Thread: Epic Hunting

Default Epic Hunting

Devs, please consider adjusting the respawn timers on SoG, Valkor, & Reklar downwards again. I can certainly understand that the old timer of 20 minutes may have been too short, but 2 hours has taken a lot of the fun out of epic hunting lately. The 2-hour timer makes it quite easy for a small group of players to effectively "corner the market" on epic bosses if they are so inclined. I can't imagine anything that reduces the enjoyment of players is good for the game at this point .... Many of us see epic hunts as one of the few remaining challenges, even if we aren't desperate for loot drops from the bosses. Thanks for taking time to consider this request .

Default Re: Epic Hunting

Did you ever concider not beating them too hard ? You scare them and they don't want to spawn after. They wait till you get bored and leave. Then you go back and they go all " OMG...NOT HIM AGAIN ! " XD

Quote Originally Posted by Khalon View Post
    Devs, please consider adjusting the respawn timers on SoG, Valkor, & Reklar downwards again. I can certainly understand that the old timer of 20 minutes may have been too short, but 2 hours has taken a lot of the fun out of epic hunting lately. The 2-hour timer makes it quite easy for a small group of players to effectively "corner the market" on epic bosses if they are so inclined. I can't imagine anything that reduces the enjoyment of players is good for the game at this point .... Many of us see epic hunts as one of the few remaining challenges, even if we aren't desperate for loot drops from the bosses. Thanks for taking time to consider this request .
    I support that. I think its very important esp. for the Order players.
    The new respawn timers only had the effect that there are no epic Sundays on
    Order anymore. Pls devs consider the time zones too:
    It makes no sense to wait for the epics to respawn, if half of the group has to go to bed/to work etc .when the bosses return
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I am with Lovwyrm and Khalon there. I'd also add some facts :

- the epic bosses don't drop weapon/armor pieces each time they fall,
    - considering the required number of players (we have rarely enough people),
    - the different timezone issues (the players haven't all enough time to wait for the respawn),
    - a group of, for example, 5 players, looking for a weapon made of 6 different pieces, would need to get 30 of these pieces for each of these players to have the complete set,
    - each of these bosses have several types of item sets,
    - the probability of each of these 6 pieces to drop, 1/6th, meaning we can see drop a piece we have already...

I have got a piece of Valkor blood sword (not really useful for a dragon) a while ago, but found nobody to trade it with another epic item's piece, on this forum as well as in game. I think all of this makes the hope of a player to get, one day, a thing like Reklar's tail scale or Valkor's blood claw, on Order Shard more than on Chaos shard, almost a pure dream.

I agree. Order`s population`s almost completely lacking of high level players now. and the few that remain are all different time zones. I`ve found when I get online. late nights, that only 1 or 2 level 100+ are on, and no one wants to do any epic hunts.
    but 2 hours respawn time Yeesh!!
    can we shorten it to say 45 minutes? still pretty long, but far more managable xD

I believe Amon was considering implementing some sort of "treasure token" drop from the epic bosses at one point. It sounded like a pretty cool idea, although I don't recall exactly where the thread was . If the 2 hour timer was put in place as the first part of that change, I think most of the higher level hunters would appreciate going back to a shorter timer until the rest of that package is ready to go.

In my experience with the short respawn timer, you'd see several guilds/groups going after SoG, Valkor, etc on a typical Saturday or Sunday, with each group getting in 2-4 kills and then going on to do something else.... Now with the 2 hour respawn, I've been part of a couple groups who went looking for a boss, then gave up when he was a no-show for 30 minutes or so, and no one was talking about having killed him earlier. That's very frustrating to me, and I am mostly along just for the fun on everyone other than Valkor-- I can only imagine how frustrating it is for a player with his or her first level 100 character out to get a particular SoG weapon .

Timers have been decreased. Its not 20 minutes, but its not as high as 4 hours any longer.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Amon
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information