Thread: New To Istaria

Default New To Istaria

hey all, been searching for a sandbox mmo for a while not since the recent announcement of the shutdown my game i have played for over 5 years, SWG it was a great game and my friends and i were just about to make our grand guild and city on the new server when the news hit, so have been looking for a good open ended sandbox mmo, and there are not many out there, but i found Istaria and thought it sounded cool so i looked up some reviews and some videos and am giving it a try, i am downloading it as we speak. any tips or hints would be awesome, also one question we role play quite alot but not all the time, what server would be best for us? we tend to rp by ourselves and in our city, but not 24/7.

Default Re: New To Istaria

Hello, Arrioa, welcome on Istaria. Your friends would be welcomed here as well
    Feel free to ask here or in game if you need any help. About roleplay, you can do it when you want and where you want, as it suits you. Order shard has less players than Chaos, but more roleplay. You can have a look on this RP guide here, if you want to look a bit how we usually do RP on Order shard.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24334

i picked the free to play, not the 14 day for now, it says only one character is that per server? or over all or can i only create on one server, thanks

With a Free account, you may only have one human character on your entire account, not one on each server. That said, welcome to the game.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

alright, thanks

So SWG is finally shutting down? We had a hell of a community over there back before the Combat Up(down)grade. I left about 4 months after that and found Horizons (2006). Sony screwing up a perfectly good game is what brought me here, and I thank em daily
    "No matter where you go...there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai

welcome to our wonderful world, Arrio.

Feel free to ask questions as well as ask for help if needed.
    And join our numerous chat channels to find us

If you have a payed account, you can buy a guild town for you and your friends and build it up together (there are other benefits too, like the choice among all Istarian races for your char).
    Just take a look at the guild towns on your shard, and find out.

see you ingame

happy gaming
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

*serves Arrio a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Wellcome to probably the best MMORPG
    One general tip: do all the quests you are offered, it would pay off. As one wise suggestion says - before choosing any adventure (i.e. combat) school, take some time to become cleric and learn some basic healing spells. It would pay off too.
    For roleplay you should choose Order server as it is intended for rp.
    Should you have any questions or need for weapons - feel free to contact my character, Nakties Karys, at Order.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay at Istaria.~
    53//40//2 of Chaos.

Welcome to Istaria.

Thread Information