Thread: About playerbase and other stuff

Default About playerbase and other stuff

So, i just recently found out about this game, and even if the game isn't up to date with today moder graphics, im okay with it, because, you can be a dragon ... no sir, you dont understand ... you can BE a dragon !! That is the thing that brings me to the game and makes me blind to this or that. However, one thing i need to know is, is the playerbase big or small, nothing in the way of numbers, more like, is it easy to find a group or people to interact with and maybe even just chat and etc. and wich one of the servers is the most populated one.
    Cause i see more then often games that cant keep up with modern mmo's cause of the dated graphics, wich sux.
    Did i mention you can be a dragon?
    hope someone replies soon

Default Re: About playerbase and other stuff

Istaria is a niche game, so the population is not very large. Even so, the community is by and large very friendly and helpful, so if you need help, you should be able to find someone willing despite the relatively low number of players.

Chaos is the most populated shard. If you enjoy role-playing though, you may want to opt for the somewhat less populated RP server, Order. Avoid Blight (the test server) if you're looking for a population.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Istaria is a niche game, so the population is not very large. Even so, the community is by and large very friendly and helpful, so if you need help, you should be able to find someone willing despite the relatively low number of players.

Chaos is the most populated shard. If you enjoy role-playing though, you may want to opt for the somewhat less populated RP server, Order. Avoid Blight (the test server) if you're looking for a population.
    this, blight is basicly dead right now, or well, it was when I last played (left about a week ago due to the people that DID play), most of the players that used to play and with whom I actually was befriended have either left or can't login at a regular basis anymore.

but on the other servers, especially chaos, playerbase is booming.

Hello, and welcome on Istaria, Alphabot. Feel free to ask, here or in game, if you need help. I haven't seen Blight shard as dead last time I came on it.

I forgot to add you will find, due to timezones, more people logged from:

Midnight : Moscow
    10pm : Berlin
    9pm : London
    4pm : New York
    1pm : Los Angeles
    8am : Sydney
    6am : Tokyo

To bad the roleplay server doesn't have that many population, however, im roling a char in that server because I realy wanna go out and rp, even tho i've never actually done that ... ever, hopefully, it will turn out for the best
    ty for replys and hopefully see you in game

Feel free to poke me on rder where I am there, if you need help. You can also have a look at the RP guide here:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24334

If you do, make sure to check the latest version of it.

Think you'll find that the Order shard has more than enough population to have good RP, and that's all that really matters; the actual numbers aren't really that important, as long as the folks who are there have fun and are friendly.
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Order`s got lower pop, but all in all friendly player base, and lots of RPs. only reason I don`t get to enjoy many RPs is due to the times I play. since I work second shift I`m only on late nights D:
    Chaos is larger in pop, there is some RP there too, but not as hm.. what`s the word? story based? I guesse XD
    blight it only a test server so I`d say maybe make a copy of who ever`s you main character simply for when the live servers (Chaos, and Order) are down for maintenance.
    I`m on all threee, so you`ll likely catch me anywhere depending on your timezone ^^
    so feel free to poke me
    Dienonychus/Negadragoon/reagle on Order
    Darkwiing/Reagle/Cyynder on Chaos

good luck, and happy gaming!

well, the first thing i usualy check for when i find a new mmorpg is the population, i've been in craft of gods and aerrevan and it was kind of dissapointing since it was basicaly a single player game but im geting of topic.
    I've been reading the rp guide and it is roughly the idea i had before, i think that actualy doing it is the way to learn it best but thanks for all the replies.
    Also, in the village of New Trismus, im doing the quest where i need to kill 5 grulets of rank 4 or above, but i cant find any ... anywhere, there are small groups in the path out of the vilage, but it's been at least 1 hour and all i find is ranks 1 and 2, is there some sort of trick to it?

If you continue going north and then head west at the first chance you can follow that to some that are lvl 7+
    Eligus - Spearwoman - Order
    Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes

ok, i found them, i usualy went the wrong way and ended up geting some skelettons, but now i got them, ty

Thread Information