Thread: The Half-Dragon's Reminiscence

Default The Half-Dragon's Reminiscence

~The writing is messy, though legible, as if writen by a hand unused to writing~

A journal, something I never would've thought of keeping before. That is to say before the recent changes that have been thrust upon me.

Perhaps I should start at the beginning.
    I grew up the child of Nasher Berothane, a hunter who lived in the forest on a uncharted island with his wife, my mother, Tilandrae. The forest is thick with game to hunt and many types of plant life, they lived simple lives not needing or wanting for more then they had. My father created a small clearing deep withing the forest and an underground house. ~the ink is splotched in spots as if by droplets of water~ I was born a few months later, much to my mother's dismay as she died in childbirth. My father raised me well though and got help from the people in the small town on the island. I was, unique, since the moment I was born. I have purple dragon eyes and a dragon's forked tongue also I've always been able to see in the dark through what I am assuming is heat vision. I should point out that my father also had these features as well as claws and dark blue scales instead of skin. Around my tenth year my father died in a hunting accident at the age of 32. I lost track of time after that, becoming "feral", I think I followed a pack of wolves after that, picking off their leftovers once they had left and eating berries and mushrooms in the forest.

At the writing of this journal I think myself to be 34, but as I had lost track of time I could be older or younger. At some point I died and found myself in the town on the island. Gave the townsfolk a good scare I bet. A grown man acting like a feral creature just appearing in town from nowhere. They pacified me and caged me until I had returned to myself some months later. They say that while I was caged I acted like a scared and confused animal, and that keeping me clothed was a daily battle. I still feel a little strange wearing clothes but at least for the sake of others I wear them. As soon as I was able I left the town, even once they let me out of the cage it still felt too ~there's a large blotch here as if the quill were held in-place for too long~ enclosed. I went back to the clearing my father made, part of the house had caved in but I managed to repair a large portion of it. I've reinforced it's walls and turned it into more of a vault then a home, that is fine though as I don't plan on sleeping inside unless weather dictates such actions.

That brings us to now, since I now know myself to be one of the gifted I want to do something with my life besides just surviving. I've heard of a place called New Trismus, where most new gifted go to start training, I shall travel there once I am able.

Default The Half-Dragon's Reminiscence (entry #2)

~The writing has improved greatly since the last entry but it still has some messy spots also the page seems to be torn in various places~

It's been a month since I last wrote, things have been interesting to say the least, I have grown claws on both my hands and feet. it hurt quite a bit when the bone first began to stick out of the tips of my appendages. The warrior trainer found it amusing and commented "At least I won't have to worry about you if you get disarmed". I am learning the basic schools slowly. The trainers have kept me busy but that gnome really bugs me! If I wasn't so intent on learning magic I think I may have tried to strangle him on more then one occasion.

I was feeling a bit homesick today so I decided to explore the world. I found a forest that reminded me of home and so I wandered it's depths and found a clearing. The clearing shows signs of activity by all sorts of naka-duskael and even dragons. I'll have to return here again another time.

Default Re: The Half-Dragon's Reminiscence (entry #2)

~The writing has remained the same and the marring of the page has stopped~
    Training has been intense lately and I'm starting to be able to kill some of the aegis on the island of New Trismus.
    I returned to the clearing yesterday and met quite a few people. A human boy named Cole, I'm guessing he's gifted as well or he's risking his life for some reason. An elf, or at least I think he's an elf, he has horns and rather pale skin and I think I saw the shadows swirling around his form, he said to call him Mint. There was also a massive dark blue dragon with bright blue stripes, an ancient perhaps? After some effort I managed to get a name, she is called Saphire. I get the feeling she doesn't like humans.

Default Re: The Half-Dragon's Reminiscence

~The edges of all the pages are now burnt and this page has smudges of ash where the writers hand rested~

Today was interesting, I went to the clearing and greeted Saphire in keir'chet. I did it out of respect but she took great offense to it. She began to berate me with heated words, telling me I had no right to speak keir'chet. Well excuse me for having being taught it at an early age! Regardless as I went to leave the clearing she launched a fireball at me! I was able to avoid the main blast by tossing my pack in it's path, igniting it before it had reached me. it was still close enough though to send me flying into a tree, boy did that hurt! I retrieved what few things survived the blast and quickly left after that. I'm glad I coated this journal in fire retardant, only the edges suffered any damage before I could snuff the embers.

~The hand writing is shaky in spots as if the writer were shaking with excitement~

It's been a while since I last wrote, and equally long since I visited the clearing. I did go today though, hoping that Saphire would just ignore me or not be there. Sure enough she wasn't there however two other dragons were, I avoided keir'chet greetings this time. The first is a dragoness by the name Shaol, She seems to be consumed in her quest to exact revenge on people that have wronged her in her past. She also seems obsessed with uniting or destroying the two dragon factions, Lunus and Helius, as well as uniting all the races together. I think they're about as united as they'll ever be, however I have agreed to join her cause, as unreachable as the goal sounds it should be an interesting fight when it comes down to it. The second dragon is called Nega, he and Shaol exchanged friendly blows, in a test of strength and endurance. She proclaims herself to be the best at the tooth and claw style that dragons use to fight, I don't know if it's just boasting or truth but she left one heck of a scar on Nega's face, nor did she flinch at Nega's blow even though it left a huge gash on her leg. This leads to the other reason I've decided to join her, I want to become stronger!

