Thread: Old Items

Default Old Items

DCOM, Thundercloud, xGenerate Health, and Primal Vengeance/ the other lost techs, (ect.). Item's that are all now belonging to a select few veteran players, or totally gone from Istaria. Most, if not all of these items definitely puts the few holders higher up on scale then the newer players in the community.

Now don't get me wrong here, I get the whole 'one time items' deal. But it's pretty sad to realize how much the newer players missed out, or to tell people "Sorry you can't have that anymore." I do not believe we would be upset if they didn’t come with an event. All that I'm asking is to please have another chance to get these items.

-Coughs- ok so onto my idea for how these could be handed back out. ;p

(Very) Rare drops off higher leveled mobs. (Such as Kwellens, Beserkers, Nah'guk Ogres ect.) It would also suppress some of the boredom that’s been plaguing higher leveled players. There really is not really much of a reason to get up and go hunting just for the fun of it anymore. This would give us something to do, as well as possibly getting the items. (Limited time?)

Although I'm sure someone else could come up with a much better idea then that.

Default Re: Old Items

I resently came back too the game, and had my old dragon restored, when i posted on our guildforums the stuff i could make, i got asap overwelmed by our members on wow, where did you get the stuff, and requests too make for them some of the old stuff i had that isnt really obtainable anymore, putting in a way my old character indead in a sweet spot/advantage over "newer" characters in a trading position..

Alltough i'm more as happy too supply these items too any players (as long they provide the materials ofc) it did stroke me as odd, i still had acces too these items and can distribute these items into the game while they arent really obtainable by any other means, and reading your post, i pressume more old returning players have this "availablity" too obsolete/old items bringing back into the game..

It did stroke my odd that those "items" werent stripped of my character, allthough my old Dragon came of old backups wich prolly havent been accesed into the game for many years, and now Istaria gets alot of old returning characters/players back its i guess a unforeseen issues the current devs havent thought of that would happen till it now arises in (lack of better wording) envy of the newer players..

Quote Originally Posted by Arragoth View Post
    It did stroke my odd that those "items" werent stripped of my character, allthough my old Dragon came of old backups wich prolly havent been accesed into the game for many years, and now Istaria gets alot of old returning characters/players back its i guess a unforeseen issues the current devs havent thought of that would happen till it now arises in (lack of better wording) envy of the newer players..
    It would be odd if the items would be stripped.
    You do a quest, get an special item as reward. Quest gets obsolete and poof goes the item. That would make a lot of people very angry!

In principle there is no difference in old players having certain items / forms and returning old players having certain items/forms.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

In a ways your right, offcourse, i made that comment mostly due, i've played other MMO's (EvE Online for example) where stuff gots obsolete, and every character who had those items where stripped of these, reasoning was that, it would bring unbalance, and could lead too, excuse me for lack of better wording, angry players, since they coudnt obtain the items

Thread Information