Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead server? or just bad timing?

Default Dead server? or just bad timing?

I`m beginning to worry here. I play on Order about every night, and lately it`s like no one`s on, or just no one wants to rP or talk. is it just bad timing? I know I work late, and don`t get on till 11:00pm my time (US central time)
    but I remember just a month or so ago I`d log in, and there`d be at least the remainder of a role play going on. now I see maybe 2 people I know on? and that`s it! and even they barely even say hi to me anymore.

I`m starting to wonder is it even worth while staying on Order anymore? am I even welcome here? O.o
    Is the shard actualy dying? Where is everyone?
    *Feels lonely*

Default Re: Dead server? or just bad timing?

i'm still here .. .. just working lat
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Welcome?? Why are you taking it personally? LOL

Well now I will say 11pm US time is past primetime so it doesn't surprise me that there wouldn't be that many options to pick from (esp. if the normal crowd you usually ran into is out for whatever reason - not many other options).

But also I know around here the holiday season has more than officially started (since Halloween is over) so many people are busy shopping and/or making up work shifts for the vacations that are coming (this week is 4 day weekend for many due to Thanksgiving). Or they are spending holidays with family.

Many peoples schedules get pretty full from here until after New Years. So that might also be an effect you are seeing where there is not as many people on.

Populations and schedules go through cycles - and often times around holidays - thats a cycle down for Online activities for many.

So before feeling the world is coming to an end - or something even more bizarre that it has anything to do with you personally - give it some time and see if it swings back more towards normal soon (or..after the new year for some people LOL)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

Think it's just bad timing and rl keeping people busy, i know this is what happens to me, for example now i have a final this week and two next one. x.x I'm still around though! Plus many people just get on around holidays or weekends....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    I`m beginning to worry here. I play on Order about every night, and lately it`s like no one`s on, or just no one wants to rP or talk. is it just bad timing? I know I work late, and don`t get on till 11:00pm my time (US central time)
    but I remember just a month or so ago I`d log in, and there`d be at least the remainder of a role play going on. now I see maybe 2 people I know on? and that`s it! and even they barely even say hi to me anymore.

I`m starting to wonder is it even worth while staying on Order anymore? am I even welcome here? O.o
    Is the shard actualy dying? Where is everyone?
    *Feels lonely*
    I don't know if you have seen my thread about Order's warmth, some say there why they don't greet everyone, outside of being afk or busy. There is also Sereamha's thread to look, "Where are you?"

Personally I haven't much free time due to IRL work, finals every week it seems, having to go to sleep not too late and wake up early,... I still try to join when I have time, and RP if I can.

Just the stress of middle school driving me away. homework takes up most of my time now....sooner or later i'll get back into the game.....eventually
    Cory
    ------------------------
    Coleraon Pesong, Warrior of Order

Just busy with other things, Reags. Commissions, school, and Skyrim are distracting me quite a bit XD
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

The second week after Skyrim's release is pretty bad timing, yeah.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

What Raptress says and,

not only in school or University is end-of- the- year-stress.
    Most of us here have to work more and longer or 6 days a week until end of year. Lots of us can`t have any free days until then.

I try to be on every day- but can`t stay as long as I use to.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

welcome to the world of blight, my dear - we always had a low population, but lately, i am often the only one on......
    major bummer, but hopefully things will be busier after the holidays
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

daww dont be so sad reags
    like everyone else has said. its finals, holidays, stress, release of new games, and other things just piling up.
    i try to log in when im free but i dont stay up past 11 pm CST very often. because i have classes at 8.
    christmas time is right around the bend and i guarentee order and chaos will be bustling again with activity
    *hug*

Oh yeah! LOL
    I suppose, think will pick up more once school is done too. seems things tend to die down during the school year. XD plus holidays, family.friends all that stuffs.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I dunno... summer seemed to be pretty dead the few times I logged in.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    I dunno... summer seemed to be pretty dead the few times I logged in.
    In my opinion, summer seemed to be pretty alive and active on Order shard and its public RP the numerous times I logged in.

Blog Entries

I know I am on break, which is why I haven't done any recent videos or even been on.

Hard to play a game these days non-stop after all. XD

I'm back and 'testing the waters' right now. Though.. the population does seem a little low. Granted, Order's population fluctuates like no other so I would give it about a week.

Try jumping on every so often around noonish PST (seems that is around the time I have noticed a large amount of people online). It's what I plan on doing!

Reagle *hugs*,

It indeed has been abnormally empty in Order lately.
    But, let us not forget that many of the Gifted have
    slipped away to wander 2 new worlds - Skyrim and
    Assassin's Creed.

I'm thinking once the veneer wears of those games, we
    will see more Gifted waking in Istaria like we used to.

I'll always continue to wake, and hopefully I can offer
    company and conversation so you do not feel lonely.

Andaras

Sorry! D: I have finals and have lots of homework. I'm trying to get on but when I do. Something comes up and I would have to go AFK. Once the holidays are over it will get less busy.
    Janesaphira- dragon- lunus- level 58 adventure- 41 crafting

Seems everyone is too busy. It happened when I came some weeks ago back to the game. Like 80% of my old friends has gone, and the others barely log in. Aswell the RP's are dead. I don't see almost anyone rping like before. Just some 2 or 3 membered random rp chats and nothing else. It's a bit sad, keeping in mind that we are in the Order server, the Role-Playing shard. I've saw members from Chaos Rping, the shard where barely anyone RP's. Its sad, yes it is.

~Tai

Taikeru Auris - [100/76/31/12] ~ ''The Primal Guardian of the Ancients of Order''

There is still RP going on from times to times, in public, but many players have IRL things to do first like work, taking time and effort, currently. More will come back, and activity will increase when people get more free time.

Thread Information