Thread: Cape Animation

Default Cape Animation

I am a Wizard, I just bought a nice yellow cape and there is no animation for it.I can't walk around like this, a wizard needs his cape otherwise the people will laugh at him and consider him a wannabe.

If you don't have the animation for it than remove the item from the game, you can't give that which you not have.

Peace
    No subliminal message here.

Default Re: Cape Animation

Quote Originally Posted by vosto View Post
    I am a Wizard, I just bought a nice yellow cape and there is no animation for it.I can't walk around like this, a wizard needs his cape otherwise the people will laugh at him and consider him a wannabe.

If you don't have the animation for it than remove the item from the game, you can't give that which you not have.

Peace
    That means you'll lose whatever stat benefits you can get from the cape too.... As a spellcaster myself- I prefer not seeing it than removing it completely.

Every bit of armor helps when you are stuck wearing cloth (aka wet toliet paper armor).

Course, there's nothing stopping you from simply not wearing it if it's that big of a deal to you *shrugs*

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    That means you'll lose whatever stat benefits you can get from the cape too.... As a spellcaster myself- I prefer not seeing it than removing it completely.

Every bit of armor helps when you are stuck wearing cloth (aka wet toliet paper armor).

Course, there's nothing stopping you from simply not wearing it if it's that big of a deal to you *shrugs*
    lol. Though I would love for them to add the cape being visible. I agree with you here, I'd rather have it, and not see it. Than not have it at all

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

They can compensate that loss by adding more stats to the tunic or pants.I don't play this game for numbers, numbers are illusive.I'm not saying they should remove, I am saying they should make animation for it as it's a paradox to have stats on something that you cannot see.

It's not a big deal for me and as you can see I made the post in a rather amusing matter.

The main category is called "suggestions" so I am just suggesting.

Peace

I don't remember exactly but I am wanting to say that I think capes waving like cloth is actually impossible for the game engine to do.

Thus they cannot ever do it .

I totally remember this being said once upon a time but..I may be misremembering!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

There are a few previous discussions on that matter.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...=visible+capes being one of them.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thanks for the information, that is unfortunate, there for an admin should close this topic.

Do not delete it though...so that others will not repeat my mistakes.

Wouldn't be a bad idea honestly, There's Cloth animation in Clothworking stations.. Its a lil buggy and you can turn it off, and I believe its off by default.. but if thats possible, how hard is it to move that graphic onto the back of a character?

Again I'm expecting the 'memory' excuse but even if you look at Shaiya or Cabal.. the cape is paper thin, move to the right angle and you see no cape... It takes minuscule amounts of data for things like that..
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

I have a solution.. just dye your cape with the Invisible dye.. then you will have no problems role playing it, nor will you have any issues not seeing it because it is INVISIBLE. Who really needs a colored cape following you around anyhow to get stuck in some bush, spiders can grab it easier.. the Avatar of Pain would grab you by it when you try to run...

Just INVISIBLE dye..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Now there is an interesting suggestion...

The reason it's not as easy as just slapping a bit of cloth simulation onto the character's back is because the cloth sim wouldn't care that there's a character there. It would just drop straight down and clip right through your character's back.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Clearbrooke View Post
    Again I'm expecting the 'memory' excuse but even if you look at Shaiya or Cabal.. the cape is paper thin, move to the right angle and you see no cape... It takes minuscule amounts of data for things like that..
    Something like cloth simulation isn't memory intensive, it's CPU intensive.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Yeah it's not as simple as slapping it on a character's back, I've played games that that exact thing happens in.. and yeah.. its goofy lookin.. it would take a bit of work but its very plausible and you can't say its not because uhm.. Go look at other games lol.. FREE games can manage it.. Its not in every game, and others choose to go Istaria's route of an invisible cloth type deal... I feel nothing against it, but it's a nice idea.. even for just guild symbols or certain quest ideas.. Would add a hint of interest to questing for say... The Kion Militia.. Then you've got a title.. and a nifty lookin cape...
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Just because other games "can do it" icluding free games does not mean Istaria (or any other game) can do it.

Engines are all different. Istaria's engine at this point is probably a stand-alone in the wide field LOL. There are many, many, many things other games can do (and some of them Im sure do it easily) that Istaria's game engine just wont support.

So it isn't the whole "other games do it so I know its possible" its the whole "they dont have the game engine Istaria has"

Its like our engine is some red-headed defiant step-child engine...LOL.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I think it's less that the engine seriously cannot under any circumstances do it, and more that the amount of work required to force it to do it greatly outweighs the benefits to the game overall. Problems of a tiny niche game with a small dev team.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

no capes!!!!!!!!!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I think it's less that the engine seriously cannot under any circumstances do it, and more that the amount of work required to force it to do it greatly outweighs the benefits to the game overall. Problems of a tiny niche game with a small dev team.
    ...working with a rendering engine and tools designed for consoles in 2001.

Thread Information