Thread: Epic hunts

Default Epic hunts

lets see...I have lost 3 queen hairs thanks to in game design, once you build the banner they forget to tell us you dont get a hair back if you decon it... and many queen hunts with me winning most rolls but the queen has yet to drop a hair..then today i dont win the roll and a hair does drop

im done with epic hunts when theirs basically no reward

Default Re: Epic hunts

Yeah its unfair you don't get 1 on your 1st queen kill.

That is the same thing with other bosses like Reklar, Valkor,...

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ail#post270872

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    - the epic bosses don't drop weapon/armor pieces each time they fall,
    - considering the required number of players (we have rarely enough people),
    - the different timezone issues (the players haven't all enough time to wait for the respawn),
    - a group of, for example, 5 players, looking for a weapon made of 6 different pieces, would need to get 30 of these pieces for each of these players to have the complete set,
    - each of these bosses have several types of item sets,
    - the probability of each of these 6 pieces to drop, 1/6th, meaning we can see drop a piece we have already...

I have got a piece of Valkor blood sword (not really useful for a dragon) a while ago, but found nobody to trade it with another epic item's piece, on this forum as well as in game. I think all of this makes the hope of a player to get, one day, a thing like Reklar's tail scale or Valkor's blood claw, on Order Shard more than on Chaos shard, almost a pure dream.

me and friends were talking. we should be able to take a quest and every one can take take this quest(lvl check of course) kill so and so epic and that way every one that goes on the hunt can get a reward. and for the epics that drop multiple loot have them drop a token and when we go to turn in quest we are giving a rare item that drops by that mob at random. sue could would be a few that would abuse this...but the economy is already broken i dont think i used coin for anything but buying a plot...and why should a few ruining it for most of us that just want to feel like theirs a reason to hunt epics

The devs have already thought of a token system. You can read it and leave feedback here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24428

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    The devs have already thought of a token system. You can read it and leave feedback here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24428
    sad, that topicclosed.
    well, I like this idia. but I prefear that bosses still drop unique parts or soul fragments.
    thus hunt not turns in "kill only that one. anyway all souls similar"
    and good if boss drop something rare every time. (realy, only in half of cases I saw epic drops, and it must be multiplied on chance to get it 1/10, becous only 1 of 10 hunters get it)

I get frustrated that the banner to celebrate you were part of successful queen hunt
    a) Is limited to only one of usually more than 10 participants
    b) Is not always available after a successful hunt

With the effort it takes to get a group up and manage to actually kill the queen, we should bloody well all get banners for it, IMO. That way one person losing 3 hairs by moving would not suck nearly so much for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I get frustrated that the banner to celebrate you were part of successful queen hunt
    a) Is limited to only one of usually more than 10 participants
    b) Is not always available after a successful hunt

With the effort it takes to get a group up and manage to actually kill the queen, we should bloody well all get banners for it, IMO. That way one person losing 3 hairs by moving would not suck nearly so much for the rest of us.
    This. Hunts can sometimes not be organized for months. Or due to time zone problems can only attend once a month.
    I've been on fifteen hunts since the opening of Delgarath and I've only seen the hair drop once. I have to question how often others have seen it drop? Once in a year's worth of hunts is ridiculously low.
    The same frustrations for trying to put together a Valkor claw. Been trying for years to get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    ...once you build the banner they forget to tell us you dont get a hair back if you decon it...
    Seriously?
    Is it still true?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

as far as I know- all event banners are handled like this.
    I did not dare to pull down my old banners- even when I build 2 of my plots new. Some banners now stand around there a bit strange^^
    but at least I still have them^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It is even worse for a lair where most of the time you have to decon everything due to connectivity issues.
    Doh!
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

yep after losings 3 hairs, i dont do epic hunts any more. and haven't been on rift runs recently, but am i right they nerfed the coin drop on that to right... so whats the point on helping others now...sure im not sounding nice but i done what maybe easy easy 100+ rift runs...and whats in it for me ..oh right helping some random person i dont even know that is now spaming me with tells to help him with his/her rift run

Thread Information