Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: In Skyrim

Default Re: In Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    And just when I thought I was starting to get bored, Skyrim adds a whole 'nother layer to my gameplay....
    Okay, so going through the whole game first THEN doing the faction quests is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Being able to summon a companion that can do shouts is wonderful entertainment. Take over that fort? No problem! *calls companion* Done. Okay now what? I feel like a general just getting to run to the top of a tower and just watching the carnage below.
    Ah, what a beautiful thing this retirement. Now to get me a wife (finally). Plus it's psuedo revenge against those stupid fus ro dah undead nords.
    Especially the one that splits up into 3 mirror images and they start throwing you back and forth the room like a ragdoll.

Also, while doing the main quest-line, do you remember that dwarven ruin you are sent to, to get a certain famous item?

Did you actually EXPLORE that huge cave? OMG, the level designers who did the design of that place need to be given a medal.

Blackreach is freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Blackreach is freaking awesome.
    Blackreach!!! =P
    I didn't want to leave lol
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Blackreach is incredible. However, I found finding 30 ninroots a pain as the ambient sounds mimicked a ninroot too closely. I found myself straining my ears to figure out if what I was hearing was the "ending warble" of a ninroot or the ambient noise that made itself known every minute or so. Exploring there was fun but I was kinda glad to leave when it came time.

I'm getting Skyrim for a Christmas present... good job as I need to do more OU work before then :P
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

aaaahhh was finishing up the last weekend of SW:TOR beta and now Im in full SKyrim withdrawls - but dont really get to PLAY it until weekends..

AHHH feels like Im missing out - LOL. Just got to level 23 here, hanging out now around Riften (third town total) and getting all those jobs done for the Theives Guild. Kept Frost as my horse so enjoying having a pony again. ANd they are little battle-steeds arent they!

"Accidently" wandered up into a blood dragons lair outside of Riften - and then quietly snuck back out again before he woke up! Lived to tell the tale!

Doign the game in small chunks while tryng to get least get rid of 1 quest for ever 3-4 that get added. And NOT jumping around the world everywhich place until I feel Im DONE with the city Im at for the moment.

Just so much to do!! Even if after the patch the game CTDs randomly and it never did before - the game is worth it! LOL
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    "Accidently" wandered up into a blood dragons lair outside of Riften - and then quietly snuck back out again before he woke up! Lived to tell the tale!
    A lair?! I've never come across a dragon in it's lair before. Always encounter them flapping overhead.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Pony!

Pony! Pony! Pony! *continues riding around for 3 minutes then two bears show up.*

Nooooo my Pony! (I refuse to call them horses. They are way too slow for that. Plus my chanting makes Boyfriend laugh.)

*buys a new horse*

*get three feet from the stable and a bear shows up and eats the horse*

Oh come on!

Now I just walk. Stupid horses die too easily. Dragons aren't so much in lairs, but more like perched on word walls or lying beside them. There's a dead frost dragon corpse that keeps following me around when I fast travel. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by GlindorOcculus View Post
    A lair?! I've never come across a dragon in it's lair before. Always encounter them flapping overhead.
    I've managed to do it.

They appear as little dragon head symbols on your compass, and they almost always have a dragon at them. Sometimes they are just sitting there near the Word Wall (most of them have Word Walls near them too!), other times they're flying around.

I've actually been able to sneak attack them with a bow, but it requires a quite high sneak (my character has 100 sneak without using any cheap exploits or buying training, I got that sneak fair and square). I tried it earlier at 70-ish, and the dragon heard me drawing my bow. Yeesh.

Pony!

Pony! Pony! Pony! *continues riding around for 3 minutes then two bears show up.*

Nooooo my Pony! (I refuse to call them horses. They are way too slow for that. Plus my chanting makes Boyfriend laugh.)

*buys a new horse*

*get three feet from the stable and a bear shows up and eats the horse*

Oh come on!

Now I just walk. Stupid horses die too easily. Dragons aren't so much in lairs, but more like perched on word walls or lying beside them. There's a dead frost dragon corpse that keeps following me around when I fast travel. o.O
    Get the quested horse. The only time I've ever seen her die is when I fell too far (I reloaded afterwards).

