Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September 2011 Content Update

Default Re: September 2011 Content Update

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I highly disagree. This is the only way to get the "Rift form" buff:

The ethereal form needed -by lore- to enter the rift to *not* tear one's body into many mangled pieces. Lore wise, we are not supposed to be able to enter the rift without it.
    You are correct that the lore requires you to have an ethereal form to enter the Rift. However, dragons are given an ability as part of the ARoP quest "By the Hand of Drulkar" where they can change their form to enter this state at any time. The ability is called Focus of Spirit (because I couldn't think of a better name at the time I was doing the revamp ).

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    These aren't bugs, actually.

The Rune of Teleportation is not needed, nor did it fit with lore to have it exist, so it is no longer given out as part of the quest. Though I'm not sure why it would have disappeared, no changes were made to any existing Runes with this patch.

The multiple Guardians/Elial's are probably for two reasons. First, with two of you doing the quest, if you both greeted the Guardian/Elial in order to have the quest advance, each person who greeted the Guardian/Elial would have spawned the mob version. Second, we did set up (though on a longer timer) regular spawns of both Guardians and Elial in order to prevent the "my quest broke because I spawned the monster, then died" problem that happens so frequently when a quest is set up to spawn a mob.

We're going to try it that way for a bit (with the spawns that is) and see how often "extras" show up in the world or cause problems. If they become a problem, we'll take the spawn out. But doing so would mean that the only way someone can fix the "I died while fighting" issue would be to drop the quest and restart it.
    Ah! Understand the reasoning for the multiple spawns, in that case.

Although one of the spawns was likely due to us both greeting the NPC, I was alone for some of the others. Four Guardians of Mind spawned when only I talked to the NPC, and two Elial spawns appeared when I was the only adult on the quest. All the additional spawns popped up at exactly the same time as the original and usually right on top of each other.

Pulling them individually was rather problematic! Even so, it shouldn't really effect things too much if the pros outweigh the cons. Dropping the quest would be more of a bother than a few additional death points, regardless.

(And whoops, my mistake on the rune! There was a lot of quest text about it and the Gatekeeper commented on using one. Never checked until I was asked by the group to teleport inside the Rift and failed to find the rune!)

Sigvard Nemena (Order) | Piano Forte (Order) | Lello (Order) | Vasken (Order) | Skreel (Order) | Ursala (Order)
    (Click names for biographies!)

The quest text should have talked about using your ability, not the rune, if you are referring to the text I am thinking about, at least.

I love that you guys put in a new event. I'm a big fan of the hedge maze! A few things though...

I cannot seem to find this "fortune teller" that a number of the NPCs refer to. Also, the prices on the festival food vendor and the fireworks vendor are very steep, considering that a player can only get two tickets in three hours (assuming the best possible scenario, which it often is not). 100 tickets for the Journeyman Fireworks formula works out to 150 hours of constant online time (again, with absolutely impossibly perfect timing). Unless there is a much faster source of tickets that I am unaware of..?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thank you devs for a great patch-
    (too busy enjoing-(even if its fixing broken wallways ) to write more
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I love that you guys put in a new event. I'm a big fan of the hedge maze! A few things though...

I cannot seem to find this "fortune teller" that a number of the NPCs refer to. Also, the prices on the festival food vendor and the fireworks vendor are very steep, considering that a player can only get two tickets in three hours (assuming the best possible scenario, which it often is not). 100 tickets for the Journeyman Fireworks formula works out to 150 hours of constant online time (again, with absolutely impossibly perfect timing). Unless there is a much faster source of tickets that I am unaware of..?
    You are right, that is steep. I thought I'd set those vendors to take coin, not tickets, so it was missed as a problem. When I did my own testing on Blight, I simply looked at the values and they appeared correct to me, I didn't attempt to buy any.

I'll see if we can somehow hotfix the problem without having to take another delta, but I can't make any promises. This is normally something that would be fixed by a delta change from Genesis to Blight and then to Chaos/Order when the patch goes live.

The Bhal'kuk Chieftain Molar Tech Comp has been reidentified as being of interest only to Nadia, as patch notes state; however, the item creation screen for applying Technique Spell: Accuracy V, and the Technique itself, still call for the molars.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarius Shadows View Post
    About the "Ancient Rite of Passage" changes.
    How will this effect someone who has already started the AROP and does not meet the current requirements?
    Will they have to redo the quests they have already finished?
    I am wondering this myself. I can tell you, however, (and you probably already know anyway), that any AROP quest you had pre-patch has disappeared from your quest log. I was up to the Rift section and had to greet the Sleeper next. I can still port into the Rift, but cannot pick up any AROP related quests. I should hit 100 today with no problems and will start over from where ever I have to, so I will update on that later
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

The quests were set up such that you should be able to pick them up again, even if you aren't level 100 so long as you had some of the quests completed already. So anyone on the ARoP should be able to "back up" a step without the need to submit a ticket even.

