Thread: Looking again at Stats

Default Looking again at Stats

I'm sure this was answered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find the answer.

So, yesterday someone posed the question of efficiency on stat points. Is there a cap at which they stop being effective? Diminishing returns?

Is 1400 in a stat drastically different than one who has 1100 in that stat? Health, clearly the answer is yes but what about TNC and Primal? What about the difference between 800 and 1100?

Default Re: Looking again at Stats

As far as I am aware (and from all the testing I did a while ago) there is no cap on stats.

You do see differences with higher stats, however the gaussian randomiser skews the obvious differences in damage.

If you dump all your training points into strength, then you will definitely see a benefit to melee damage. Likewise if you take them all out you will notice a difference.

I would say the key to damage is the delay time on the weapon. The slower the weapon, the potentially higher the damage per second.

Dexterity/Evasion or Focus/Magic Evasion is harder to determine whether they work or not (I personally believe they do) as there is always a % chance of an attack getting through regardless of high your stats/skills are (ever seen a level 10 mob hit you for 0 damage?)

The other side to this is we don't know what the armor, resistance, ward or stat/skill values of any mobs are. We can guess what they are but no way of knowing for definite. Different mobs and levels of the same mob are going to skew any data you try to collect regarding damages.

Something else I remember is that mobs are artifically given higher skills/stats to make up for the fact that they are not multiclassed like players are. So a T5 mob might actually have much higher stats than you would imagine (hence why dragons struggle to evade attacks from T5 mobs, but can evade much more from t1-t4 mobs if they are lvl 100).
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks. Yes, this all makes sense. I was just curious because I was playing around with my primalist and got nearly 1500 in primal and 1300 in TNC. Since she was doing well with her Gold rage and her healing, it seemed easier to me, but might have been the creatures I was fighting.

Was wondering if maybe building a dragon with as even stats as possible would be a viable class. I didn't think about the factor of "It depends on what you are fighting."

Here is a really old post that you might find helpful. Keep in mind it's old information, however is should still be reasonably accurate.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Thread Information