She makes an excellent tank for a bow-using character when fighting giants or dragons. Yes, Giants who kill you in 2-3 hits, can't even kill this horse.

Also, there are some VERY interesting bugs with dragons.

I was on Meridia's sword quest when I fast-traveled to Meridia's Shrine, and I didn't know it, but there was a dragon flying above. I placed her beacon on the pedestal and got thrown up in the air, and got to watch a spectacular view of a dragon walking around in mid-air chomping at Meridia herself while she was talking to me. Chomp... Chomp.... WHOOOSH! Frost Breath! Chomp... Chomp... and Meridia kept talking to me, plainly ignoring this dragon who was having fun with her little glowing orb.

The bug was funny, but game-breaking as I was then stuck in 'cutscene mode' (after her little speech when she should have returned you to the ground) several hundred feet up in the air. I was able to walk around (in midair!), Meridia's glowy orb thingie was still there, but being in cutscene mode, I was unable to draw my weapons or kill the dragon.

So, a lesson to be learned: Don't place Meridia's Beacon on its pedestal until you make sure there are no dragons nearby. And, of course, Quicksave, Quicksave, Quicksave.
    Last edited by Dhalin; December 5th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

If you can ever get Shadowmere then you shouldn't have to worry about him dying. He's got more health / resistance and a significantly higher health regeneration rate than other horses, at least I've never had him die yet anyway.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    If you can ever get Shadowmere then you shouldn't have to worry about him dying. He's got more health / resistance and a significantly higher health regeneration rate than other horses, at least I've never had him die yet anyway.
    He's got at least twice, if not three times as much health (887!!) than your average player does, and he has a very high regeneration rate according to the wiki.

As I've said before, I've personally seen two giants wailing on him while I was fighting a mammoth and he was still alive by the time everything was dead.

He makes an awesome tank!

Aye, as others said its not really a "lair" like a cave. As others mentioned there are places ont he map w here the dragon head will appear on a compass showing you there is a perma-dragon (as I think of them) there. To me thats a "lair" because they dont really leave/fly around randomly like the spawned dragons do.

This one actually had no dragon-head on the c ompass, I had no idea there was a dragon on the ruins at all. I was just traveling on horseback around Riften and saw up on the mountain side were some standing ruins. I went to find a way to climb up there and when I get on top I turned the corner and there, on a back wall, was a sleeping dragon. All curled up on the wall, sides moving as he was breathing, wings laying down off the side of the wall. LOL. If I was roleplaying in game I can tell you my character definitely cussed under her breath...ROFL (and I did outloud when I rounded the corner IRL).

The map popped telling me the name of the place (something with dragon in it LOL) and I hightailed it back out of there before he woke up cuz I know I cant down a blood dragon yet.

Yea Shian as Dhalin and Akrion said - wait for a quested horse. There is more than one (at least two anyway). But don't bother buying the normal horses cuz as you said, they die pretty easily.

Now - you said run speed - are you aware you can forever-sprint on horseback? Just wondering as I didn't realize it at first. Theres horse walk (like your walk command) then what I think of as "trot" which is regular horse run speed and then there is gallop - which is sprint-key on horseback. Stamina doesn't run out (at least not on the quested horses) and it definiltey going faster.

I have Frost which is the 2nd quested horse (Shadowmere is also one). Its a pretty straight forward quest chain out of Riften with like 2-3 steps in it...

SPOILERS FOR GETTING FROST:::::::

(comes from the Black Briar lady's son whoh is down in the prison cell of Riften I believe). He askes you to steal his mothers horse, Frost. You can agree to do it and then go get Frost (as well as going and telling his mom he wants you to steal the horse, doesn't change anything other than she may like me for something in the future I guess don't know yet). When you turn Frost back into the guy you can persuade/threaten him (I threatened to tell his mother on him LOL) and he will fold and be like "fine keep the horse" and then the horse is yours.

END SPOILERS:::::::::

So it stays whever you go at the stables through fast travel or whatever.

I dont know if Frost is as unkillable as Shadowmere but so far she has fought bears and wolves and wizards and trolls with me and not died yet.

Check the ES/Skyrim Wikki to see if there are other quested horses -those are the only two Im aware of but Im not very far in game.

