Thread: Elm Trees

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Elm Trees

Elm trees now have a huge 'aura' surrounding them that stops you from selecting a mob near it unless you have a 'select nearest mob' hot key set up.
    Seems worst near Sable shores with the greater ulmus beetles but is also bad on AI with the ruxus.

Default Re: Elm Trees

Have you noticed if the aura is for large and massive trees or all trees? Cause no changes were made to the entity files for any of that.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

This might be the same thing I'm encountering in the yew forest where I can't select shining essence nodes (or treants or bloodsnouts or oastics) if there's a yew tree of any type on the same side of my character.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Yes, I had the same yesterday and the day before trying to select bright essence residue in the maple west of Harton Valley.

I used to call the flax "greedy" because when you would try to select some nearby sandstone (say at Pratt's Pond) you would have to move around or turn so the flax was no longer in view to select the stone. It was the very same thing that was happing to me over the weekend with the maples & essence.

Nia : Blight : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

that's been happening forever, i just ignored it as part of the game functioning.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I have to disagree with you Velveeta
    I was out near Winter's Vale killing Than'kuk Scouts and it is very annoying when you can't select the scouts until they are very close. I have been out there before the update and never had that problem. I did not notice this happening in the doom though. When you have a clear view of the mob you should be able to select them like it always was. Something changed by accident.

Cheers

Okay, I think we've narrowed down the cause of this. A while back we switched a lot of in-game objects (mostly resource nodes) to be non-collidable in order to help with some performance issues. There are some differences in the entity files and we're looking into that as the cause. Thanks for your patience.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I am wondering if that change to non-collide might have been made at the time as the stone direction markers which for my windows 7 x64 went from non-collide to invisible (unless the markers are either near the position of the toon when logging in or near a destination pad when teleporting - in both cases with the loading screen on and then visible with collide)? Or perhaps the stone direction marker phenomena is somehow related?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    I am wondering if that change to non-collide might have been made at the time as the stone direction markers which for my windows 7 x64 went from non-collide to invisible (unless the markers are either near the position of the toon when logging in or near a destination pad when teleporting - in both cases with the loading screen on and then visible with collide)? Or perhaps the stone direction marker phenomena is somehow related?

Knossos
    No, they are still using the same file and are set as collidable.

OK Thank you , Amon.

Knossos

Any timing on when this fix will go in? I was standing in an elm tree today, clicked on it to harvest and a tree that I could not even see in my window interfered with my gathering - "You are too far away from the resource node to gather resources from it." I turned a bit and then was able to harvest that tree with no further problem.

I also had difficulting selecting cedar trees when gathering from them earlier today. I've not tested other forests yet while gathering from them but have noticed issues with selecting targets while hunting when nearby trees (yew, thornwood).

In short, all trees are like this. Glad a cause has been found and a fix might be on the way.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information