Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rune of Teleportation gone!?

Default Re: Rune of Teleportation gone!?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, let me clarify. I said "Gate of Embers" which is the chamber in which the Dragon Council stands. We're adding a bind point in that chamber, not the actual Rift itself.

As far as Helian's Tomb, this is a bug with the clutter that we have tracked down and are in the process of fixing.

*nods* i reread the post, inside the chamber of embers would have been easier to distinguish, idk about others but to me we have to open the gate of embers which means the portal. Forgive me if im picky..

Forgive me if im stubborn but i still dont believe a bind point would be worth the hassle, basically doing the same job as an ancients rune.. Why Amon are you really removing it?.. It has been part of the Lore since the beginning, why change the lore now, its like trying to rewriting the past..its not right.

May the power and wisdom of Drulkar lead us all on the path to victory against the Withered Aegis...

a bind point does NOT do the same job as rune does.

( btw:I understand that its not gonna be explained what the exploit is with rune!)

But I agree to the suggestion, rather to ban the exploiters, than punish all
    and take rune out of game.
    Rune is epic, rune is lore- besides allother benefits.
    It means a lot to dragons.

Thy Amon for listening and offer a solution.
    Much appreciated.
    But a porter is not a satisfying solution for me
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

correction (cannot edit anymore)

A bind point is not a satisfying solution..

I would like to clarify here because I think perhaps there is some misinformation. Existing Runes are not being removed from players. It is players that do the ARoP after this update that will not receive the Rune and will instead receive the Focus of Spirit ability.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

i can understand u guys not removing them from players who have them but y put adults striving for ancient at a disadvantage compared to older ancients who have a rune? don't u think players with out the option of a rune would get frustrated that they can't rune bk and forth? not only that but i'm pretty sure players that finished arop after the update would get annoyed with having to bind and un bind to locations when they them selves try to help another up and coming ancient. wouldn't it b more reasonable just the leave that particular part of ARoP untouched? sure it wouldn't bug me if u guys changed the story line alil but the runes them selves have apparently been a part of ARoP since it was first offered. and you guys r dodging the biggest question. why are the runes being removed in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I would like to clarify here because I think perhaps there is some misinformation. Existing Runes are not being removed from players. It is players that do the ARoP after this update that will not receive the Rune and will instead receive the Focus of Spirit ability.
    So if I understand correctly new players will recieve an ability that does the exact same thing as the Rune of Teleportation only without having the frustration of yet another attuned item which only sits in vault or inventory so you have to collect and find it when you want to do a rift run for someone...
    Lucky Ancients...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    So if I understand correctly new players will recieve an ability that does the exact same thing as the Rune of Teleportation only without having the frustration of yet another attuned item which only sits in vault or inventory so you have to collect and find it when you want to do a rift run for someone...
    Lucky Ancients...
    Unless I'm mistaken, the ability only turns on the glowy Rift effect. It does not teleport you, and that's the entire reason that it's such a big deal that they took to Rune out. Imagine doing Rift runs where, if you fell, it meant running back from your bind point and not just the Rift pad again.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

The only thing the devs will acomplish is that people are annoyed and as such less interested in helping for rift runs, thus means less people finishing ARoP, that means more people leaving annoyed... Theoretically speaking of course.

I still think then it should be returned the way it was only with a small addition... A notice should be given to the player who uses the "off the world" exploit, let that account be banned first for 1 day, then a week, then permanent (with a permanent ban of course the characters be deleted) .
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Better to punish the offender than to punish all players.

Knossos

I Agree. Why punish us all for a select few who cheat? Can`t there be a way to track who`s doing it? like a tutorial type message if you do it stating that it`s against game rules, and instead of recalling you to your bind point, you`re logged out of the game for say 24 hours for the first offense?
    Just a suggestion of course

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the ability only turns on the glowy Rift effect. It does not teleport you, and that's the entire reason that it's such a big deal that they took to Rune out. Imagine doing Rift runs where, if you fell, it meant running back from your bind point and not just the Rift pad again.

Rune ports you to the entrance of gate of Gate of Embers.
    You have to walk down to the porter and port into the rift.

If there is a bind point in Chamber its even closer as it is atm with using rune.
    This and the focus of spirit ability sounds like a good compromise!

Give us back the automatical coin for all group members after kill pls,
    and I`ll be completely satisfied.

And I`ve changed my mind concerning the cheater- its better to prevent cheating by game mechanics-
    than loose paying customers.
    Better to lead noone into temptation.
    Better to solve that for good and all.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    And I`ve changed my mind concerning the cheater- its better to prevent cheating by game mechanics-
    than loose paying customers.
    Better to lead noone into temptation.
    Better to solve that for good and all.
    but doesn't the paying customer have a right to know y something, obviously, thats as big a deal as this is being removed? we don't care who did it we just wanna know y its being removed for future ARoP dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

If there is a bind point in Chamber its even closer as it is atm with using rune.
    This and the focus of spirit ability sounds like a good compromise!

Give us back the automatical coin for all group members after kill pls,
    and I`ll be completely satisfied.
    My sentiments as well. I'm not happy with the rune being removed, but to be honest, the bind point and not having to find the stupid rune from vault is a compromise. Bring back the ~40s I get a kill and I am a satisfied 'elder player'.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Better to punish the offender than to punish all players.

Knossos
    My saying, why not ban the players that abused the exploit with the ending world, what ever was the name of it? People can nowadays get away with exploiting without being punished?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Thread Information