Thread: Class defining content.

Default Class defining content.

When, if ever, will there be class defining quests for every class/race?

At present, as a Ranger,when I log in, I can hunt some trophy mobs, for exp and cash, or just kill mobs for exp. That's it.

For 2 and a half months I have not had any class quests from the trainers, envenomed arrow is still broken on UNITY, a year after the games release I still don't have a true epic quest, (DS doesn't count since it's a spell, and I'm not a pure caster, I only get a fraction of it's power, and won't be able to scribe until lvl 100 or close).

From a crafting point of view, I am still waiting to be able to buy a plot, only just getting auctions on UNITY, but even when I can buy one I can't build any elf structures. [:(] It's not very RPish to have a dwarven house as an elf.

BTW, if there is a forum for future content, where the devs post, next patch, next month, next few months, please point me in the right direction.

Default Re: Class defining content.

Class quests are being worked on. Dont know how long though until implementation.
    50 Chaos Warrior on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas
    When, if ever, will there be class defining quests for every class/race?
    AE is asking for ideas of racial quests for 6 tiers of an active ability.

But yes, between 101 to 120, each character should have class defining abilities, spells, skills that is supplemented by any multiclassing. So a level 120 Reaver is truely a Reaver.

It depends on how AE does multiclassing at the epic, 101+ levels, and resultant monster balancing to provide challenging content, and then abilities, spells, skills ofadult and Ancient dragons.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

They are currently asking for ideas?

So, 2 months to gather player thoughts. 2 more to write the code, 1 month to test on blight. 1 month to fix the bugs that they missed on blight. Would 6 months be a fair estimate?

I think I'll be 4 months into WoW by then and if it doesnt suck I think HZ will be just be memory. If I don't like WoW, I'll prolly look at MEO, WISH, or ADnD.

******** shame, cos I invested a year into HZ.

I think its a shame that people complain about the game.

Think of ALL the things that have happened in the last year with Horizons. They are doing a wonderful job and people still complain about various items. Go and play EQ2 and see how quick you come back here.......Evercrack2 is just that....the same thing just with prettier graphics.

Try crafting on EQ2.....a living nightmare.

Try dealing with no customization of UI, not being able to multiclass and conform your character to your likings.

Horizons, by afar, is the best game for individual customization that I have ever played.

I have played a ton of MMORPG's, AC, AC2, DAOC, UO, Shadowbane, FF Online, Star Wars Galaxies, EQ, and lasted 4 days with EQ2....Horizons has them all beat hands down.

People complain about the most trivial things. I agree that Horizons has some issues and I know they are working on it, but there is one thing to remember "they are working on them".

Now lets go to content a bit here......how many of you have played other RPG games.....how many others have WEEKLY content updates....granted some are very little content or none at all for various reasons, but NO other online game that I have seen does a weekly content update. The best I have seen is a monthly with AC and you were lucky if you were able to play at all without being rolled back because of bugs and errors.

I for one love the way Horizons is going, the contents that are coming, and the functionality that I can do.....crafting, hunting, or socializing.....I dont think there is one better.

16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

I have to agree fully Bandishier!

It's also interesting to me that many players want the game to define their character, and yet complain when it does just that. The only problem the original poster seems to have is that he doesn't seem to understand that your character is defined by more than just game mechanics.
    There is the community aspect. The events to get involved with. The discovery of new tactics and mobs to hunt. This list goes on and on...

If your willing to move on to another game because you can't do something yet...
    ( although it has been stated that it will be available later... )

Then what can anybody tell you? You have defined the the rules that you play by, and HZ does not seem to fit for you.

I truly hope you find what you are looking for. I believe it is here. BUT, fully understand for you that's not true. It happens.

I hope things get better and you stay, if not ... just have fun where ever you go!
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Glocaug

The problem is there arent many real quests... only tasks so far(granted it sounds like their working on some, just wish they could make them faster)... i wish we could take a bunch of the cool quests in WoW and dungeon raids into HZ. Then this would be by far the best game.

I know they are working on it...

The merger caused a stand still on some items....but wait

When the new world model and new character model comes out you will be thankful that you stayed with Horizons.

I am not anyone other than a regular player...I pay just like everyone else does, and I could not think of a better investment for my 13.00 per month (6 accounts :)).

The best is yet to come.....lets all just please try and be patient, I know it will work out in the long run.
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

Thread Information