Thread: Hello !

Default Hello !

Hello everybody !

I am new to this game, and testing it as for a beginning. So I don't know yet if I'll play it for a long time. However I think this is a very beautiful game, so I'll certainly stay here for at least a little while. My character is human, called Aloie DeTolosa, which is a Occitanian old name. She's a scholar, for I just love playing mages or such kind of characters in RPG. Not very easy, but the most entertaining effects
    My character's on the Order server, for I also love RP atmosphere and its the rules of speaking and acting. The only inconvenient is that, beeing French, my writing is surely full of grammar mistakes ; well, stand it for an accent from a remote country !
    See you soon on line.
    Last edited by Alfinete; September 6th, 2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Grammar mistakes detected in a sentence.

Default Re: Hello !

Hello and welcome on Istaria, Alfinete, I hope you'll enjoy the game and the community. Feel free to ask others if you need help, here or in game. On Order, you can poke me when I am logged, my name is the same than here.

I am french too, don't worry, it trains for english, and you can also use the windowed mode and launch something like Google translator to help. Most roleplayers aren't too demanding about posts' size and length, don't worry.

You can check this page if you want, it is a roleplay guide:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24334

So thank you for your hospitality, and also for the documentation, that I'll enjoy in waiting for the server to be online again.

Welcome to Istaria, and to the Order shard!

As Elder LungTien has said, don't worry about language differences in role-playing. Actually, I would say it is an *advantage* to role-playing. Are we not all different races, from different parts of our Istarian world? It would make sense that language would be at least a bit different in different areas, as cultures develop differently.

I hope you'll enjoy Istaria as much as we all do!
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Thread Information