View Poll Results: Should they listen to me?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should!

2 4.35%
  • No, they should not!

44 95.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know how you can get alot more People to play Istaria

Default Re: I know how you can get alot more People to play Istaria

The graphics could be updated, as everyone else has said, but really they are not that bad.

The developers had/are focusing on 'Barrier to entry', meaning helping people slide into the game. Something much more meaningful. New Trismus and the Spirit Isle are pretty good, I just wish Lesser Aradoth were as streamlined but it will be alot of work, dealing with 3 towns and numerous quests over reaching to opposite ends of the island.

That being said, this game to me, has always shared a kindrance with EVE, mainly because of the learning curve, both quality games but only if you can dedicate understanding and patience.

I think personally, how tool tips and NPC text are used, is something that should be looked at, as well as fonts, of course, that is open to personal opinion, but a wall of quest text is not easy to read.

It would be worthwhile I think color coding quests (the aura an npc has - or something), so people will know if a quest is an XP, a class quest, a 'important' quest, just to - again give people help in what they should be doing.

Mmm dinner s hould be about ready.

I voted NO, but for the simple reason that for a game to go fully F2P it needs a steady source of income besides the subscriptions.
    This can only be done by creating a store which sells ingame items for real money. ALL items, going from unteched to triple teched T5 weapons and armor pieces for the lazy, but rich... As wel as loads of fluff items from rare to common.
    Istaria was not made for this, better to shut it down completely then ruin the game as it was into a game it never should have become.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I`ll stick to Istaria either way I personaly love the dragon`s, and the graphics, and the fully customizable UI!
    I`ve played another MMO with a playable dragon.... sorry didn`t like it. Istarian dragons win every time
    As for free to play? hm... it IS free if you play as a human.
    and another thing! what other MMO`s allow you to be in every available school adv. and craft?....
    none that I`m aware. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    ALL items, going from unteched to triple teched T5 weapons and armor pieces for the lazy, but rich...
    A bit of an oxymoron there. Usually someone has to work harder IRL in some way to get into a position of having the money to afford really good F2P items in the first place. ;P
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    A bit of an oxymoron there. Usually someone has to work harder IRL in some way to get into a position of having the money to afford really good F2P items in the first place. ;P
    Not in the U.S. so much anymore.
    Alot of hard workers are payed the least.
    Sorry for the derail =P
    My vote is a firm NO. It would ruin this game not help it.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Every game I've been in where I started as a payed player was destroyed (in my opinion) when they went free to play. First off there are usually 1-2 weeks of server instability due to the addition of all the new coding needed to add an item mall and the item mall items into the games database. Also, there is often a large insurgance of bored players from other games who will then sit there and bash our game while trumpeting out how awesome the game they just left is compared to us. NO, Just...NO! The existing player base in Istaria is awesome. They could consider advertising the game just a little bit more... it is awesome and I stumbled across it by accident. As far as the free accounts... the only thing I would change is make that one character be any race. I would not have minded having only 1 character if it could have been my choice as far as race so.. to have my freedom of choice I pay a small fee. And trust me.. for a basic sub... that is a small fee indeed, and the property holder sub is on par with every other game's sub pricing so.. No thank you I don't want a bunch of former <Insert game name of your choice> players coming in and chanting that we need PvP to make OUR game better. If you don't like us.. go play something else please.
    Last edited by Shadowedraven; October 25th, 2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling errors

I don't care if the graphics are updated or not... any more of a free to play system would be just ridiculously stupid. It's not needed.

What I would vote for would be a Client revamp, as it has really needed it since release. I understand that a new client is not the priority, but it would help a bit with the playability, and I'm sure, would help reduce the frustration of folks. I don't have as many problems with the client on my new system, but my older one had issues, and the one before that was even worse.

It's getting better, but I think that its because my system is getting better, not that the client is actually working more smoothly.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Hello, I know the perfect marketing strategy to bring players to the game.Lets offer them some free grandma' cookies!XD
    No subliminal message here.

Thread Information