Thread: Approaching RoP

Default Approaching RoP

Well, "approaching" might be too strong a word...trying to sneak up on it from behind may be closer to the truth!

Morinare is now at 35ADV/38CRA, and I plan on him being at Crafting 40 by the end of today (depending on when Order shard comes back from maintenance!).

Since I'm going Helian, with it's Spellcraft 450 requirement, and, with experience showing me that high melee skills are also important (even for us spellcasting types), my plan has always been to bring Mori up to 50/50 before I really got started on the RoP. Along with that was the desire to get the final hatchie scale (I've *heard* conflicting information about the level 50 hatchie scale, with some saying its stats can't be equaled for quite some time, while others say it isn't worth the effort...any comments??).

At the moment, thanks to a happy find on the NT Consigner, as well as a few very generous adults and ancients, I've got a good set of granite scales waiting for me to hit level 40, including a couple (chest and head, if memory serves) teched for Spellcrafting; also, have a socketed Lapis Lazuli claw ready when I hit ADV38.

I *think* I'm fairly well-prepared, but, if any who have gone through the Helian RoP have any suggestions, I'd definitely appreciate them.

Other than getting some things "out of the way," is there any benefit or problem with doing a few early steps of the RoP? I believe I was told that I can still get that level 50 hatchie scale as long as I have not actually ascended to adult; can anyone confirm that?

The only other thing I can think of that I need to prepare is a "group" of adults and ancients who'd be willing to assist a slightly impertinent hatchie with his RoP...I know several of you from Dragon Channel who would happily help, if they're in-game. I'm usually in-game during the day (East Coast US time), but, can arrange to be here in the evenings and/or weekends, if that's the best time to find Elders in-game.

Lastly, I do have a copy of the Helian RoP Walk-Through, from the Crimson Dawn site, although there is the caveat that it's out-of-date.

So, is there anything more I need do to prepare myself?

Thanks!
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Default Re: Approaching RoP

While it's possible to do the rites at 30, I'd really recommend getting to 50 unless you're desperately wanting to start! The helian RoP requires you to kill a fair few 50+ mobs for items (if it's not changed!) and some might be difficult to down at 40. You'll be able to do many chunks of the RoP alone at that level too- handy when there's no one online to help! I've no experience with the scales, however. Snaffled my way to 50 on a hatchling and completely forgot about them.

The main thing is really being able to take a few more hits from the 100+ rating undead you'll need to plow through- and during the final fight! Selenia dishes out a fair amount of damage to lowbies and it's a pain to run back after a death!

And a single 80+ character is usually enough for the rites! The additional resurrections from ancients are extremely handy though and a few more folk'll make the last few fights all that more easier.

While it's not necessary, a set of speed scales will be handy! There's an awful lot of running around and they might help you flee from the awful mobs littering the path you need to run. Might be able to make you a few if you're after some!

Even so, you'll likely be fine at 40 (after all, most rush it at 30!)- but getting to 50 makes things a bit more easier!

(Also happy to help with any step whenever I'm online! Haven't done the Helian rites for several years, but roughly remember what to do! Been dragging poor Ivanov around during his rites. :O)
    Last edited by Sigvard; August 30th, 2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Typo!

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

Quote Originally Posted by Morinare_Blackclaw View Post
    Other than getting some things "out of the way," is there any benefit or problem with doing a few early steps of the RoP? I believe I was told that I can still get that level 50 hatchie scale as long as I have not actually ascended to adult; can anyone confirm that?
    I have heard that the RoP quest will conflict with any other dragon-related quest, including the level 50 scales quests and ability quests. All I've got to back that up is old hearsay, but you may want to get all the other quests out of the way beforehand to be on the safe side.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It is indeed advised to train at least to lvl 50 in order to get the scales, but you'll still find people to help you if you want to do the RoP earlier. You'll just need stronger players, as you won't be able to fight the though mobs and make the higher levelled crafted items. The choice is up to you
    Last edited by LungTien Temeraire; August 30th, 2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I have heard that the RoP quest will conflict with any other dragon-related quest, including the level 50 scales quests and ability quests. All I've got to back that up is old hearsay, but you may want to get all the other quests out of the way beforehand to be on the safe side.

