Thread: patents patents patents

Hybrid View

Default Re: patents patents patents

apple's....special.

Microsoft on the other hand will just run the other guy out of business or buy it outright. rofl.

so i half agree with you.

I think there are more important things in the world to worry about.

Like whens the next sale going on at the local grocery store?!
    I sure am hungry

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Everything has two sides.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Everything has two sides.
    Some even have more!
    But that discovery I have patented.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Patents are made so the "first" person that thought them up can get paid for their ideas. No one says that they have to be the ones the produce the item in the long run, but the people that do produce the patented item gets rewarded for thinking up the item first.

The biggest problem I have with it is, to get something patented, you have to have financial backing these days. You have to have a Patent lawyer, to see if your patent infringes on other peoples. If it might, you have to go to court, to determine where your their patent ends, and where your "new" idea begins.. It usually takes 4-8 months to get a patent these days because of all the hoops you have to jump through to get something through.

If I could only go back to when I was a kid and patent all the things I thought up... lets see... Heated car seats, that woulda been a nice patent. Windshield wipers that turn themselves on when they sense the windshield is wet (oh yes.. that has been produced). Pickup truck toolbox bed... that is where the regular outside of the truck looks like a regular outside, but the outside opens out to reveal tool boxes... (yes.. that was made too, like.. 5 years after I came up with the idea).

The problem is. when I came up with those Ideas about 30 years ago, I was like.. 8-10.. and no one took my ideas seriously. Now guess what.. all those ideas have been now produced, and personally I love the heated seats... way love them. Too bad an 8 yr old cant afford all the patent crap.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Mom wants nothing more than to have a bed on a swing. We have automated swings for babies, why not adults? And by extension- use it on a full sized bed. Sadly, it's patented but not being produced.

I'm with Frith on this one, everything has two sides.

Patents are needed so that inventors can get their credit for inventing something, but yet, some people take it way too far in the other direction.

Same thing goes on in the government. Someone creates a law or idea in government, and next thing you know, a couple hundred years later, it is being used to absolutely re-tar-ded lengths, and has been mistranslated up, down, and 500 ways in the wrong directions.

Or, how about lawsuits? Okay, so if you do something dumb that causes damage to another person, or another person's property, the other person deserves some payment for the damage in the form of a lawsuit. But to sue for complete accidents? Or, how about when someone does something stupid, hurts themselves and then sues you for failing to stop them from hurting themselves?

Like, if some guy breaks into my house, cuts himself while smashing in my kitchen window, and then sues me for his medical bills/pain-and-suffering/whatever he can tack on...

That's another good example of a necessary thing (lawsuits) being taken in absurd directions.

Thread Information