves. This collector sure didn't tell me it was that kind of place!

Tavernkeeper: Oh my, How ever did you manage to get away?
    Dragon: Well, as you might imagine I was cussin real loud, and I think someone up working on the iron heard me, and got hold of some of my friends, cause a whole group of them showed up and put those bums in their place. Still, we barely escaped, and here I am.
    Tavernkeeper: Quite a tale. Could I interest you in some Appetizer: Spicy Fish Stew?
    The Dragon lets the Tavernkeep know what it thinks of that.
    Tavernkeeper: Oh, my boots! [on PA] Cleanup in aisle 7...

Meanwhile, on a little knoll on the island of New Trismus, a small group of Confectioners gather looking down upon a herd of cows...

1st Confectioner: Alright, cooks, let's milk them!
    2nd Confectioner: Wait! I say we kill and butcher them. I need meat.
    3rd Confectioner looks at his boots. "I could use some leather."
    4th Confectioner: We can have our cake and eat it too. *points at the 1st* You, will milk the cow. I will kill it, *points at the 3rd* You will flay the skin for leather, *points to the 2nd* and you will claim the meat. Since I gain nothing for killing it, you can share your spoils with me.
    They all quickly agree. They raise their tools high in the air, bringing them together with a metallic clang.
    1st Confectioner: For Parsley!
    2nd: Sage
    3rd: Rosemary
    4th: Thyme!
    The group charged down the hill and leaped over the fence laying waste to the cattle therein. The Rancher, upon seeing this, yelled "I must fetch Elenna! " and off he dashed. Soon, the deed was done, and one of the Confectioners remarked, "Next, the sheep..." The group wandered off into the woods clutching their full sacks...

Meanwhile, back at the Tavern, a group of concerned patrons have managed to move the passed out dragon such that his snoring is keeping the fireplace well lit, and the Tavern is safe from accidental harm.
    A dwarf comes in, towing Knut's Floating Tavern.
    Dwarf: Mr. Knut said you were runnin a bit low, and sent me over with a delivery. If you'll just sign here, I'll drop them off.
    The Tavenkeeper signs for the delivery.
    Tavernkeeper: [To Dwarf] Thank you, and thank Mr. Knut kindly for me please?
    Dwarf: Which one?
    Tavernkeeper: What do you mean?
    Dwarf: Which Knut? They're twins.
    The Tavernkeeper stammers: Oh, well, both I would guess.
    Dwarf: Very well, then.
    The dwarf ambles out through the door with a cheerful wave.
    Tavernkeeper [mostly to himself] I never knew...
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Default Re: The Tavern, Part 2

(a little office somewhere in Germany:
    boss: " Mrs. Lov, I`m talking to you"
    Lov: "here, yes Ma`am, I `m listening"
    boss: " what did you read? You seemed to be absorbed"
    Lov: "nothing special, just the local news"
    boss: " will you pls read it to me? Maybe it makes me smile too."

Mrs. Lov is in trouble.. )

Can`t get enough of it. Write a book?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

*giggles* Keep 'em coming
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

<3 & lol :-)

Thread Information