Thread: The Tavern, Part 4

Default The Tavern, Part 4

The scene opens in the Mithril Council Crafting Center's Confectioner's Shop, in beautiful cliffside Tobrez. Our four confectioners are gathered round the cooking table speaking in hushed tones.

1st Confectioner: Now you all know, we are the Confectioner's Society of Istaria. Few know of us, except those inducted into our organization.
    2nd Confectioner: So, we're a secret society.
    3rd Confectioner: Do we have secrets?
    4th Confectioner: Pass me the garlic powder please...

1st: [to Third] We did, until one of out members posted our secret leveling guide on the Mithril Council Guild's Forum. That's beside the point and there's no point crying over spilled milk. Now listen up. We'll all depart here, one at a time, and meet in Feladan in an hour's time.
    The 1st Confectioner points at the Fourth. "That will give you time to finish the Appetizer: Potato Skins you're making, and meet up with us. We're on a Quest!"
    3rd Confectioner: I love quests!
    2nd Confectioner: I don't.
    1st Confectioner: Then let us be about our mission!
    The four confectioners raise their tools and bring them together with a metallic clang, except for the socketed yew baking spatula whose cog pops out and falls on the floor with a tink tink tink sound as it bounces under the table.
    The curtain closes and reopens at The Tavern.

The Tavernkeeper greets an Elf, who is closely followed by a Dragon, in a rather muffled voice.
    Tavernkeeper: Welcome to the Mithril Council Tavern. May I take your order?
    Elf: That's quite a head cold you have, hope it gets well soon.
    Tavernkeeper: Actually, I think the Appetizer: Baked Potato that I ate had too much pepper. Rather inflamed my sinuses.
    Elf: A shame... Nonetheless, I would like a coke, and my Dragon friend here would like a vat of coffee.
    Tavernkeeper: For those, please step to Marynah's plot next door, where you will find those items. Our tavern is small, and cannot support the larger vats, and someone around here has hidden our supply of coke for some reason. There should be plenty there though. The Elf and the Dragon depart, glancing at a Dryad hovering above a seat at a nearby table.

Dryad: Tavernkeeper!
    The Tavernkeeper comes over and the Dryad selects Appetizer: Potato Soup. The soup almost magically appears in the Tavernkeeper's hands, and he sets it on the table.
    Tavernkeeper: There you are, fair lady.
    The Dryad spoons up a piece of potato, with some broth and partakes.
    Dryad: I'm full, can I have the rest of this to go? This will feed four households, thank you.
    Tavernkeeper: As you wish...
    As the Taverkeeper pours the soup into an Adobe Cooking Bowl, the curtain closes, and opens again showing the four confectioners standing next to the Feladan Pad...

The 1st Confectioner beckons the others to follow out the gates and down the road. They stop at a fork.
    1st: This is the trail to the Blighted Grove.
    2nd: We're going in there?
    1st: No, we're going the the left of it and we'll circle around behind it.
    2nd: Will we attack from there?
    1st: No, we're cooks not killers.
    The 3rd cuts his eyes to the 4th, and mutters: Really? Have you tasted his cooking?
    2nd: I donwanna die!
    3rd: Then don't eat his cooking.
    4th: Oh hush and lets get on with it...

The 1st leads the others around to the left, and up the knoll, circling behind the grove. He motions ahead and they walk a little farther. With a flourish, the 1st confectioner points out a few plants growing in the grass.
    1st: These, my esteemed friends, are Rosemary.
    3rd: Are any of them babies? I always wanted to see Rosemary's Baby...
    The 2nd confectioner barely contains the urge to dope slap.
    1st: Each of you, gather a small amount and hide it in your pockets. You must carry it with you for the duration of the quest.
    The four confectioners each gather a small amount and hide it away.
    1st: OK, split up and meet in Dalimond. We have begun!
    The curtain closes and opens again in our Tavern, where a hatchie is carrying on in a loud voice...

Hatchie: But I want to fly *now*!
    Ancient Dragon: [To Hatchie] You are young, and to fly, you must be older, wiser, and have patience, qualities that you are lacking at this time. You must understand the earth and the winds...
    Hatchie But my 2 weeks are almost up! I want to fly now!
    Sslik Customer: This one thinks that one, a strong warrior will not be.
    Ancient Dragon: Very well, young hatchling, I shall teach you about one aspect of wind.
    The Ancient unleashes a blast of the fire onto the hatchling, who screams and runs outside, diving into a nearby well.
    The patrons of the Tavern applaud as the curtain closes. The curtain opens showing the fair city of Dalimond, where our confectioners are off to Julie's Balish's Confectionery.

1st: Julie! How nice to see you!
    Julie smiles seeing her favorite former students.
    Julie: It is good to see you as well.
    Julie sniffs the air... Is that... Rosemary I smell?
    The four confectioners pull out their prize herbs and wave it in the air. They are quickly returned to their pockets lest anyone else see.
    Julie: Yes, you have found it! I have some recipes, that I would be willing to give to you, if you would do me a little favor...
    The four confectioners nod their heads eagerly, eye's bright with anticipation.
    Julie leans close and whispers to the four confectioners.
    Julie: OK? Can you do that for me?
    1st: Of course we can!
    2nd: We're on a Quest!
    The 3rd points to two of the confectioners, and says: You two make some steel, we'll get the granite, and then we need....a dragon!
    Julie smiles at their enthusiasm, and as they raise their tools together in a metallic clang, she ducks to avoid getting clocked in the head. The hanging lamp is much less fortunate. Julie reaches for a broom as the four confectioners sprint towards the portal and the curtain closes.

A Saris comes onto our stage with a sign, inscribed in 12 languages, that reads "To Be Continued".
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Default Re: The Tavern, Part 4

*big smile* I love those guys^^

and I love the little but typical episodes with the dragons
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Good thing you didn't tell them where I stashed the coke! Rofl
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Wink Re: The Tavern, Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by Delite View Post
    Good thing you didn't tell them where I stashed the coke! Rofl
    Yep, your coke hiding had to be in there

Sometimes it is hard to write because I am laughing so hard.

Thread Information