Shadowmere requires the whole Dark Brotherhood quest line I THINK (or thieves guild) and so until I get Shadowmere, Frost was much faster to get.

Also Shadowmere is suppose to be totally unkillable - the fact that the horse can die at all (from falls or whatever) is actually a bug. Heh.

Also in case noone was aware - you can also get one of several dog companions that you can have out IN ADDITION to your human companion (so you actually get two companions out to fight with). They are on the wikki how to get them, -

SPOIlERS TO GET DOGGIES!!::::::::

one is quested for (Meeko), one you can buy like a merc soldier (but you pay the fee for each mission), and one (stray dog) just spawns randomly in the world when you are out and about. If you ever see a dog fighting two wolves rescue the dog, and he will stay with you as a companion if you like .

I dont htink they are unkillable though. I don tknow if they are considered "essential" NPCs like Lydia and some other companions - where they are very hard to kill naturally. Wikki said nothign about that .

(END SPOILERS!!)))):::::::
    Last edited by Frith-Rae; December 7th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Shadowmere is indeed Dark Brotherhood, and is not hard to obtain at all.

Though, not Everyone wants to join the DB and be an assassin I guess. *shrugs*

Still, though, you get an awesome almost-black horse with glowing red eyes. Also get some nice armor for a stealthy character at the very beginning of the questline. Boots that have the Muffle effect FTW! They make sneaking a LOT easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    "TES" = "The Elder Scrolls"

There's several "TES" games out there now:

"TES: Arena"
    "TES II: Daggerfall"
    "TES III: Morrowind"
    "TES IV: Oblivion"
    "TES V: Skyrim"

Skyrim comes by itself, but Steam just recently had a sale, Oblivion for $5. Not sure if it is still going on though.
    I'm such a dork. I meant TES Construction Kit. I'm still playing Oblivion with tons of mods. I don't ever get sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    I'm such a dork. I meant TES Construction Kit. I'm still playing Oblivion with tons of mods. I don't ever get sick of it.
    23 days later... xD While I don't think it's out yet the Devs say they'll release the editor just like they have with TES 3, 4 and FO3.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Boy do I feel like a jerk.
    Found Kesh the Clean or some such. Uhh...

SPOILERS:::::::

I found the quest path logical and followed it: "go kill baddie who has lost his way." Sure.
    Forgetting I was talking to a daedric prince of disease.
    He spread a plague to a village then sent one of his followers to gather up the people and quarantine them until their services would be needed.
    Sneaking around the compound so that I was only killing the bad guy, I found some pretty depressing stuff.
    The people trapped down there were grateful for the help of the Daedric Lord who gave them a pretty snazzy place to live so they could be a community. Found myself into a dwelling to overhear a woman talking to her bedridden brother. She wanted to see the sky again and she wasn't sure if staying down here was the best idea. I didn't get to hear hte rest of the conversation because I was spotted and had to kill both the woman who was attacking me and her sick brother who slooowwwly got out of bed to pelt arrows at me.

Daawwww.... and I had to kill a few of them. Meh.

END SPOILERS:::::::::

23 days later... xD While I don't think it's out yet the Devs say they'll release the editor just like they have with TES 3, 4 and FO3.
    The Creation Kit will be out in January.

Link

Yea last official statement was a week or so ago - they said they will be releasing it in January.

Im not even half way through the game yet so yeaaa perfect for me! LOL
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by GlindorOcculus View Post
    Blackreach!!! =P
    I didn't want to leave lol
    I finally got here in my free time. My jaw hit the desk when I saw the place. I don't want to leave either!

Pony!

Pony! Pony! Pony!
    Hooray I got a horse! ... And it was just barbequed by a dragon. Hooray for buying another horse... Which is turned into a horsecicle next fast travel.

I gave up on buying dragon food after that.
    Last edited by Frosthide; December 18th, 2011 at 01:28 AM.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by Frosthide View Post
    Hooray I got a horse! ... And it was just barbequed by a dragon. Hooray for buying another horse... Which is turned into a horsecicle next fast travel.

I gave up on buying dragon food after that.
    Bring a cow with you next time, the dragon should let your horse alive

Thread Information