Thread: New Trismus - and quests into the Deadlands

Default New Trismus - and quests into the Deadlands

Just a couple of comments really.

I found I loved questing in NT, and the chain that really got my attention was the one that took me into the Deadlands.

Was made to understand from several people that the Deadlands is intended for groups, hence the difficulty of the skeletons outside it.

Personally, I didn't want to move onto Kion and further, without completing NT as fully as possible, so perhaps, more my own stubbornness than anything that made me accumulate so many DP's and not asking for help/groups.

Anyway, I digress. Part of the reason why I loved levelling in NT was the fact there was a active group of people always there to talk to and socialize, and I would have stayed longer if I could, now, rather than leave NT when I was perhaps meant to (level 9? I dont know), perhaps a more solo based questline could be setup, in a similar vein to the Deadlands (class specific?) one which could tire out / wear a newbie down and perhaps dishearten them.

There wasn't a particular reason not to move onto Kion, otherthan I knew it was a much vaster island (Lesser Aradoth), which I think, in it's present state, needs some work (already made suggestions to Amon) to not lose a given player.

Just my take anyway :-)

Default Re: New Trismus - and quests into the Deadlands

I'm really glad to hear you liked the quests on New Trismus. However, I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting here.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I suppose what I am actually trying to say is, could there be a quest line as detailed and interesting as the Deadlines class specific one, only that it doesn't require a group to complete it. The culmniation of it leading to a boss, also makes it quite climatic.

It gave me a feeling of being ready to move on from NT, something I I didn't get from other quests.

I'm not sure when people are expected to move onto NT, but I felt as though there wasn't many other quests around the same level / direction as the Deadlands one, which has a thick on-going plot and a good XP hunt at the same time.
    Personally (and maybe I am an exception), I rarely join parties because I can't often commit to long periods of plays, so I had to wait until alittle later to progress further into the quest when I was a higher level, but it was worth it. The biggest problem of all was the fact, knowing I couldn't progress the quest, and I didn't want to start questing in another map.

Hope that reads better :-)

Yes, thank you. The school quests (of which there are 7 for each school) are intended to get you close to level 9. Then you have the Trials quest and then the Deadlands quest to get you to level 10 or 11. And finally each school has a "connector" quest to send you to Kion to continue onwards.

At what level did you complete the school quests? Did you do each one (warrior, mage, cleric, scout) or just one school only?

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The connector quest - Does that send you off to your class trainer? I do remember doing that.

I only went to the Warrior school, I didn't want to confuse matters taking on another class so early on. After adventuring in Kion somewhat, I was repeatedly told to take the Cleric/Healer class to heal up during/after fights, which I did, and it went well, though I didn't go back to the Deadlands, I should now I think about it.

Don't remember when I finished certain parts, I think I actually left NT completely around level 14 though, I did have to get help to kill Urgat.

Yes, the connector quests send you from the trainer on NT to the trainer on Kion.

One issue that we've been discussing internally is that there are a bunch of quests on Lesser Aradoth, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of direction. We're considering stream-lining it a bit and that may help some with your concerns.

Thread Information