Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Guys, what's going on?

Default Hey Guys, what's going on?

I don`t liked what i saw in here yesterday and during the night, I know many if not all of you were and still are very angry, I for my own was also angry, but its is no apology to rant, if the server don't work, how it should. This is a official Forum if you want to improve the game, post a constructive suggestion in the suggestions area, the devs will read it.
    If you have problems with GN, then send GN or Luca your suggestions.

But it will not help you, if you rant and rant or make multiple threads.
    I and the other moderators try to keep the board clean.
    Thanks for your cooperation.

Lauryav
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

Lystiga

Default Re: Hey Guys, what's going on?

Hi Lauryav, [:)]

I think the most of us didn't rant, they just say how it is.
    To speak truth shouldn't be called rant.
    Btw. I'm no Guy [:P]

Lystiga

Vrykyl Jedash

Tja wenn das ja eh das offizielle forum ist dann können wir hier ja auch den frust ablassen, oder?
    zahle ja auch dafür. da man ja sonst nichts machen kann dagegen das ja nie was passiert und die ach so offizielle homepage von offizieller seite nicht mit news oder kommentaren versorgt wird.

ich geh weder jemanden persönlich an noch schreibe ich böse worte hier rein. fühle mich einfach angep...t wie viele andere auch (nehme mal an dich eingeschlossen).
    ich arbeite für einen internet service provider und wir hosten auch einiges, aber wenn wir so arbeiten würden mit null info politik und absolut auf kunden nicht eingehen würden, könnten wir bald den laden dicht machen.

ich, als person, bin schon sehr sauer und denk echt übers wechseln nach zu einen anderen game , würde mir zwar sehr leid tun aber was solls, ihr kennt doch den spruch: und bist du nicht willig so brauch ich gewalt:"
    und unter gewalt versteh ich aufstehn und um seine rechte kämpfen, das ist teil der demokratie so viel ich mich nicht irre und ich hoff die ist in der zwischenzeit noch nicht abgeschafft worden

ich bin der letzte der schreit wegen zensur weil treads im general gepostet wurden, find ich ok wennns mit beschimpfungen losgeht, aber ich seh es nicht ein das welche gschlossen werden nur weil man seine meinung sagt :(

so jetzt zum game:

1. info gleich 0 seitens offizieller personen (weder formum noch loginsite)
    2. spielspaß gleich nur duch vielen bugs (beta)
    3. die immerwiederkehrenden serverdowns (kanns ja echt nicht sein)
    4. security certificate (kein kommentar dazu, siehe loginseite)
    5. immer weniger leute duch punkt 1-4

tja mehr sag ich nicht mehr, soll sich jeder selber sein kommentar machen drüber. finde es nur sehr traurig für horizon und konsumentenverachtend von offizieller seite.
    dafür ein großes IHR SEIT SUPER LEUTE an alle zocker auf unity, super community im game selber, und wenn die nicht wären hätten die schon lange den balken geschlossen.

It's not the problems that bite.

It's the persisting and increasing of them, coupled with the biggest silence since after anuclear explosion.

BTW People are not angry per se. Are angry because their friends are quitting the game like rats and this in a MMO is painful. I have lost in one day: GM and 3 best friends. I feel like pissed. And whatever I think about it... no constructive criticism comes to my mind. Sorry.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Most here was just rants yesterday I think. Not much was constructive critic.

Most here acts as the NA did during merge and I thought Europeens had better manner but its seems not really but:

Some fine RPers have left Kushans Sogd, our RP guild because of the merge and the problems after merge and the long extended time with auctions. Its ******** bad that we lost such fine members and I cant blaim them. They had enough. There is other games out there.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Isnt it a bit late to come now and moderate? Shouldnt you be here yesterday too? *winks*
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

I posted a completely reasonable and thought-out selection of criticism which provided some possible solutions for the problems we have experienced. It was locked by Peaches. I don't know if she was referring to my post being a rant, or Vahrokh's to which I was replying to, but neither of our posts were rants, they were constructive criticism.

Lauryav, all it would have taken was a couple of sentences from someone at Game Network saying that the problem was being addressed, but from the way it looks to us, the paying customer base, GN didn't even know there was a problem until they got back from the pub on Friday night / early hours of Saturday morning. If that's not how it was, then I welcome a representative from GN providing us with some feedback, however that has yet to occur.

I think it's safe to say that despite many of us being frustrated by the problem last night, the overall tone of posts here on the forums were actually quite reasoned. We were annoyed, but we didn't sink low with our posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanaondo
    Isnt it a bit late to come now and moderate? Shouldnt you be here yesterday too? *winks*
    Hm I am Moderator and locked some threads, but i don`t stay the whole night awake, just to keep the board clean.
    Ex-Moderator

If that was considered ranting (and not allowed on these boards) then god help us all.

Considering the circumstances and the lack of any official responses this community IMO is suprisingly restrained.

Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

theurgist

Restrained? Not quite. More like apathetic. I've been with Hz since December. These things are nothing new. In fact, if I went too long without something going wrong.. I would then get worried.

Heres an example of modding and reaction (bit over the top this guys tbh though) from a game I played for nearly 3 years. DAoC forums are not run by GoA but are the official forums. Many many more thousands of users than Horizons and you can be sure they wouldnt put up with half of what we are in such an orderly manner.

Quote from Flimgoblin moderator Originally Posted by Iorlas Vf and flim ya both tossers.. flim your a crap mod and crap player...take this ******** forum and poke it up your ****** in fact 90% of people who post here are compleate and utter wankers don't bother to ban me as i won't be comming hear to read all the bollox that is written here........fucking morons.. /RUDE.

such bile from someone who obviously likes my posting so much as to quote it in his sig

but you're perfectly entitled to have your opinions on my modding, I'll take your feedback and file it appropriately...

this particular instance is filed under "s" of course
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

sry I used the word rant to often in the first post. I saw not many rants. The one rant-thread I closed, was because he said hishelf this is rant, I don`t speak the language, in whioch he posted the rant, but he said it was a rant so I believe him :)
    The biggest problem was, that there were so many threads on the same topic.
    Ex-Moderator

...and the even bigger problem is that there were so many threads on the same topic.

That is, when so many people converge in the same opinion and actions, there is something really wrong out there. And it's not them.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauryav
    I'm moderator in several boards myself and if you have to many threats on one topic, than merge them but do not close tem and let them staying there.

Jaelle_earth

What kind of constructive suggestion do you think we can make if we dont even know what the ******** is going on at all there is still no single word about what happened, how do you think we can post CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS without knowing the facts???
    Are we angry? yes i hink we are! because GN gives a flying ******** about their customers, just some darned words one or two sentences is enough to make the customers feel like they are taken seriously, we pay a hell of a lot of moneys every month in times were the ecological situation is most unstable in germany and GN doesnt even think it would be worthwhile to inform there customers who pay their wages???

A friend has a sign on his desk, it reads:

THINK - It might be a new experience for you.

This i wish GN would do some more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldor
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Lauryav wrote:The biggest problem was, that there were so many threads on the same topic.<br />

I'm moderator in several boards myself and if you have to many threats on one topic, than merge them but do not close tem and let them staying there.
    there is a technical problem with merging, if i merge 4 threads, all 4 links to the threads stay there and all link the same topic.

you can see it on teh 2nd page of the Unity-Forum, the threads started by JVCC.
    Ex-Moderator

there is a technical problem with merging, if i merge 4 threads, all 4 links to the threads stay there and all link the same topic.
    is there there any option (maybe a little bit hidden) that says "leave a link to the original post" that can be unchecked??
    if not, ask the admin to activate ore include this! It's really needed to keep a forum clean.
    Nothing is more worse than 1000 link threads to other topics.

locking posts is not a solution i guess.... readin them is maybe a start to understand WHAT's really going on...
    on the road again !
    100 Warr/100 clrc/100 Berserker
    Born of Black Wind, Fire & Steel !

Astron

I don`t liked what i saw in here yesterday and during the night, I know many if not all of you were and still are very angry, I for my own was also angry, but its is no apology to rant, if the server don't work, how it should. This is a official Forum if you want to improve the game, post a constructive suggestion in the suggestions area, the devs will read it.
    If you have problems with GN, then send GN or Luca your suggestions.

But it will not help you, if you rant and rant or make multiple threads.
    I and the other moderators try to keep the board clean.
    Thanks for your cooperation.

Lauryav
    Why aren't we allowed to rant? I figure most of us have posted support tickets, but the situation is getting out of hand. No offence Lauryav, but if rants are no longer allowed you get a one-sided board which gives a wrong picture of the game. At this moment, as you put it so correctly, a lot of players are ticked off. With a good reason! What we need is a dev who tells us what's going wrong, and what they are doing about it. None of this is happening, and with games like EQ2 released and WoW turning up next month, a lot of die-hard players are worried about the playbase.

A rant is needed to vent anger. Venting anger is only usefull if someone takes notice of it. (constructive) rants are usefull, so please don't lock them.

just my 2 cents....

[/quote]If you have problems with GN, then send GN or Luca your suggestions.[/quote]

I totally understand, and willing to do so, that you ask our cooperation ... however .... ranting I would not call it ... nor would i say that there is anything wrong on people to be angry ...

You say if we have problems to contact GN or Luca.... Did you heard them since the problems from friday ? I didn`t ...

Sending or saying things to luca or Gn is like speaking to a wall... no one listens ...

sorry that you guys as mods feel that you received a hard time ... but I think we all know to where the anger or frustration is directed... Normal players do not succeed in contacting luca or Gn.. maybe you guys got some more luck ??? (little hint)

Thread Information