Thread: Special Forum Rules

Default Special Forum Rules

In order to keep bug reports on the forums more streamlined and have one place where both players and developers can view the status on current bug reports, the rules for this particular section of the forums have changed.

Anyone may reply to an open thread on this forum. Usually this will be the "Game Bugs" thread or the "Spawn Issues" thread.

But in order to start a new topic on this forum you must have at least Moderator level access.

We'll do our best to keep the "Game Bugs" thread up to date with current bug reports and the status of having them fixed.

Default Re: Special Forum Rules

I'd like to toss my 2cp into the ring and say this is a really bad idea. There are many times that things get lost in the big bug thread. As well as many bugs that multiple people have problems with, and as we are not supposed to be commenting/adding notes to bugs posted in the big bug thread, there will be no way for the commuity to lend their support/information to the bigger bugs that crop up. Strikes me that there is no reason to have a Game Bugs section if noone is allowed to post to it. Might as well toss the big bug thread in the General and be done with it.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

If you're adding further information to a previously reported bug, then of course you can post. But by having one place for forum bug reports to go into, everyone can keep track of the status current bugs much easier.

And you are of course both welcome to post and allowed to post... we just want to try for a time to see what happens if we keep all the bug reports to a single thread. It's actually less likely to "get lost" if every post in the current bugs thread is one that either Amon or I are reviewing, fixing, or making an internal note on, than if we have to review multiple threads that may move off the page, for example.

If it doesn't work out, can always go back.

I realize I'm not a favorite around here, or at least it appears
    that my posts about bugs get ignored. But the point that
    Walkerglassmire (SiLang) is making is valid. I posted the
    following:

July 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Andaras - Member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Order - Small Flame Beetles MIA / AWOL

I've been hunting and unable to locate the Small Flame Beetles
    outside of Dralk for the last 3 days. I've made multiple runs
    around the entire area, killing as I go to respawn - still no
    Small Flames.
    -----------------------

It was never responded to. Nor did I find a previous mention
    that they were reported in the spawn thread.
    I _did_ notice that the bugs were returned in the new Blight patch 209.

However, SiLang's point is that things get lost in the "big" thread
    and never get responded to, like mine.

Myself, I'm not gonna bother to report things anymore.

Under the new bug thread rules, is it permissible to repost to an open current (new) bugs thread any post from a closed bug thread to which no response has been given and no newer patch notes address?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    If you're adding further information to a previously reported bug, then of course you can post. But by having one place for forum bug reports to go into, everyone can keep track of the status current bugs much easier.

And you are of course both welcome to post and allowed to post... we just want to try for a time to see what happens if we keep all the bug reports to a single thread. It's actually less likely to "get lost" if every post in the current bugs thread is one that either Amon or I are reviewing, fixing, or making an internal note on, than if we have to review multiple threads that may move off the page, for example.

If it doesn't work out, can always go back.
    I quote from the original incarnation of the Game Bugs thread: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...11&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Please use this thread to document bugs you find in the game. Please keep posts to bugs, not comments on bugs. (emphasis added) Feedback from the team will be noted in red within your post.

Thank you.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

This change was never intended to cause people to feel in any way that they could not submit bug reports.

It was intended completely so that reports that are made are not lost, so that everything is more streamlined.

I sincerely apologize that it has caused some of you such upset. Permissions for this forum have been set back such that anyone may start new threads.

Thread Information