Thread: Pelts and the Winter Vale

Default Pelts and the Winter Vale

Brunt : Liquidate the icy dire wolves quest at wintervale functions incorrectly. I went to the tower of magery and killed a few. When i did loot a hide i was given 10 of them but the quest did not trigger. I deleted the quest had it added again by the npc and then killed some more wolves. 1 wolf dropped a single pelt and the quest now reports success, however i had to continue hunting 9 extras (i deleted the 10 that dropped originally first time quest given) for the quest to succeed.

I am unable to reproduce this. Also, the quest does not appear to be able to give you 10 at a single time so I am unsure how that would have happened.

Update to this Amon - a friend had the same thing happen to them. We were both dragons doing the quest and i was a little wrong on it. Her dragon took the quest and was given 10 pelts at quest start. Pelts deleted and the quest dropped and regiven and the first dropped pelt triggered the quest saying done (however you need to actually acquire 9 more to turn in). Both were from Dragon characters. Not sure if you can replicate this but thats 2 players both ancient dragons that experienced the same outcome. If you can't reproduce maybe i can find some other dragon that hasn't done the wintervale quest to confirm.

Default Re: Game Bugs

I am unable to reproduce this and I don't see how it could happen in the quest. It simply does not give 10 pelts. Now, if you had pelts to begin with this could create a problem but otherwise I simply don't see it in the data or in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakkanoth View Post
    Brunt : Liquidate the icy dire wolves quest at wintervale functions incorrectly. I went to the tower of magery and killed a few. When i did loot a hide i was given 10 of them but the quest did not trigger. I deleted the quest had it added again by the npc and then killed some more wolves. 1 wolf dropped a single pelt and the quest now reports success, however i had to continue hunting 9 extras (i deleted the 10 that dropped originally first time quest given) for the quest to succeed.

I am unable to reproduce this. Also, the quest does not appear to be able to give you 10 at a single time so I am unsure how that would have happened.

Update to this Amon - a friend had the same thing happen to them. We were both dragons doing the quest and i was a little wrong on it. Her dragon took the quest and was given 10 pelts at quest start. Pelts deleted and the quest dropped and regiven and the first dropped pelt triggered the quest saying done (however you need to actually acquire 9 more to turn in). Both were from Dragon characters. Not sure if you can replicate this but thats 2 players both ancient dragons that experienced the same outcome. If you can't reproduce maybe i can find some other dragon that hasn't done the wintervale quest to confirm.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Aren't the pelts given by that other NPC there?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Rane gives the 10 pelts when you take her quest.

If you have already taken the icy wolves quest and completed, then there's no issue, but if you try to complete the quest & loot the pelts AFTER you talk to Rane then you can't loot the pelts..or just delete the 10 pelts you get from Rane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Rane gives the 10 pelts when you take her quest.

If you have already taken the icy wolves quest and completed, then there's no issue, but if you try to complete the quest & loot the pelts AFTER you talk to Rane then you can't loot the pelts..or just delete the 10 pelts you get from Rane.
    Thank you!!! That was indeed the problem. She isn't supposed to give pelts at all so that quest was bugged.

Btw, getting them in that manner doesn't work for the Brunt quest because that quest says to LOOT them, not have them given to you.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information