Because it is going to be very different from character to character where you were in the quest if you had it active, my best suggestion would be to visit each of the key NPC's in the quest (The Gatekeeper, your faction leader, etc) and see if they have a quest for you. We did delete any existing instances of quests because they would have been bugged... but the series overall uses the same quests (internally the numbers didn't change) for the most part, so you can pick back up again, or should be able to.

There is only one point I can think of where you might run into trouble and that's if you were in the middle of the old "stars of attunement" mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    There is only one point I can think of where you might run into trouble and that's if you were in the middle of the old "stars of attunement" mess.
    *Sigh* yup so step 22 - Ritual of Journey: Stars of Attunement:
    Give the Talisman of Zarakasa to V'Trieu
    So I talk to him, and now all he says is "You have succedded! Well done, acnient one" but the quest does no proceed, so I'm guessing a ticket will be the next step then... Fingers Crossed Lucky me
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I have finished the Helian's Tomb questline but I haven't been able to figure how to be attuned to the landpad near the Tomb.
    I was expecting to have it unlocked during the quest but I was wrong. The Battlmaster at the Observatory Outpost doesn't have any additional quest, except the titles ones.
    Did I miss something or is it a bug?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

just helped on a rift run on blight, only things i dont like for the changes is not having the rune of telportation, falling in a hole now takes longer to get back, as its faster just to port to the top of the council, 2ed is the change where you have to start at blood, instead of any of them,, i always get lost, and find them by try try again,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrystal View Post
    just helped on a rift run on blight, only things i dont like for the changes is not having the rune of telportation, falling in a hole now takes longer to get back, as its faster just to port to the top of the council, 2ed is the change where you have to start at blood, instead of any of them,, i always get lost, and find them by try try again,,,
    That's a good point. It really is kind of a long haul back for any teammates that have died and suffer long port times. Further compounded by the fact that the "social norm" of getting Heart, and your rez ability first surely doesn't help this matter.

My friends and I are a but clueless on how to obtain the dolphin summer pattern, we did all quests from woody, Ted, and the commissioners wife, the 2 maze quests too. So we are a bit clueless where we should look for the pattern, is it maybe a reward from the raffle guy?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

If i may make a suggestion if we are going to have an abilty that acts like the rune of telportation that gives us the buff rift spirit effect why not let the abilty also teleport us in and out of the rift it's just my option but personally i find it would be much easier that way if u guys are going to completly take out the rune of teleportation for the new guys doing AROP

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    My friends and I are a but clueless on how to obtain the dolphin summer pattern, we did all quests from woody, Ted, and the commissioners wife, the 2 maze quests too. So we are a bit clueless where we should look for the pattern, is it maybe a reward from the raffle guy?
    It worked fine for me, both the dolphin banner and the gone fishin' sign. I think the banner pattern was a reward from the commissioner's wife; did you greet her again at the end of your quest? I'm not aware if the devs limited it to one pattern per sub rather than one pattern per character.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    It worked fine for me, both the dolphin banner and the gone fishin' sign. I think the banner pattern was a reward from the commissioner's wife; did you greet her again at the end of your quest? I'm not aware if the devs limited it to one pattern per sub rather than one pattern per character.
    But there are 3 banners? The Swordfish you get from Woody, the Gone Fishing from Ted, and the Dolphin I have no clue. And I did greet her again but no Dolphin banner.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It seems that for the new racial banners, the Journeyman banner staff form is needed, and that this form is only available from the NPC at the Nature Tower with coin being Nature Tokens obtained by level 80 adventure quests. If this is true, the Journeyman form should also be available from regular Craft School NPC's.

Knossos

I have from a credible source (one of many who is rebuilding the Stone Walkways) that the Small Corner piece does not match the width of the piece(s) it joins. The regular Corner piece and all other pieces of stone walkway construction are fine.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    But there are 3 banners? The Swordfish you get from Woody, the Gone Fishing from Ted, and the Dolphin I have no clue. And I did greet her again but no Dolphin banner.
    My apologies, I was mixed up. I did not get the dolphin banner either, just the swordfish one.
    What a mean holdout that wife is, after I made up all those extra dyes and spools for the NT connie even!

Thread Information