Vrara Meranne!
    (Forever Ascend)

~This time the writing has become almost elegant, the writer must have been in a good mood~

I've met another Dragoness today, this one much more pleasant then the last two. Her name is Jane, I've seen her a few times prior in the clearing but never actually met her before. I'm not sure how, but we ended up exchanging stories of our pasts, of loved ones lost and times of torment. I feel happy when I am near her, not sure why yet.

~The writing is clear but in spots it looks like the quill slipped from the writers grip causing lines to streak back through parts of the writing~

Tried climbing trees with my claws today, it worked rather well, I don't even need to use banches to pull myself up I just dig in with my claws. Cole, though he didn't show it, I think was furious at the fact I could climb with such ease now.
    Later in the day I decided to go for a swim, while I was in the water pain shot through my entire lower body. Once the nearly paralyzing pain subsided I found out why, my legs have become like those of a khutit! Also my skin has taken on a more scaled texture, I imagine within the next few days scales will be fully formed and replace my skin, much like that of my father. Walking on my new legs is slow and unsteady, I need to practice, it feels strange having to learn to walk again. At least I am in a forest, I can use the trees to steady myself.

~The writing attemps elegance again but the quill still slipped from the writer's hand a few times~

As suspected, scales have formed over the entirety of my body, they are colored a deep purple. My walking has improved greatly, although I still feel off balance, especially when I am standing still.
    I sat in the clearing with Jane and some others today and decided to make some carvings. I had made one of Saphire yesterday and gave it to Mint since they seem to be close friends. This time I made one of Jane, for myself, and attempted to carve one of Jane's hatchling to give her. I must have done a really good job because when I gave it to her she cried a little and said it looked almost exactly like her. I think I'll return to my home tomorrow, just to check on things and store some treasures that I've found, or made, since I left.

~The writing is similar to the prior page, but the quill only slipped once this time~

I slept in the clearing last night and told Jane I was going back to my island for a while. I invited her to come if she wanted, she accepted and offered to fly me there! Had I not dreaded the thought of the 2 day boat trip in a dinky little skiff I might've declined such an offer. I'm glad I accepted because at the speed she flew we were there in a matter of hours! Even though I can't fly myself, it felt amazing soaring through the air. Some of the townsfolk were on the beach when we arrived and became panicked at the sight of dragon visiting their shores. I asked Jane to land and I went over and calmed them, while getting bombarded by questions of my changes. Once the crowd dissipated I led Jane to my clearing in the forest and we stayed for a couple days enjoying the tranquility and plentiful game. Also it seems I can no longer stomach cooked meat, I never knew it could taste so good raw though! I guess this is what I ate like back then, when I was feral. I don't remember much from then though.

~The writing has become naturally elegant, and the form is clean and crisp~

Jane took me to a very curious candy shoppe today, they sell candies of a most unique nature, they can change the appearance of the eater! Of course I didn't know this till Jane had shoved one of the candies into my mouth and turned me into a squirrel! The change was painless and Jane says she designed the recipe for them herself and sold the smaller, safe ones to this candy maker. There are more that only she can make, for now though I'll just stick with the squirrel and bird candies though. Maybe I can taste the freedom of flight with the bird ones! I would definitely enjoy that, even if it is only for an hour, Jane has mentioned that's as long as they normally last.

~The writing is simple in this entry~

Bad news, I went to the clearing and met a hatchling named Crimson, he has told me that he thinks Saphire has been captured and that Mint, who the hatchling calls "daddy" (most curious), has gone after her. Crimson either doesn't know or wont tell me where Saphire is being held and as such theres not much I can do besides hope the elf's plans work.

~The writing is simple and messy, as if written while running~

NOT GOOD! NOT AT ALL GOOD! A sslik came to the clearing today, I've seen him once before, goes by the name of Sscrin I think. He challenged myself and Cole to a two against one sparring match, we accepted. I don't know the boy's reasons but I did because he seemed strong I knew the boy would need the help, and thoughts of Shaol had entered my mind when I thought of fighting someone likely stronger then myself. Once the fight got into full swing the sslik began to change into some sort of blight maddened creature! The very ground where it stood becoming blighted as well as anything it touched. We were fortunate that Nega was there as he likely saved us, landing a severe blow on the creature as I had stunned it. It fled after that and left a trail of blight in it's path. Nega seemed ill after the fight, he doesn't respond well to blight it seems, and the boy was alive but rather badly beaten. I am, as of writing this, running to find druids to cleanse the clearing of this blight.

~The writing is simple and clearer then the last entry but still shaky in spots, as if the writer was moving but at a slower pace~

I have found druids capable of cleansing the clearing and we are returning to the clearing now. They have informed me that they do not know how much they will be able to cleanse until they get there. we are going to pick up pace I will write more later.
    ~The rest of the entry is written in elegant scrip again and no longer shaking~
    The druids cleansed the entirety of the clearing itself but the trail leading into the forest still remains. The had exhausted their abilities and left to go recuperate, informing me they would return later to finish the process.
    The creature returned later in the day, the druids hadn't returned yet, and after a brief fight Mint who had returned shortly before this, dispatched it. As the elf was going to finish the job, Basil stepped in, pulling the creature into one of his portals and confronted the elf. Mint wasn't himself at this point it seems and tried to attack the ethereal dragon. I restrained the elf and in time we were able to placate him. Of course that wasn't before the elf tried head butting me multiple times with his horns, his horns never hit but his skull is hard enough and did hit a few times, my face is still sore right now. I think Basil has plans to try and assist the sslik with retaining himself in the future should he over use his blighted abilities again. The druids finally returned and went about cleansing the rest of the blighted ground and trees, I don't expect they'll come back this way unless they plan on berating the people gathered about the recent events.

Thread Information