Thread: Finishing what you've started

Default Finishing what you've started

I'm putting this here, cuz I know it's gonna end up here anyway...

This is spawned by yet another comment about starting something new.

Howz about we finish what you've started maybe?

Year of the Phoenix? Spell Scrolls other than Travel beyond Lvl 2?

I'm sure there are more that I'm not remembering off the top of my head, but the first came up again lately, and the second one has bugged me for a while now.

Just a thought from a long time player, and a long time believer that you finish one thing before you move onto another.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Default Re: Finishing what you've started

SiLang, Amon explained to us some time ago,
    that different people are working on different projects.

So developing and realeasing new content does not necessarily mean
    that man power is drawn away from fixes or things you`ve mentioned.

The Phoenix thing seems to be a prob that can`t be solved atm (you may want to look into the threads about that issue).
    All other - we are free to remind the devs what we are waiting for
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Also realize - and I don't know if your comment about "recently starting something new" came from the "talk to the Devs" threads...

But any topic discussed in the "Talk to the Devs" area isn't necessarily about anything they are working on *right now*, or even planning on doing next. Its just ideas bandied about by the devs they want our feedback on. We may see it go in next week, next year, or some of the ideas we may never see - as things change.

So don't take any new topics in that area to mean that they have suddenly switched gears and are now working on all those topics to the exclusion of others(or that they are even actively working on ANY of those topics).

And as Lov said - dev teams work on MANY things at once (this is true of all dev teams) - so jut because Idea A has been in the work for two years when Idea B comes along doesn't mean that Idea A is now dead-in-the-water (or even gets less work done because the person working on Idea B may never have a hand in Idea A).

Now, I agree with you that there are issues that we all feel should be fixed and adjusted first- but without more specificsy to know exactly what you feel should be addressed - we cant really..address those...LOL

(such as issues with the Phoenix stuff, some of it being an engine problem they are supposedly still trying to work around; search suggestion be yo friend lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I understand your concerns, Walker. Frith does have a point about the Talk to the Team threads, however. They are in no way a promise to implement. They are simply us getting feedback from the players about various ideas.

Year of the Phoenix?
    This is actually still in development. The content was done long ago, but the system has required numerous changes to the account system and database that the tech team is continuing to work on.

Spell Scrolls other than Travel beyond Lvl 2?
    This one I take full blame for. You are right, I dropped the ball and should have completed implementation of it long ago. Its mostly a major data-entry project so its quite dull and that is what has held me back. Now that I got the Bloodmage and majority of the Yew Forest changes out of the way Scrolls are once again at the top of my list so I'll be attempting to knock them out.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Great to hear that finishing the scrolls is upcoming. When I started out on all the Scholar scroll quests, I immediately deleted all my spells that had scrolls available (spell book size is serious juggling game for a multi classed ped) figuring I would just use the scrolls instead of casting spells when hunting for those covered. You can imagine my dismay when I found out I had deleted spells for stuff that don't go up the top tiers.

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on this Amon.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I understand your concerns, Walker. Frith does have a point about the Talk to the Team threads, however. They are in no way a promise to implement. They are simply us getting feedback from the players about various ideas.
    I understand that is the purpose of the Talk threads, but in this case, your comment when you reopened one was that you were "considering working on this" which is much "stronger" language than you normally use in those threads. It simply struck a nerve that there was a number of things that had not been completed (more than the two I listed, but I can't recall specifics, so I left it there) and you were looking to move onto another project. And I also understand that different people work on different projects all at the same time. That's how programming works. Let's just say I was hoping to do a little gentle "kicking in the pants".

This is actually still in development. The content was done long ago, but the system has required numerous changes to the account system and database that the tech team is continuing to work on.
    I did see a comment about this recently in a different thread. Was included here as an example that I could remember specifically. Still looking forward to seeing what's what when it comes out.

This one I take full blame for. You are right, I dropped the ball and should have completed implementation of it long ago. Its mostly a major data-entry project so its quite dull and that is what has held me back. Now that I got the Bloodmage and majority of the Yew Forest changes out of the way Scrolls are once again at the top of my list so I'll be attempting to knock them out.
    I understand that COMPLETELY. I have a few of those projects on my own list that I've been trying to avoid like the plague.

Again, thank you for commenting. Happy data-entering. hehe
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Cue some awesome progressive rock and bang away!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information