Thread: Questions: Moving character / payment options

Default Questions: Moving character / payment options

Hi, I am not sure if this is the correct section to ask questions like these, but I remember this community to be a very friendly and helpful one so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask without too much of research.

I played this game for about a year, I quit about 2 years ago. I had a really good time on the Order server back then, and I met quite a few very nice people. Now I am considering joining again. To be honest, I haven't made up my mind yet, I am still subscribed to another MMORPG and I have a lot of friends there whom I value and whom I would miss if I cancelled my subscription.

So these questions are just me being curious. I enjoyed the crafting in Istaria a lot, and the quality of this community is unrivaled when it comes to MMOs, but I am still undecided whether I should reactivate my account.

Either way, I would like to know if it is possible in this game to transfer your character from one server to another (in my case, from Order to Chaos). And if yes, how much would it cost to do so?
    The reason I am asking is not because I disliked the Order server back when I was playing, but the fact that I realized that I really suck at roleplaying... it's really not my playstyle. Especially considering that english is not my first language, I really didn't fit in there.

My second question is: is it still possible to pay for your account using paypal? I don't have a credit card (they are rather uncommon here), but if I went back to playing Istaria, I'd really like to get a subscription where I'd be able to buy a plot again. Building up a plot was a great experience when I still played this game.

I apologize for the wall of text, but I hope someone is able to help me with my questions.

Cheers,
    Gnozzorg

PS. Writing my character name there opened up another question... is it possible to have your character renamed? If so, how much would it cost to do so? Thanks again.
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

Default Re: Questions: Moving character / payment options

First let me welcome you back to Istaria.

The cost of having a character moved from one server to another is a one time fee of $24.95. This includes a free name change for the character because the character's name is appended with the shard when it is transferred.

We have many payment options available including Paypal should you decide to subscribe.

Default Re: Questions: Moving character / payment options

Thank you very much for your response. If the character move includes a name change, then the price appears very reasonable indeed.
    I am glad to hear that I can still pay via paypal.

However, a "welcome back" is a bit premature I'm afraid... I honestly haven't decided yet, although the option to move and rename my character are a big incentive.

Maybe I should just pay my account for one month to come back and say hello to a few people and see where that takes me. I can still decide on a character move (and maybe a rename) once my account is reactivated, right?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your response.
    Gnozzorg Grozzbog, Order Shard

Thread Information