Thread: Storage "rules"

Default Storage "rules"

I am going to be very polite so this doesn't get moved to another area of the forum but I confess to be dumfounded by the rules of storage.

First nothing attuned went into plot storage, only the vaults. Added to other sundry items, now it seems tier 6 cargo disks will not go into storage on my plot either. They are quite bulky--150-- and leaving in the vault rather hurts the idea of getting ones vault upgraded to X.

Why have these restrictions in the first place? They are annoying! For example, you keep armor in your house but not the crystal that goes IN the armor if it's attuned.

Anyone agree?

Thank you very much.

Cixi the gnome
    Order

Default Re: Storage "rules"

Oh... when you first mentioned being unable to store your disk in your buildings, I thought you meant you could not stack them.

My storage is a mess any way I look at it. I'm not big on attuned items and I certainly don't like being limited in where I can store attuned items. I kind of understand the game mechanics making it necessary, though not well enough to explain it.

One thing that would be a huge help for me, is to make titles earned from quests a drop down menu item instead of actual inventory items. I'm not sure I'll ever finish Delgarath quests simply because I do not have inventory space for the badges. What a dorky reason not to do the game quests!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post

Anyone agree?

Thank you very much.

Cixi the gnome
    Order

I totally agree.
    The crystal thing seems to be caused by the fact that the vault is part of your peronal space like your backpack and your house isn't. You can't put something in other persons vault or backpack, you can in their houses (if proper permission is granted).
    So that's for things in containers, it seems there is nothing to be done to that.

Attuning is a totally other point. Nothing is preventing them to stop attuning.
    So please, stop attuning, I think nobody likes it, at least I never met someone who does.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Awdz, I totally agree with you about the badges. I don't have room to store things like that either.

As for attuning items, it makes sense to me if you won it in a quest, but what would be wrong with putting it into a house. No one will take it because they can't use it. What good does it do not letting us store it where we want to?

Another crazy thing is that once you place a crystal inside a helmet or tool,
    you can't put THAT into a house either. Perhaps this is some issue with coding the game, I don't know. How about putting minds to the issue and solving it?

Cixi the gnome
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the Gnome Liberation Front!

I understand the quest items being attuned untill the quest is over but the final item should not be attuned. If the quest is only possible to do once then the item from the quest cannot be gotten again. So if somebody sells or trades theirs then they will not be able to get another. Unless they buy or trade for it. Most of the attuning in the game makes no sense to me. And I wish somebody would finally explain the reasoning behind it to all of us. So we could stop complaining about it without knowing the reasoning behind it.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Attuning is NOT going away. Items that are attuned are items that you quest for and that includes the rewards. If another player wants that item, they can do the quest for it.

Items that are looted are attuned when you equip them, install them (tech kits). Crystals should not attune the parent item unless they are currently in the parent item. That may be a bug.

Attuned items can't be put into plot storage because the way the system is currently coded it could be taken out by someone else.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Attuning is NOT going away. Items that are attuned are items that you quest for and that includes the rewards. If another player wants that item, they can do the quest for it.

Items that are looted are attuned when you equip them, install them (tech kits). Crystals should not attune the parent item unless they are currently in the parent item. That may be a bug.

Attuned items can't be put into plot storage because the way the system is currently coded it could be taken out by someone else.
    So why do T6 cargo disks attune, then? I'm not much affected by the attuning but it does make me wonder why T6 disks attune as it seems very arbitrary compared to the reasons you listed.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Pretty much every other MMO I have played has at least two levels of "this character only" flags. One is attuned, which means that only that player can use it, and the other is no drop/no trade, which prevents it from leaving inventory. If the item is attuned, then it can't be wielded by anyone else..who cares who actually holds onto the item or where it is stored?

Attuned items should be tradeable and storable in any normal storage (having 0 money value would prevent it from being "stored" on a consigner) since there is no way for anyone else to actually use it.

Yes, they have not addressed the reason why t6 cargo disks are attuned. They are not quest rewards. If they plan to keep the attuning on crafted items, then those items should have reduced or 0 bulk.

And hopefully they are somewhere near making it possible for Emblems to become a drop down item selectable in the equipment window instead of lots of stacks in inventory.

Thread Information