Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
Personally, I liked SWG way better then SW:tOR. I would probably still be playing it, if it weren't for the fact that they screwed it all up when they changed the class system. They dumbed it down so much that virtually everyone had the same build, because you couldn't do much of anything else.
This... I had my whole career plotted to in the end maybe even making it all the freaking way to jedi... According to the forum this was supposed to take 2-3 years of steady farming and playing. Pity I never made it past lvl 40... Oh well better at 40 then at max level only moments away from becoming a Jedi I guess.

So far I think that from the few MMO's I have played SW:ToR is the most linear game I have played... It is even more freaking linear then SW:KOTOR I + II and those are single player RPG's. Even those started with 3 choices after you did the first planet / tutorial area (be it Taris or that mining station).

From lvl 1 it is determined that as a Sith Warrior (my first character... lol) you start at Korriban (lvl 1-10), then go to Dromund Kaas (lvl 10-16), Balmorra (lvl 16-20), Nar Shadaa (lvl 20-24), Tatooine (lvl 24-28), Alderaan (lvl 28-32)... And that brings me at the destinations that I have been or am supposed to visit at lvl 26 according to my class quests... In theory I have a new planet to visit and completely drain from lore and quests every 4 levels all the way up to 50 I guess... After which it will probably be mothballed considering I dont feel like doing the high end Heroics every day for that one piece of gear that might make me 0.001% better then my opponent in PvP... Especially since I don't like PvP
I think that this is going to make me bored very quickly... The planets are tiny compared to SWG. Sure it lacks the crafting machines till the horizon fields and that is a good thing, but I always liked to be on tatooine in SWG, dancers in the cantina dancing all day just for xp. Also being able to simple start your own player created town were ever you like as long as you and a few others would place the required buildings... Having the choice of every weapon in the game only depending on your skill I guess if it would hit more or do better damage. Not having to pay 40-50k ingame coin for the honor of having a mount and the skill you need to use it is also a big plus.