I started the RoP quest, I am now at the part that you have to kill Kaa (which is really early in the whole questline and sadly, i think due to the revamp you can't do the differrent thing simultanious anymore - if I'm wrong and you still can do so, please enlighten me )
    But I still can do the other dragon quests. The scale one I don't know, did that before I started RoP.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

the hatchie scales are real nice ones- go for them (it should be possible that you get lunus as well as helian scale).

I would advise to get craft and adv near 50 before you start. For already said reasons, and because it might be easier for you to find players who help.
    I also recommend to play as much quests as possible.

If you need anything on your way to RoP or while playing it-
    let me know.
    I gladly will assist you
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Wow, appreciate all the replies and suggestions, as well as offers of help!

Got myself up to Crafting 40 last night. allowing me to set aside my slate scales and try the granite ones on for size...going to have to build up my cash reserves to get all the Tier III techs I want, now!

I do still plan on going to 50/50 before beginning anything; I want to be able to devote all of my attention to the RoP, and, I'd like to be able to be as much of a participant as is possible...still going to ask for adult and ancients for help, though, both because it's obvious I'll need it, and, I just think this sort of thing is better with a group...more fun...

Thanks, again, for the replies....and, a special thank you to the several generous dragons who've freely given various things to me....allowed me to pass along my teched slate quarrying scales to a Guild-Mate, and, hope they help her as much as they helped me!

It's seemed to be forever since the last post...only a week?

Morinare finally reached Adventure level 40 last night, thanks to some very accommodating Tremendous Sand Beetles, and he's nearly at Crafting 45.

I'll be starting my level 40 Adventure quests this morning and then grinding whatever critters I can to the rest of the way to 50...all the while spending some quality time in the slate fields, scale-grinding my way to Craft 50.

Not to get *too* far ahead of myself, but, as this RoP approaches, I'll be asking for more and more help...I'm usually in-game during the morning and early-afternoons, East Coast US time, although I can quite easily show up at night, as well....so, I'm hopeful that, once the RoP begins, I'll find some adults and ancients around and willing to help.

Thanks, again, to all who have helped, in any way, so far....the Community is strong and so very supportive!

I'll help in whatever way I can Mor. Just send me a tell.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

So, here we are, a bit over a week since my last post, and Morinare is in that "mid-range rut," seemingly stuck at Adventure 44.5 (Crafting is now at 46).

The plan is still to achieve levels 50/50, hopefully sometime in the coming week; after that, the Tempered Scales, and, *then* begin the Rites.

I've had more offers of assistance than I ever thought I'd have, and, I am humbled and very thankful for all of them! I gained a bit of experience with an RoP the other day, as I accompanied a Guild-Mate on a portion of his Lunus Rites...and, that's lead me to wonder if there's any "equipment" I should try to get before I begin my own Rites.

Presently, I'm using a Citrine claw with two sockets; unfortunately, I really don't have "good" crystals to stuff in 'em...assuming it's still maggots that drop higher-level crystals, can anyone point me in the right direction to find some?

As for Scales, it's a mixed lot....here's my Combat set:

Socketed Steel-Granite Armor Chest Scale of Ferocity
    +30 Armor, +15 Armor, +35 Focus, +15 T/C
    Steel-Granite Armor Wing Scale of Ferocity
    +30 Armor, +15 Armor, +15 Strength, +15 T/C
    Granite Power Head Scale of Spellcraft
    +30 Power, +15 Armor, +15 Focus, +12 Spellcraft
    Steel-Granite Armor Wing Scale of Speed
    +30 Armor, +15 Armor, +8 Speed, +8 Fly Speed
    Socketed Steel Dexterity Foreleg Scale
    +30 Dexterity, +15 Armor, +15 Dexterity, +10 Health, +10 T/C

On the Crafting side, in addition to the above-mentioned Head Scale, I have a Granite Power Chest Scale of Spellcraft, with +30 Power, +15 Armor, +15 Focus and +12 Spellcraft.

Of course, I'll also have the Level 50 Helian Tempered Scale, with whatever stats *it* has (no clue)...whether it'll be "better" than my current, dunno. Would it be worth trying to find (have someone make, more likely) a Head and Foreleg Scale of Ferocity (if such things exist)? And, while my Spellcraft is above the required 450, would it be a good idea to try to find additional Spellcraft scales?

Any other suggestions, bits of advice?

Thread Information